KDS 11:1 or CP 11:1 piston with HC2

Started by shrimpy21, October 12, 2008, 01:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shrimpy21

Ok the time is coming very soon,but i did say i would never go into the engine  :rofl:  :lol: Well as the title says im looking at getting a 11:1 piston stock bore and a HC2.What piston do you guys think i should get and why??Also what kinds of gains could i expect to get with adding a piston and cam??

Im going with a HC2 over the HC3 as i do mainly trail riding,some MX tracks and road,as the raptor is road legal here in the UK  :thumbs:
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

dabigbratj

the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

shrimpy21

2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers

dabigbratj

they are a more true compression piston.think you would get more power out of his piston
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

wobble

Barker's custom Diamond 11:1 piston is another option.

Krandall

gains seen..

You will feel quite a bit of difference on the low end for sure. Due to bumping up the compression. But along with that you will see a nice gain on the top due to the cam.

Something you could get to help it out would be a dynatek (Unless you already have it)

as far as which brand piston to get.. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those.. CP, KDS, or Barkers diamond. When kenny put up the thread about piston compressions (lipstick on a pig)  :lol: .. his forumula showed that the lower the compression the more close the compression was to what they company was claiming.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

Or you could get the CP 12.1 and it will come in around 11.1. :rofl:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

shrimpy21

Quote from: Krandall on October 13, 2008, 08:11:13 AM
gains seen..

You will feel quite a bit of difference on the low end for sure. Due to bumping up the compression. But along with that you will see a nice gain on the top due to the cam.

Something you could get to help it out would be a dynatek (Unless you already have it)

as far as which brand piston to get.. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those.. CP, KDS, or Barkers diamond. When kenny put up the thread about piston compressions (lipstick on a pig)  :lol: .. his forumula showed that the lower the compression the more close the compression was to what they company was claiming.

I had the dynatek programmable ignition,but sold it on here,as when i had my bike dynoed,it kept getting a spike in the middle of the rev range,so he was unable to dyno it.I took it off as he said it would run better without and he managed to tune it.The tuners over here in the UK dont know as much as you guys and he didnt really know anythink about the dynatek  :'( Anyway i miss the Dynatek because i have lost speed top end for sure.

I think i might go with the KDS piston as Bo (VelociRaptor) said the cylinder will have to be milled to take the CP piston,which i didnt know  :thumbs:
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers

wobble

Quote from: shrimpy21 on October 13, 2008, 09:33:48 AM
I think i might go with the KDS piston as Bo (VelociRaptor) said the cylinder will have to be milled to take the CP piston,which i didnt know  :thumbs:

Actually, it doesn't have to be milled to take the piston. It has to be milled to make it a true 11:1.