Sure the real increase is going to come from the tube

And throwing away the airbox  :P

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

kyledvor61

that thing is huge :jaw:

i know the FCI is the shit for YFZ's and I hope there just as good for the 700

PDX Raptor

Got the intake in. It was pretty straight forward and didn't really have any issues. The large tube going from the intake to the TB was a pain in the @SS! I had to spray some WD40 on the tube to get it to slip on to the TB. I also cut about an inch and a half off the big tube and used that to run from the intake to the stock T used to mount the TB hoses. As for the small hose, I didn't use it at all. The stock tube was long enough so I just used that. I would recommend hooking everthing up to the intake first and then to the TB. There are some good pics on moddedraptor if you need a visual. My taillight assembly is hitting the bottom of the filter. Grant can you let me know if yours does the same? After I get the bracket, if it is still touching, I think I will just cut that section of plastic off. Last thing, I wanted to give Garrett at FCI a shout out. He must have read some of my post and PMd me his number. When I called he told me if I had any issues while installing to let him know and he would whatever it took to make it right. All new products are going to have some bugs. It was nice to see Garrett is really concerned and willing to fix any issues that come up. Hell I didn't even have any issues and he contacted me!
Charlie

digitalhearing

This morning I posted several pics and some comments on the RForum FCI vs Kenz thread.  I found that the large rubber boot that slides over the head slid on pretty easy and the intake tube slid into THAT boot easily too.  The air filter on mine doesn't touch the plastic tail light cover, it is close by maybe a half inch but I could easily get the outerwear on.  The problem that I did run ito was attaching the 2 tubes that come from the TBody.  I cut a piece of the large tubing and made a coupler so I could use the OEM "Y" connector into the side of the New intake tube.  I DID use a different small tube, my OEM was going to be too tight so I found a different piece that I hade laying around.  The small tube that came with the FC seemed too small ID to fit over the fitting. 

I was wondering if anyone is having an issue with the air temp sensor that bolts into the side of the intake?  I used the little spacer and rubber O ring that was included and even lock tite'd the bolt but it still rocks back and forth and doesn't seem to suck the guage down flush to the outside of the tube?  I rode it today and the quad runs very well, I do need to dyno tune it soon though, i'm pretty sure I need more fuel.

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

PDX Raptor

Grant I had the same problem with the air sensor. Check the rubber washer. It was sitting too far over to the left and causing the bracket to sit uneven. I moved it over and then the sensor sat snug.
Charlie

digitalhearing

Charlie, I'm inthe garage now, i'm going over to take it apart and make sure it's right,,,,,now that you mention it, there is a little metal spacer that I put UNDER the bracket to even it up.  Does that thick washer (looks like a spacer) go under the bolt head like most washers go or under the bracket...??

Grant
This Forum Rocks !