Who rides with wheel hub spacers on? Jumping????

Started by r00st, September 07, 2008, 04:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r00st

I just bought some used durablue wheel spacers for the rear. I got the +2.25 Houser Racing LT arms (so +4.5 in the front). The rear hubs I got are a little wider than I would like (worried about the extra leverage) they are 2.5 per side, so 5 inches total. So the rear will be .5 wider than the front. I would prefer to have the front +1 over the rear though.

If I swap the rear wheels, what will my total additional offset be for the rear? I dont remember what the rear stock wheel offset is...is it 3+5? So if I flip the rear wheels, would I have a total of only +1?

Think I should do that, or just leave it as is (+5 with wheels the normal way)??

Also...who runs wheel spacers and jumps? I am not sure if its safe to be jumping with the graph-lite urethane/titanium spacers? I dont jump that high so im thinking it will be ok.

Any input is appreciated!

Mike
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

preddy08

I am running the F-force extended hubs on the back of my rappy and have had NO problems at all. I jump all the time 40+ doubles with some nasty landing and it holding up great!!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

r00st

Thanks preddy. Hopefully these durablue urethane ones are as strong as the one-piece G-force aluminum units!

How do you like the width the hubs gave you in the rear? (those are 2-2.5 inch width added right?)
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

preddy08

Right, they are 2" wider.

I love the width. With my +2 arms, 4+1 rims and the rear hubs it come out to being 48" wide. Loving every second of it.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

russ-russ

I ran those same spacers on my 660 for a while with no problems.  I don't jump huge, but I do leave the ground on occasion.

Troy

I used to air my 660 out pretty big with 5" spacers on the back and 3" on the front and no problems at all.  You would have to be going huge to worry about it IMHO.