Steel vs Aluminum wheels

Started by Bert, August 11, 2008, 10:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

I have a front & rear set of steel rims , should I toss them or use them on the 700 ???

shookie

you could use them there going to be heavier
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

PDX Raptor

Sand or Dirt? No way I would run steel rims in the sand. Too heavy and you don't need the extra strength.
Charlie

Bert

PDX Raptor

IMO then you do want a strong rim. I rather carry the extra weight and avoid bending up rims and losing beeds all the time.
Charlie

PDX Raptor

BTW I have never raced on ice...what is that like??? I think I would sh!t my pants going 80-85 on ice! You guys run studs or something?
Charlie

Peelz

Quote from: PDX Raptor on August 12, 2008, 02:03:01 PM
BTW I have never raced on ice...what is that like??? I think I would sh!t my pants going 80-85 on ice! You guys run studs or something?

crazy fun. My first time out, I had no clue how to stud. You are supposed to run the screws all tghe way through the tire. I bought 3/8" hex screws-worked for the front, the back ones were gone by lap three. THen..it was really fun. slip-slidin away :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

1raptor

I vote carbon fiber HYPER all the way :clap:
will the new 2010 camaro ever get here??

Bert

Quote from: PDX Raptor on August 12, 2008, 02:03:01 PM
Front

rear

Rappy with 20's, Z400 with 18's

One moning we awoke to -25 degree temps, that day it warmed up to -3.
Its great fun but the races aren't remotely close to me so its a lot of driving with lodging, fuel costs, entry fees I could have bought my own snow plow :rolleyes: