For anyone interested in Rock stuff..

Started by pj4553, July 19, 2008, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pj4553

I bought the nerfs and I was satisfied with them so I decided to give the bumper a try. I got it in and it looks pretty good  :thumbs: It seems to be sturdy but, I won't be able to tell how it fits till I get my Rappy back. It's been in the shop for almost 3 weeks :mad: Anyway, it's only $79.99 I thought it was a good deal.

Krandall

dang, that looks REAL nice! Do you know if they make extra insterts ?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

pj4553

Hmm.. I don't know  ??? I don't even know if they have a website to get their contact info.

Temptation

Have Brad at Badass designs make one for ya

downfour

don't get the rock skids.   they suck balls.. 

RR34

Quote from: downfour on July 20, 2008, 05:12:45 PM
don't get the rock skids.   they suck balls.. 

lol ive never had good experience with ANY skids and ive tried like every brand.

ive also always thought rock stuff was "too good to be true" but maybe i was wrong?
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

pj4553

Their stuff SEEMS legit. The bumper is solid. Good welds and sturdy mounting brackets. My last quad came with AC nerfs, bumper, and grab bar. The Rock stuff definitely is better than AC. I bent the shit out of my AC nerfs and got a nice Pro Armor set up which was more sturdy than the others but, for the prices they are worth a shot. 

downfour

well with the chassis skid the oil hole wasn't lined up right..  it took some cutting to make a socket fit...     on the swinger skid you loose a bunch of ground clearence..   it doesn't snug up close like the others..    it has alot of coverage just no clearence..       the chassis skid is two peices also which i didn't like and the bolts are not counter sunk into the skid,,  so glid over a few rocks and your fighting with it to get it off.. 

BRAD

i like the ROCK stuff. i have there skids and love them. they have saved my sprocket and rotor a few times. other than the massive vibration noises i have no problems with them. let us know how the nerfs and bumper holds up for ya
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

zx10r203

The bumper looks clean.  Post up some pictures when you get the Rap back!!!