Never used a PCIII before...how do I load a map? Which map should I choose?

Started by r00st, July 25, 2008, 05:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r00st

I just got a 700 with a pcIII on it. I have the pro design filter with barkers. It has a map in it now and seems to run decent, but I can tell the tune is not perfect. When I stab the throttle just off idle it bogs/hesitates which would tell me its lean, but it backfires out of the pipe a little on decel telling me its a little fat too. I pulled the plug before installing the barkers (it had a yoshi pipe on it) and the porcelain was totally black so I know its pretty fat.

Anyway... I was looking at the PCIII on the rappy last night and could not figure out how to unplug it? Looks like the wires go way up under the tank.

I know it has the USB port, so can I just load the file from my laptop? Do I need special software to load the map, or do I just drag and drop it into the pcIII?

Lastly, I was looking at the available barker maps on the PCIIIbob site and the only one for the pro design K&N with no quiet cores is DuneMe's. I think he is out west so im sure the elevation is a lot higher. If that tune was made at 5,000 feet it will probably be pretty lean for me at 900 feet... Anybody know if one of the other maps on there was from someone at a lower elevation? Even if one of the tinity intake ones was made at a lower elevation I would assume that would be better for me.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Mike
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

RaptorRandy

You will need the cable for the PCIII and then you can load any map you want to, once you have the PCIII software on your laptop. You can download it off the power commander site.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/powercommander_general_downloads.aspx

There are also tutorials that tell you how to set the TP sensor, which should be done anytime you load a new map IMHO.

Good luck with it,

Randy

Krandall

for maps, your best bet may be to just try them. I might suggest trying one of the 2 w/ the trinity intakes.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

powder coater

Your best bet would be to get it Dyno tuned. With these maps you could be lean in one spot and rich in another. I have only met a couple of people Raptor Randy being one of them that could tune FI by just feel.
Jason for Presedent !

zebradog

I agree with Randy and Powdercoater.

That site Randy posted will teach you everything you need to know about the PCIII.  Do you have the USB cable?  Do you have the 9v battery adapter?  If not, call DynoJet and they will send you one for like $15.

I also agree with Paul in that the only way to get a true map is through a Dyno Tune, or Randy "Jedi" tuning it! :lol:

If I was you, I'd get a computer, hook it up, and click Get Map and see what you already have.  I ran my Barkers with a Trinity intake for a year and a half on Tim Barker's Map for the Pro Design, and it ran better than any other map on Krandall's PCIII site I found.; I run at sea level.  You can get the map by calling Barker's Exhaust and having them email it to you, or I can send it to you if you PM me your email address.

Good Luck

Z

r00st

Ya that would be very helpful! Rc_quad@msn.com

So should I run lid off with the barkers map?

So I can just use any old regular USB cable right? (its not a powered USB or something special I need to buy?) I have tons of those cables laying around (just the standard ones). And I wont need the 9 volt power up adaptor if I just use my laptop and leave the pcIII Connected to the bike, right?

Sorry for all the noob questions! I just want to make sure I get it right. I am used to jetting a quad, not finding maps for it!!

Alright so I will install the barker map with the bike off but the ignition turned on. Once that is done I will run it for a little bit to get it warmed up and bring it back and let it idle for a minute or so...then recconnect and reset the Closed TPS settings... And only set the Open if the throttle percent is off by more than 5%

Does all this sound right? Thanks for all the help!!!!!
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

RaptorRandy

Scroll down to the bottom...below the tutorials  and you will see the software download