after market exhaust question

Started by corsasri, July 29, 2008, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsasri

hello i have a question for all yamaha raptor 700 owners with aftermarket exhausts fitted.
i have a scorpion exhaust fitted to my raptor and am having problems where the front pipes join the Y part. its blowing and is held togeather by two springs, one on each pipe. was thinking of getting a mate to weld the pipes to the other section. but dont know if i will be able to refit the headers back on to the head. so do you have a after market front pipe with the front pipes in a fixed or welded possition. i have included a pic of where im talking about. in the box is where i want welding

is do you have an after martet exhaust with both the front pipes welded in possision

Krandall

my HMF header pipe was just like that. I ended up having to go to our local hardware store. to buy new tighter springs.

After so many hours especially w/ the heat, they stretch. and stay streched (loose) so they have to be replaced.

Id suggest against the welding of the pipe. because when it comes time to take it off. you're pretty much screwed. :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once