How much does a GYTR pipe affect it w/o a fuel commander?

Started by Livingmylife93, July 16, 2008, 08:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: RaptorRandy on July 20, 2008, 09:04:25 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on July 20, 2008, 12:16:07 PM
Quote from: RaptorRandy on July 20, 2008, 11:34:54 AM
Quote from: preddy08 on July 20, 2008, 10:50:17 AM
Quote from: 1FST690 on July 20, 2008, 09:50:58 AM
one thing to remember is  elevation will play a role in air/fuel ratio

Really, then why do so many argue that the rappy will adjust its self for that? (I'm on your side :thumbs:)

The 700R's EFI system with it's air temp & air pressure sensor's can only adjust so much....that's why so many people have no problems with a good tune running fine from sea level to around 7000' After that it simply can not compensate. To expect that would take a more sophisticated system with a mass air flow sensor and an O2 Sensor etc.etc.

Randy

I would say up to 12K Randy, I got Plug chops that confirm  :thumbs: 

I've run the same map in North Central WI (Wausau area) @ 1,200 ft as I am in the mountains around Beuno Vista, CO (12K).

Aaron

There are exceptions to every rule Aaron....I think 12K would be about the absolute limit for the 700R's EFI system.
Is your map at all lean at Sea level or your normal riding alltitude?

I took chops after 2 hours riding in WI on a fresh plug, and it matched my plug I ride with in the mountains.

FYI, I just recieved confirmation that Natural Raptor (matt) is also very happy running the same map as I am.  So Now Shawnz in southern AZ, Natural Raptor in San Antonio, Texas.  and Myself are all running the same map very successfully.

Not to mention, that you helped recreate this map, so I can throw RaptorRandy in Oregon to the list.

Aaron