This is a Hero

Started by Colorado700R, July 10, 2008, 02:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

I really don't give a shit if you're for or against the war in Iraq, this thread is about respect. PERIOD!!

Medal of Honor

This says it all.

PO2 (EOD2) Mike Monsoor, a Navy EOD Technician, was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor posthumously for jumping on a grenade in Iraq, giving his life to save his fellow Seals.

During Mike Monsoor's funeral in San Diego, as his coffin was being moved from the hearse to the grave site at Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery, SEALs were lined up on both sides of the pallbearers route forming a column of two's, with the coffin moving up the center.  As Mike's coffin passed, each SEAL, having removed his gold Trident from his uniform, slapped it down embedding the Trident in the wooden coffin.

The slaps were audible from across the cemetery; by the time the coffin arrived grave side, it looked as though it had a gold inlay from all the Tridents pinned to it.  This was a fitting send-off for a warrior hero.

This should be front-page news instead of the crap we see everyday.

Since the media won't make this news, I choose to make it news by forwarding it onto you guys. I am damn proud of our military.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Colorado700R

Another  :thumbs:

[attachment deleted by admin]

socalrappy700

Speechless....simply speechless.

I read about it here but I didn't get to see the pics. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

"This should be front-page news instead of the crap we see everyday."

agreed, 100 percent. I enjoy hearing stories of bravery as opposed to the constant stream of unfortunate war casualty stories you see everyday.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

I remember hearing about a marine jumping on a nade to save his squad, I'm guessing this is him...

A fine soldier indeed.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

kyledvor61

Glad to see there are still such thing as hereos around :thumbs:

Colorado700R

Right before I got out of the USMC, there was a Recon team aboard a heilcopter that got it's wheels (CH-46) caught in a cargo net during a ship assault exercise. 

The Helicopter spiraled and crashed upside down in the ocean.  The Senior man on the team, a Gunnery Seargent (E-7) freed himself from the quickly sinking aircraft and swam to the surface.  Upon reaching the surface, he realised that the rest of his team was still trapped inside the completely submerged helo, and was sinking fast.  He made dive after dive rescuing his teamates (six in total) and pulling them to the surface.  On his seventh dive, he did not return, as it was estimated that the aircraft was beyond 80ft down at that point.

He saved six of his teamates lives before losing his own.

Because This was not combat related, the Gunnery Seargent could not be awarded The MOH, Navy Cross, Silver or Bronze Star.  IMO, this man deserved the highest honor this country can bestow for sacraficing himself for his team.  I believe he was awarded the "Hero's" medal, and the Distinguished Service medal.  Not nearly enough, but then again, to me there will never be enough accolades, awards, and honors bestowed upon those who truly deserve it.

Aaron

FoundArealQuad

DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

kyledvor61

Warren

i am damn proud of our men and women doing what they do in the military. thats bullshit that the guy in that second story with the sinking chopper didn't get anything. 
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

700rSE

hearing this makes you proud, instead of hearing about britney spears or some other drugged POS.
makes you question peoples values and what has happend to all out of the people in our continent(north america)

ThisGuyAlex

what a bunch of crap......you see a cat stuck in a tree or some robbery or other all the time but something like this never makes it out.....that's a good man.......wish we had people like that in my old unit....
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock