Any tips on installing the ESR temp gauge?

Started by zx10r203, October 16, 2008, 10:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zx10r203

I am be ordering an ESR temp gauge from TQS  :thumbs: tomorrow and just wanted to know if there is anything I need to know before installing or during the install??

Any particular place? Position?

Also what antifreeze should I replenish with??

RaptorRandy

This is where I mounted my ESR temp gauge....it's a pretty straight foward simple install. As far as coolant goes, I like Engine Ice by cycle logic....it avalable from Rocky Mt. ATV. Some love it some say they don't think it helps reduce temps so that's pretty much a decsion you have to make for yourself after doing some re search.  I can tell you it lowered my temps a good 10 deg when I switched to it way back when my bike was just a 3 mod.....I've run it ever since and continue to run it in my 780 stroker motor  :thumbs:

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

jwraptor

I installed mine on the bottom line does that matter.

RaptorRandy

On the bottom line it's reading the temp of the coolant as it leaves the rad so it will show a lower temp than it will if it's in the upper hose measuring the temp of the coolant as it leaves the head which would be more accurate  IMHO.

Randy

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

kyledvor61

+1 i just looked at that one today and i think im gonna get it

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

kyledvor61

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on October 17, 2008, 09:10:37 PM
Sure, but the bling factor goes up. :satan:
i think im gonna mount it under my flexxs atop my stem, or put my kill switch there and gauge in place of that

zx10r203

Quote from: kyledvor61 on October 17, 2008, 09:15:45 PM
Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on October 17, 2008, 09:10:37 PM
Sure, but the bling factor goes up. :satan:
i think im gonna mount it under my flexxs atop my stem, or put my kill switch there and gauge in place of that

Not a bad idea!!