Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: What did you do with your 660 today?  (Read 3042 times)

Offline P.I.M.P.

• Street Cred: 0
What did you do with your 660 today?
« on: April 19, 2009, 10:04:16 PM »
I guess there isn't a thread for us 660 guys on what we did with our 660's so here it is. I found a intake spacer online here for $10 but by the time I had called someone else bought it. So, I ended up looking some more and found another for $20 so i went and picked it up Sat. and installed it today. I checked out the RF and found a thread about porting the rubber boots that go to the head and decided to take it on. It took all day but it probably could have taken just a few hours, but between changin ipod songs, cleaning the filter and a few other things (drinking) that didn't really have to do with the intake it could have been done much quicker. Anyhow, I probably would have never done this today or if ever if I hadn't got the bug with the $10 spacer and then the reading of the boot port. So, I finally got it done and I haven't really been able to "test" it the way I'd like. I got to run it up and down me street a few times but didn't want the neighbors callin the cops like they normally do for things like that. It seemed to like it! The throttle seemed a little crisper and it felt like it pulled a little more in the high end, but really didn't get to open it up all the way. I'll get back here when I get to test it the way I really want to.

Offline P.I.M.P.

Re: What did you do with your 660 today?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 02:05:31 AM »
So went out and got a helmet cam today. I went out to try the new camera and the port job on the rubber boots. I think both went pretty well and can't complain. I put up a vid on youtube but they said that one of my songs was a copyright infringement so after all the time loading and not using the music I wanted, I decided to change it up. The first song wasn't the original but think you might still like it. After messin with the editing for two hours or so (putting my editing software on the new computer) and loading to youtube and having them deny me I just threw something together real quick so I know it's not the best music but hey at least it has some. So check it out. Anybody know how to get the vid to look better on the tube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ocxkkdxgQ&feature=channel_page

Offline kdanderson5

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:02:10 AM »
What kind of camera did you get? I am looking at the gopro hero motosports camera, just need to save up a little to get it. The day I was going to order it actually, I cart wheeled my quad so I had to get new handlebars and still need a new a-arm. Got to get it up and going again before it is worth getting a camera!

Your camera looks like it has an awesome video quality! It is not jumpy and shit like I have seen on some of them. Also, that looks like a f'in sweet place to ride dude!

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 10:46:19 AM »
That place looks AWESOME to ride!!!!!!

the camera looks like a solid buy too, pretty good quality.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline P.I.M.P.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »
I got the GoPro Hero. It was a little cheaper than the Vhold and it's waterproof! The image quality looks a little better on my computer than it does on youtube. I've only had it since yesterday and haven't checked out all the features on it yet so it might just be the way I'm loading it or my software. I was kinda hesitant because it's a little bulkier looking than the others but it ended up being great. The sound quality can be changed on it as well and even for being in the case it sounded better than I had expected. Being able to take it rafting with me though was the best selling point.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 06:33:41 PM »

well.... I missed it a little. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline kdanderson5

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 06:38:22 PM »

:nod: you know you miss jetting and dealing with carbs peels!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »

:nod: you know you miss jetting and dealing with carbs peels!

I miss the cheapness of it :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 01:00:22 PM »
you haven't spent sh*t on your 700 so :sit:

:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 01:32:46 PM »
you haven't spent sh*t on your 700 so :sit:

:lol:

and why is that?......hmmmm....because it isn't cheap!!! Douche!  No longer a simple remove the lid and re-jet business. Fuel mixture is now a larger chunk of the cost of mods, instead of $5 on new jets :lol:

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 05:14:10 PM »
Returned some air filters and pre-chargers to K&N because I shouldn't listen to the recommendations of others, I should have learned that lesson already for the last time I bought filters. 

Thought about it...missed it...etc.

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 02:05:43 PM »
Well two days ago I put the top end together and took it all back apart, just for fun!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 02:23:34 PM »
Well two days ago I put the top end together and took it all back apart, just for fun!

sounds like a swell time.  :lol:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 10:23:16 AM »

you have to be an expert!  :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline zacharkins

• Email
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 11:17:31 AM »
i put a new bling star victory bumper on mine!

taking it back off to powdercoat it black thogh.   
advice...  i bought it off ebay brand new $60 plus $15 dollars shipping and i dont feel that bling star makes the highest quality stuff.   hear me out
i had to "massage"   the posts that hold it to the frame because they werent aligned with each other and my frame (which is definetly not bent)and the finish not that it matters cause im gonna strip it anyhow  was pretty shitty and slightly "water stained"   for lack of a better word.  it also did not have the bling star logo on it except the star in the middle,     
on the other hand i do like how it looks and like i said i was going to powder coat it no matter what so should i leave feedback about it or just leave it alone.   i dont want a bad buyer rating ya know..

maybe the company i bought it from said it was new and sent me a used one.....