Raptor 660 Information > 660 Maintenance

Going to do a headgasket on 02 660

(1/2) > >>

ein:

Just got gasket kit in mail. Proablly going to try and do this project tomorrow! I have put many headgaskets on cars/trucks/heavy equipment  but never on a small engine. Any advice or is it about standard?? one problem i forsee is i only have 1/2 in torque wrench that only goes down to like 12 ft/lbs.... might have to find one that does in/lbs... haha  WISH ME LUCK!!  I have had this broken quad for like a year now ... lol

ein:
Officially started on the project today!! Will post up pictures tonight!

Colorado700R:
is all you are doing is the gaskets?  Depending on the amount of hours on the quad, you might think about reringing the piston.  My thoughts are that you're already right there to do it anyway.....just a thought.

Aaron

ein:
It has a used stock piston/ jug I got off eBay that is in like new condition. Bought the quad as a basket case off craigslist. It's been a project for about 8 months now. Just finally getting around to finishing it!! Got the head on and torqued down but I had to stop so I could go eat dinner with the family... Lol looking forward to Monday so I can pick up where I left off. Will post up pics when I get around a computer.

ein:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version