Raptor 660 Information > 660 Maintenance

chain

(1/2) > >>

fatboysraptor:
need some opinions on what chain to get...size...brand...and should i buy new sprockets too?
and also where to get them from?

Krandall:
They always suggest when replacing the chain to replace sprockets as well since the old sprockets would be 'trained' to the old chain. Is your swing arm stock length?

I run a D.I.D x-ring chain. I know there's o ring, x ring, and one other ring.. and i'm not totally sure the difference. But the set front and rear sprockets with chain was around $100. :thumbs:

Limited660:
If your bike is stock you will want a D.I.D. 520x92 Gold X-Ring chain, you can probably get away with just the front sprocket and flipping the rear.  The difference is the shape the ring inside the link, x looks like an x and o looks like an o, x is better because it holds grease against all three sides instead of just the corners.

disco:
I just replaced my Primary Drive sprockets and chain Saturday.  The PD chain seemed to initially stretch pretty fast to me but maybe that's all chains.  I went with a D.I.D x-ring chain and Renthal sprockets.  I don't have any time at all on it yet, maybe five minutes, so I don't know how fast the initial stretch will be.  I'm going to keep a close eye on it.

The Renthal stuff is a lot more expensive than the Primary Drive but if it's quality it's worth it to me.  I bought all my stuff from Rocky Mountain.  You can order machine specific parts (2003 660 for me) so when it comes in, it's the right size chain and all.

Krandall:
I know w/ my D.I.D chain, I noticed the stretch within about 20 mins. :thumbs:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version