Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124393 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1710 on: February 18, 2016, 06:47:44 AM »
http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

hmmm.

im in the middle here.. for this very reason, I don't put my personal BS online via my phone. or any device for that matter. unless were talking LOL stuff. if it saves 2 innocent lives... meh. unencrypt the fuk out of it.  :rofl: 

for real, not really sure... im a flip floppa'

ill admit didnt finish reading, though. I will later.

It's definitely not a "light" read but I would suggest you read it in it's entirety. This goes beyond having a photo on a website or taking a photo with your phone or texting someone something. Encryption isn't and shouldn't be something that only the government should be concerned with. Encryption is what keeps your credit card information on back end systems secure. It's what keeps your SSN's safe for your insurance policies. It's what keeps my phone number safe while it's on your phone. Exactly as Hefe said, The government is attempting to take a bite of something they can't even possibly chew. By doing something like this, there is no possible way they can guarantee that this information stays safe and outside of the hands of criminals. By doing this, they are allowing a loop-hole to be in a process that WILL be exploited. Systems like iOS and Android are exploited daily if they create a hole that circumvents the basic principal in how data is stored. We've all lost.

Peelz, You say "personally, not an issue". How can you be comfortable with someone looking at your data? Even if nothing sensitive exists on your phone?
That's like allowing anyone to just walk into your home while you are there, not talk to you, but snoop around everything. Open up all your drawers and look through everything.
As an Information Security Professional, This is something that I do not agree with in the slightest. I have absolutely nothing to hide from the government but the day we allow them to step over a line where they have authorized unfiltered access to everything I hold. That's the day that society has lost.

Google and Apple are subpoenaed daily by the government to get information regarding terrorist emails going around. Many of which are complied with. Guess what... There's still mass shootings by these crazys. Guess what... they haven't prevented shit from having so much access already.

Wanted to respond last night but didn't have time/a chance to respond properly. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1711 on: February 18, 2016, 08:20:44 AM »
hey. easy.... I finished it.

and I DO have an issue. A BIG one. completely agree with you.

I hadnt finished... and I just meant, sneaking into my phone and seeing muh private shit, like you mentioned.  :rofl: im just not TRYING to hide things.

but seriously. We all know, the government can look into stuff whenever they want, and IM sure they do, but not completely un-policed. I'm totally NOT cool with just being handed the master keys. Tried to explain it to the wife, she was like.. "ummm..well, might as well just let apple(or other mobile company) go out of business, then"

Now, lets say I get marked for surveillance because of my penchant for nazi memes.... they contact apple, apple complies, theres a record of it...  fine. lol. but just any random govt fuk-nut looking at my phone any time they want.

no way jose.

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1712 on: February 18, 2016, 09:13:32 AM »
penchant for nazi memes....

OMFG

only here!!

seems like Phucker has stolen Randy's username!
(not that I don't agree.. cause I do)
just seems weird to hear Randy go all conspiracy theory!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1713 on: February 18, 2016, 09:53:33 AM »
penchant for nazi memes....

OMFG

only here!!

seems like Phucker has stolen Randy's username!
(not that I don't agree.. cause I do)
just seems weird to hear Randy go all conspiracy theory!

LOL i thought that today. chatted with him on FB briefly about...putting on mah tinfoil hat. :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1714 on: February 18, 2016, 10:37:13 AM »
How is that conspiracy theory?
As a person who has to follow many laws put in place by federal regulation to keep peoples information safe. This just seems completely backwards. I feel that they throw in the word "terrorism" to make people get all "Merika" on this. It's almost a fear tactic. People all of a sudden are like.. "oh wait... terrorists? YEA. FERK TERRORISTS. LETS GIVE THE GOV'T ACCESS TO OUR SHIT BECAUSE FUK TERRORISTS"
We have a specific Information Protection Policy at work that states "Limit access to Company information based on business need". There's nothing wrong with Apple saying the exact same thing. Allow the federal government access. But it's a case by case basis and based on a business need.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1715 on: February 18, 2016, 10:51:56 AM »
How is that conspiracy theory?
As a person who has to follow many laws put in place by federal regulation to keep peoples information safe. This just seems completely backwards. I feel that they throw in the word "terrorism" to make people get all "Merika" on this. It's almost a fear tactic. People all of a sudden are like.. "oh wait... terrorists? YEA. FERK TERRORISTS. LETS GIVE THE GOV'T ACCESS TO OUR SHIT BECAUSE FUK TERRORISTS"
We have a specific Information Protection Policy at work that states "Limit access to Company information based on business need". There's nothing wrong with Apple saying the exact same thing. Allow the federal government access. But it's a case by case basis and based on a business need.

THAT!!!!!!!! and not just this topic.   :thumbs: fukin politicians right meow. Republicans mostly, but not limited to them totally... basic message. "you will all die from terrorism or mexicans will rape you in your b-holes if you vote democrat or don't pick one of us"

GET THE F**K OUT YOU SUCK, ALL OF YOU, END OF STORY.

oops sorry, slight rant there. feel better now though lol have a nice afternoon  :rofl:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1716 on: February 19, 2016, 08:58:12 AM »
I haven't been following the political shit.. and probably won't

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1717 on: February 19, 2016, 12:10:54 PM »
I haven't been following the political shit.. and probably won't

how do you NOT? its in muh fukin face 24-7 even without FB, which I mostly scroll through. and look at what site is being referenced. its 99% a left or right wing biased site, even in the name, and STILL people post it as "NEWS"

:confused:  lol

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1718 on: February 22, 2016, 09:20:47 AM »
my TV is streamed, my homepage is google, and my radio is streamed...

NO CURRENT EVENTS

this thread is where I find out about shit

pretty sure this is where I found out about the Boston bombing (5 days after)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1719 on: February 22, 2016, 11:56:13 AM »
my TV is streamed, my homepage is google, and my radio is streamed...

NO CURRENT EVENTS

this thread is where I find out about shit

pretty sure this is where I found out about the Boston bombing (5 days after)

ah. yeah. I still like to watch live tv on occasion. got the new apple tv though. diggin it, pretty close to shutting the satellite off i think. well see.

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1720 on: February 23, 2016, 09:08:25 AM »
between Netflix, Hulu and (not that I ever watch it) antenna.. we don't pay for DirecTV anymore

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1721 on: February 23, 2016, 11:51:45 AM »
between Netflix, Hulu and (not that I ever watch it) antenna.. we don't pay for DirecTV anymore

need to look into it more. we have the same thing. netflix, hulu... have an abc subscription that's like 2 bucks, just watch all the shows a day later, who really cares... get hit with ads anyways. I even found some full movies on youtube lol. really, we have so many ways to entertain ourselves, my brain cant handle them all anyways.

have you messed with the new apple tv yet? pretty slick.

i think this summer when its time to gtfo da house, I'll let DTV die, see if we even notice or care.  :thumbs: its expensive...

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1722 on: February 23, 2016, 12:14:07 PM »
we have a previous model AppleTV

it's cool
my smart TV does what we need though and the AppleTV sits in the boy's room on his TV

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1723 on: February 23, 2016, 01:57:54 PM »
we have a previous model AppleTV

it's cool
my smart TV does what we need though and the AppleTV sits in the boy's room on his TV

cool.  :thumbs: we have a "smart" tv too. but the apple does so much, I never use the tv's features anymore. the NEW apple has games and shit even. ultimate laziness. pretty brilliant actually. choosing your own apps is really the winner on that.

have a smart blu-ray player too. but i'm pretty much over that now. since new Xberx does blu-ray... I know I can stream a shitload of "cable tv" through xbox too. so....

talked with Nichole about it at lunch, were ditching direct tv by spring ;)  think we pay a total of like 30 bucks for all streaming services. pretty sure Direct tv is like quadruple that. :meh:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1724 on: February 23, 2016, 04:01:50 PM »
these cable/satellite companies better get their shit in gear soon