Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124397 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1680 on: December 04, 2015, 09:01:04 AM »
It is, indeed.

:thumbs:

being an asshole is not race, party, or religion specific   :)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1681 on: December 04, 2015, 09:07:19 AM »
Randy..that's dead nuts on! NOICE

yeah I'm not totally on board with gun free zones either.  I mean. hospital... yeah. but there should be guards.

I'm not (in theory) opposed to this either... but there is a huge problem with this..

I'm a bad guy, and I'm gonna shoot up some people... so I walk up to a Hospital or Daycare.. or Mall... and there is a sign on the door saying "NO GUNS" .. am I just gonna go away because it's against the law to carry a gun in there....?
NO.. that's ludicrous, I'm a bad guy... there to break the law.. I don't give 2 shits about a sign... odds are that I'm not allowed to carry a gun concealed anyway, so I am already breaking the law
in fact.. if I'm smart I will soon realize there are likely LESS guns in that building, therefore I will have greater success.

Bad people don't abide by laws... only law abiding people do

I guess a guard with metal detectors at every entrance would stop that...
but who wants that in our schools and hospitals?

so.. yea...
lets put signs on the door that say "NO GUNS"
that will stop bad guys...
:facepalm:

I don't presume to know the solution to any of this..
but I think Peels is the closest I ever seen to determining the cause..
"my kid is perfect" ... bullshit lady.. your kid is a shitbag that will once kill a bunch of people at a school... fix that now!

you know.. the hospital thing.. really makes no sense..
my state trusts me to carry my pistol most anywhere..
why not a hospital?
am I more likely to lose my mind and kill someone THERE.. than somewhere else?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1682 on: December 04, 2015, 01:03:14 PM »
no reason. just makes me sad to think I'm not even safe there.  if youre in a hospital, youre already dealin with shit LOL

the more ive thought of this gun free thing....

meh.  Really I disagree with even actually needing them.. doesn't bother me that they exist. But i think were better suited to NOT have them.

now, if a certain place WANTS to have that... and then gun nuts don't go there. (the buffalo wild wings viral pic) that's double dumb. but whatever floats your boat.....   

and I thought harder about what I said "limiting" guns. My choice of words..not good. I think, it would be feasible, to put a cap on how many you can BUY. not HAVE. IT's not like I wanna come get em. BUT. Still make it possible. like special license or whatever to enthusiasts that deserve it. will this help NOW? no. but over time.... less guns overall, and most of them with the people that really should have them.

Anyhoo, i just think we need stop MAKING more and more of them, there's already enough to go round. that's PART of the long term solution. That's my final thought..... not a perfect one. just how I see it. its WAY too easy to get them because there ARE too many already.

:)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1683 on: December 04, 2015, 02:22:02 PM »
I guess I can see how a sign could make someone FEEL like they are safer...
but in reality.. that just stops honest people
and many would argue that you are much LESS safe in a "gun free" zone
and there are many stats that show that to be true

I agree that if a business doesn't want me to carry there, that's cool

again.. we can go back and forth on what theory would work best..

but I would argue, that we have enough 4 wheelers, or boats, or motorcycles...
it would CERTAINLY be safer if we had less of those..
if there were no boats, there would be no more boating accidents..
or limit each family to just ONE boat
well.. what if you want 2?

lets restrict Game consoles
we have enough, and many experts believe that it is destroying our youth..
(of course I don't believe this)
its the same thing
just cause some shitbag parents dump their kids in front of the Xbox, doesn't mean the Pealer family shouldn't get a new one for x-mas
they can be a fun, family based pastime

we keep making Guns, for the same reason we keep making Cars, or bikes, or 4 wheelers
we are a consumer driven society, we like to own STUFF..
we buy bigger TV's, and fancier cars.. cause it's the Merican' way
and owning 12 guns is no different, merica... ferk yea
I like my "nice" guns... I like my old beat up ones too
they put a smile on my face

Punishing (or restricting) the Majority, to try and curb the minority from doing something wrong is a poor way to try and go about it
there are already laws in place that say if a bad guy gets my gun and does harm with it, I can be held responsible for his actions ( if I didn't take proper precautions to secure it)

I honestly believe that proper punishment is key

don't make them famous, just lock them up until their trial, and the appeal for this type of fame won't be so desirable to those mentally unstable individuals

make all the laws you want..
bad people will still be able to get the tools they need to commit the crimes

now..
if Impaired driving had a MANDITORY sentence of say... 1 year in prison.. do not pass go... ZERO Tolerance... no work release... no "good behavior" ... jail.. 1 year!
what impact would that have on YOU when thinking about getting behind the wheel after drinking?

I bet it would change...

how about this..
Possess a gun in a crime .. mandatory 5 years
SHOW a gun in a crime ... 10 years
USE a gun in a crime LIFE

I bet THAT would have a nice impact on (I HATE THIS TERM)... "" gun violence
(like somehow a gun can be violent)
such a bullshit and biased term for some shitbag shooting people

Peels..
I respect you for your ability to discuss this rationally and to not take it personal !
and ... your sweet sweet ass... I respect that too!

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1684 on: December 04, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »
one more thing..

we are restricted to carry at large sporting events..
that one I can rationalize a little bit..

some people take sports pretty seriously
I could see some shitty things happening.. I guess..

not me... but some people...

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1685 on: December 04, 2015, 04:13:58 PM »
I agree sir, it is nice to talk. thats how we learn. And if I were just to sit here and spout off, and not listen, well then id be a huge hypocrite, as that is what I see as the complete problem in the world  "you are wrong, and Im not going to listen to you-sticks fingers in ears- blahblahblah" that's what government does now. and most religions. Also, It is difficult to discuss this locally, because the majority of folks here are those nuts id like to avoid. and dont even try on Facebook. that website must have an IQ remover installed in it.

fyi, it got way to wordy. I Bolded the only points im trying to make.

ok.. so fair enough. I totally see your point. at the end of the day, While I DO think a modicum of scrutiny on the HUGENESS of the gun market is needed, I DO NOT think "gun control" as one might say is going to help. It is far too late for that. Neither is taking guns away from owners. also, gun free zones.. yeah i don't think that does squat. Any and all arguments iv'e ever had for it... are just because i think it sucks ass we even have to talk about that.

I think our difference here at the core.... is that you have tons of experience with weapons. So, you don't distinguish between them and boats. a weapon is just a tool/toy to you.

Well, I have very little experience in comparison to yours.. therefore, I see the two as VERY VERY different things. tools/toys VS. weapons
  for instance, When boats get into the wrong hands, they crash or sink and kill a few people(who, I might add, have also weighed this same danger and also entered the roadway, or water or whatever). when you drive, you expect that there could be a crash.  weapons, innocent people die, not having weighed this danger, without expecting it. and there are limits. you have to be registered for ALL of them in order to own/use them.   

Now, lets use consoles to demonstrate how i see this difference. OK, so now, there are more guns in america than people. lets say all those guns were consoles instead. LOL  would we be having this discussion? I think not. if a guy(terrorist) is planning on wreaking havoc, he does not load his panel van with playstations, game boys and segas. :rofl: to you... again, you don't see a gun as any different than that Sega. to you, it is a tool and toy. to me, it is a weapon to be used to kill for food, or kill in last resort if some douche comes in my house. none of the other things we compare to are DESIGNED to kill. that is the fundamental difference. none of these other things give the user a feeling of power. (again, not to you)

I know of no other device invented in order to end life that we can relate them to. short of electric chairs, and chemicals. well huge military weapons too.

I totally get it. this IS america.  You should be free to do whatever the fuk. but all i'd like, is for gun folks to understand this opposing ideal as well. But they don't, because they construe it as a violation of rights, and shut down. again, I own a gun. I just don't see a need for 100 guns. Certainly don't see being able to buy 100 guns as a right. imagine if they DID ease the flow of new guns. imagine what ours would be worth. :lol: also, I do not want to be put in the camp of uber-liberal get rid of guns people (i have a cousin like this- so annoying, as much as the nuts lol)

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2015/10/number_of_guns1.png&w=1484

I go back and forth on the buying "newer,bigger,better" these days. if it works, it works. Ive sho many guns, thery all go bang and explode things when they hit. I rarely go buy things just because I can, unless they offer something different. I don't like how much we destroy things as a society just for that purpose. at some point, it will bite humans in the ass. (assuming yellowstone or an asteroid hasnt done so already)

the SE2 was the last time I did that. Honestly...As much as I loved that thing and how sexy it was. Looking back, I just pissed away money based on how little it got used, and it didnt do much more than the ol 660. should have kept it lol.  wife keeps telling me to get a new truck or bike. and i'm like... "new ones don't really do anything mine dont" save some money for a change. :rofl: trying to spend money on experiences, not STUFF.  :thumbs:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1686 on: December 04, 2015, 04:20:08 PM »
I will add. totally in agreement on crimes being unpunished. as well as no publicity for the extremist murderers :thumbs: that goes right there with my theory of letting people be assholes. whether that be raising them wrong, or having no consequences for their actions.

:)

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #1687 on: December 04, 2015, 08:02:20 PM »
The populace is consumed by fear, a collection of fears exacerbated and heightened by those who have something to gain from it as the NRA collects record surpluses and the gun industry sees the best market in modern history.  Conservatives shout about their rights from the rooftops, liberals scream literal bloody murder, and meanwhile nothing gets done because it's far more profitable for both sides to campaign on these problems than come together to discover what to do about them.  Those who try and find solutions are doomed; conservatives to political suicide and liberals to vague half-measures that have little hope of identifying or solving the root cause.

We, the forum, just like the nation, have had these conversations on a regular basis as these shootings have occurred.  During the aftermath of one of the last ones I posted an article, I believe in the shoutbox, that called these things part of our collective routine and that we should stop acting outraged because we've proven we don't really care or have any intention of doing anything about them.  It would appear as though the President has come to the same realization.  Let's just hope none of it ever happens to someone we know and love because I don't think we could handle it when we found out no one else really cared.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1688 on: December 07, 2015, 08:16:54 AM »
The populace is consumed by fear, a collection of fears exacerbated and heightened by those who have something to gain from it as the NRA collects record surpluses and the gun industry sees the best market in modern history.  Conservatives shout about their rights from the rooftops, liberals scream literal bloody murder, and meanwhile nothing gets done because it's far more profitable for both sides to campaign on these problems than come together to discover what to do about them.  Those who try and find solutions are doomed; conservatives to political suicide and liberals to vague half-measures that have little hope of identifying or solving the root cause.

We, the forum, just like the nation, have had these conversations on a regular basis as these shootings have occurred.  During the aftermath of one of the last ones I posted an article, I believe in the shoutbox, that called these things part of our collective routine and that we should stop acting outraged because we've proven we don't really care or have any intention of doing anything about them.  It would appear as though the President has come to the same realization.  Let's just hope none of it ever happens to someone we know and love because I don't think we could handle it when we found out no one else really cared.

takes a true narcissist to quote himself to prove a point. #jettingisamod

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

baseless insults aside. that quote is how i feel.  :thumbs: well said M-Dizzle

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1689 on: December 07, 2015, 08:59:17 AM »
:clap:

MD .. that is perfect!

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1690 on: December 07, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
now... lets talk about something even MORE important!

Vagina Dye!

http://www.amazon.com/My-New-Pink-Button-Bettie/dp/B002P0ST1K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1691 on: December 07, 2015, 09:05:08 AM »

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1692 on: December 07, 2015, 09:48:27 AM »
does it work on wrinkly old Balls?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1693 on: December 07, 2015, 10:20:13 AM »
well certainly find out. :thumbs:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once