Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124393 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1665 on: December 03, 2015, 11:01:47 AM »
I agree with you to some point peels..........but If guns to law abiding citizens were limited or outlawed completely we would just be easier targets to people like this because these type of people do not follow the laws and there is other ways to get guns.

just look at mexico, Guns are illegal there, only law enforcement can have them............so the crooks there get them from somewhere else.

totally i agree. 

but.

MORE guns is absolutely NOT the answer. All I'm saying is.... do we need to keep MAKING more when there are so many? thats the problem that I actually think is too late to solve. :( we let it happen Personally, I DO NOT want every tom dick and harry to be packing a pistol. You know just  itching to use it to prove their facebook meme to be truth lol

I'm way more scared of being killed by a "not quite all there" gun nut who has used proper channels to procure his permit, than I am of any criminals. or terrorists.

mexico sounds delightful, when are we going.  :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1666 on: December 03, 2015, 11:37:29 AM »
I agree with you Peels.. to SOME extent

not that we need "less guns" .. but the extreme on both sides are embarrassing themselves

if your first reaction is to clutch your guns in fear of someone taking them from you.. yea.. that makes you look like a crazy whacko
but on the other hand if your first reaction is to say "we need to abolish all firearms" then that makes you look like a damn moron
adding more laws doesn't work.. it never has and never will
maybe enforcing the zillions we have would be a good thing
look at Chicago (IL is a gun free state) how about LA (CA has strict firearm laws)

[sarcasm]how about we make a law that says its not legal to shoot 14 people in California .. maybe that will stop people from doing that
wait.. that might already be illegal [/sarcasm]

in reality.. how bout this..
if you shoot someone, the media will not make you famous, they will only refer to you as "the piece of shit"
your name will never be released... you will just be "the piece of shit" who shot some people

I'm not sure of the actual number Peels, but crimes committed with lawfully obtained guns are pretty low

more guns is not the problem
GUNS is not the problem..
its the crazy fuckers seeking fame
more prisons would be pretty cool
like Alcatraz.. that place is terrifying!
it was awesome to visit.. but I made damn sure my ass was on that boat to go home!!

lets just outlaw Alcohol .. (and cars too)
there are WAY more alcohol related fatalities every day/week/month/year than "" gun violence EVER!
back to prohibition we go!
(Nearly 88,000 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women10) die from alcohol-related causes annually)

Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 51 minutes.  The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $59 billion.

how about Boating... and swimming...
Pools and boats kill more people..
Matches and lighters too
how about motorcycle fatalities?
maybe we should outlaw bikes

side bar...
while the federal govt is trying to make it harder to buy guns, My State just put in an express line :woot:
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/12/legislation_does_away_with_gun.html

and yes.. I just got 2 new guns this week
little .22 for the wife and an even smaller .17 for myself (just little target rifles, not evil "people killing" pistols)
that .17 is a hoot to shoot.. basically a pellet gun that's accurate at a couple hundred yards

summary..
it's my firm belief that the tool used to commit crimes in irrelevant, and that the criminal needs to be treated like the piece of shit they are, AND if they procure this tool in an unlawful way, then the person who helped them should be punished as an accessory to murder.
if it was gotten thru the proper channels, then we need to figure out how the current laws can be better enforced and stop that from happening again.

Target shooting is something we do together, and as a family. we truly enjoy it, and we are safe about it..
just as the Peels family boats safely... the hefe family shoots safely..
hitting a tiny little target 100 yds away is VERY satisfying and it makes me proud to help my wife or my niece/nephew accomplish that goal too.

no one will ever convince me to blame guns, or cars, or Booze, or pools, or motorcycles... etc for the deaths when it is the douchbag with no ethics or morals committing that crime who should bear 100% of the blame

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1667 on: December 03, 2015, 01:06:28 PM »
yeah. i agree except for your examples. I nver got in my boat bike or car and thought how much Id like to kill something. I HAVE grabbed a gun and thought about that(not a human) ever so briefly. While the gun is a tool, it is a powerful one that should carry extra responsibility. I have a very different perspective. BIG eye opener moving to iowa from silicon valley. friend pulls 22 out from under his seat. shoots some birds. puts it back. Im like... "did we just drive into vietnam?" :lol:

I am totally down with the "piece of $hit" deal.  :thumbs: WAY too much publicity for these a-holes.

i'm NEVER gonna say abolish firearms.  :thumbs: NEVER. i'm just saying. be reasonable, (which you are)  if you have 50 guns, and someone society says you should only have 25. i shall shed no tears. 

i cannot argue against your alcohol statement. I love drinking beer.... and whiskey... But. if it were me, i'd legalize pot, and make liquor more difficult to get. lol serious. they should be flipflopped BUT-alcohol is an even bigger part of our American culture than guns. ain gon happen.

the real problem. but we wont deal with.... the most dangerous weapon. and its easier to get than anything... not guns, not cars, not booze...  its gettin laid. :rofl: hear me out...

"we"  keep failing to give our kids socially responsible values. we tell them "go get you yours, fuk everyone else" then they go out, find out you cant always do that, and impregnate/get pregnant, have unwanted, unloved, un-raised babies with no compassion....or raised with extremist religious view.  and those kids grow up missing a responsibility to society, thinking "hey its all about me!" so they find a gun (not a boat or motorcycle-you jerk-lol) and the cycle continues. when I say we, I mean humanity. and that's around the world. isis, christian, whatever. if your beliefs or GERD or your success are the most important thing, and everyone who doesn't believe them is wrong, and should be ignored(or worse, killed) that's the issue. and it isn't gonna change overnight.

I say procreation should be ran like the tv show survivor. we get to vote who has babies. LOL i kid, but i'm semi-truthful. wanna give birth to the next generation? don't be an asshole. the problem will solve itself.  question is: would I have been allowed to do so? who knows?

:lol:

heffer, little story, you might enjoy. Aidan told me he was atheist. lol. hes 12. while I'm not going to say "youre wrong" I told him he was too young to make that decision withou research. And if he does make that decision, hes not allowed to be an smug asshole about it. :) exact words.  he says, "well you and mom arent religious" "truth but we arent anti religious either, were into whatever makes people feel good, as long it doesnt hurt other people, always try to think through things from someone else's persepctive before disagreeing". then, I made him watch Dogma. which i forgot how good it was. "if you come back home from college or whatever... well talk then, until then, just dont be a jerk, thats all you need to know" :)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:09:27 PM by Peels »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1668 on: December 03, 2015, 01:24:57 PM »
well... he has 100% verification that there is no Santa... but he is supposed to believe in GERD....

smart kid!!

I have NEVER grabbed my gun and "felt the urge to kill"
you may want to see someone about that :rofl:

I do however love to shoot squirrels... fluffy little rats!!
but I'd enjoy a Bow or spear to kill them just the same
just so happens my little pellet rifle (silenced) sits close to the door...
and.. yea.. it's a grin to drill those little rat bastards

Bunnies all over my yard.. for some reason I don't mind them .. they get to live

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1669 on: December 03, 2015, 01:34:26 PM »
yep different perspectives.  :thumbs: never saw a gun til i was probably 12?

another peels view changing story. 20 yers ago or so, Went out to a junk yard shooting range. Wifes friends husband. he was certifiably insane. In fact, he eventually had all his guns taken from him. lol still remember the bunny. shot one with a 22. it was hopping and twitching. I felt HORRIBLE. still do.

guy hands me ANOTHER gun. it was a 12 ga. never seen, touched used. shot, heard.... nothing...... "put it out of its misery"

BAAABLAAAAAM. scared he PISS outta me. nothing but whirling masses of bunny flesh.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

had it not been for those two incidents, Id probably be pretty much anti gun. so I can see both sides....

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1670 on: December 03, 2015, 01:48:19 PM »
yeah. i agree except for your examples. I nver got in my boat bike or car and thought how much Id like to kill something. I HAVE grabbed a gun and thought about that(not a human) ever so briefly.

IMO...
Boating/driving/motorcycling while under the influence is exactly the same as deliberately intending to go "kill someone"
in todays world we all know how dangerous it is to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence.. regardless of intent.. we all have been taught of the dangers.
and yes I realize that pointing out something worse does nothing to fix the problem at hand..
but what it does do is shed light on the bias that people have for firearms (both sides)
but since (almost) everyone drinks .. nobody wants to rock that boat
in my head, it illustrates that nobody wishes to "fix" any problem... just further their own agenda
today... 30 people will die in alcohol related incidents, yet 14 people being slaughtered by some Muslim extremists means the mighty government should take away law-abiding American Citizen's guns.. total asinine behavior by our elected officials
Terrorists invade our country and the reaction is DISARM us?
the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun (as the police demonstrated)

the big argument against what you said about restricting guns..
who picks that number?
can I have 5 guns.. or 6?
do I have to justify the purchase?
who decides if my reason is good enough?
the gun I just picked up for Starla is Pink.. should pink guns be restricted?
I will never hunt with it... should it be restricted cause I won't use it to provide for my family?
what about my AR? I have literally never shot it.. but I have it
should that be allowed?
do you see the problem here....

how about I just don't be a shitbag, and I can do what I want with my guns/car/motorcycle/table saw/screwdrivers... or any other tool I own :thumbs:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1671 on: December 03, 2015, 01:54:42 PM »
well.. pinkish/purple

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1672 on: December 03, 2015, 02:06:51 PM »
yeah. i agree except for your examples. I nver got in my boat bike or car and thought how much Id like to kill something. I HAVE grabbed a gun and thought about that(not a human) ever so briefly.

IMO...
Boating/driving/motorcycling while under the influence is exactly the same as deliberately intending to go "kill someone"
in todays world we all know how dangerous it is to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence.. regardless of intent.. we all have been taught of the dangers.
and yes I realize that pointing out something worse does nothing to fix the problem at hand..
but what it does do is shed light on the bias that people have for firearms (both sides)
but since (almost) everyone drinks .. nobody wants to rock that boat
in my head, it illustrates that nobody wishes to "fix" any problem... just further their own agenda
today... 30 people will die in alcohol related incidents, yet 14 people being slaughtered by some Muslim extremists means the mighty government should take away law-abiding American Citizen's guns.. total asinine behavior by our elected officials
Terrorists invade our country and the reaction is DISARM us?
the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun (as the police demonstrated)

the big argument against what you said about restricting guns..
who picks that number?
can I have 5 guns.. or 6?
do I have to justify the purchase?
who decides if my reason is good enough?
the gun I just picked up for Starla is Pink.. should pink guns be restricted?
I will never hunt with it... should it be restricted cause I won't use it to provide for my family?
what about my AR? I have literally never shot it.. but I have it
should that be allowed?
do you see the problem here....

how about I just don't be a shitbag, and I can do what I want with my guns/car/motorcycle/table saw/screwdrivers... or any other tool I own :thumbs:

in a perfect world, yes.

But in the real world, those "shitbags" outnumber you  :rofl:  they can get their hands on a gun just as fast as you, and they dont care.  i'm just saying car, boat, motorcycle vs guns. not the same. Built for different purposes. Now add alcohol to those any of those.. way WORSE.  agreed. 

I do see the problem, from your perspective. and its a difficult one. :shrug: i dont say if you have them you should get rid of them. Im saying, you do not need to buy more at this point. make it a high number...and have it come down slowly. give the guys time to hoard them like they did during the last mass hysteria.

that 22 is sweet!  Ruger? I cant tell the difference between brands. looks JUST like mine. except mine is just silver like that, no purple. scope too, and its stainless steel.  they need to make it in blue accent. :)

mine looks like this:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1673 on: December 03, 2015, 02:09:45 PM »
yep..
Ruger 10-22

fun little shooter

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1674 on: December 03, 2015, 02:16:30 PM »
In the end. There's too much money at stake for all parties for a law to legitimately be passed to make any change for the good or bad. Things will just be as they are and that will be that.

Problems I see from both sides.
Guns are a right and not a privilege. I don't understand that. I'm glad that I can purchase a gun. So.. Buying a gun is a right, but driving a car is a privilege? Doesn't make sense to me.
We keep making the argument also... if more poeple had guns there wouldn't be shootings. I cna tell you for a fact that's not true. Unless these people are taking classes to know how to handle themselves in a high stress situation, I don't think they are going to do much other than either A. Cower or B. shoot and either miss 8 times or shoot someone else.

Thinking that guns kill people. That all guns need to be taken away. Stricter rules in place. A person shouldn't be able to own a high capacity rifle etc.

In the end. nothing is going to be changed. People are going to be extreme on both sides. But like I said. There's too much money at stake from both sides to make any sort of changes in the end. Welcome to our new "normal".

"Muslim extremists"  They aren't all muslim. People assume if they are brown they are muslim... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:19:08 PM by Krandall »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1675 on: December 03, 2015, 02:25:28 PM »
pretty much how I feel, maybe a bit left of you.   8)

but totally agree, its too hard to work it out. so well stand on either side of our particular aisle. barking like starved dogs.

i wish I could just do that at work. be like nah, fuk that, wrong.  and walk out. and still get paid huge bank for four years+.

because, id be ALL ovah that $hit.   :rofl:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1676 on: December 03, 2015, 02:34:50 PM »
in this particular shooting, there is recent evidence that they had some big terror plot.. blah blah
thousand of rounds of ammo and explosives in their home...

we will see how it all shakes out.. who knows.. crazy fuckers none the less

as for the facts..
the facts are clear..
when the fools look for a place to shoot people up.. the more frequently choose "gun free zones" , schools, county buildings.. etc
why?
less people with guns there..
that's a fact
that kid that shot up the movie theatre with Batman playing drove past Theatres with no gun bans to choose this "gun free" theatre

go to Walmart in Mid-Michigan (or northern MN) and try to shoot it up...
no less than 30 rednecks with guns ready to foil that plan! :lol:
one can choose to believe what they want.. but the fact is.. unarmed people are easier targets
they are called "soft targets" for a reason
so the theory (from the right).. the crazy fuckers would be less likely to shoot up some place where MORE guns are present..
and there is some Stats to back that up

you are dead nuts right about the money
in fact.. that's my whole point...
nobody wants to fix shit..
just further their agenda

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1677 on: December 03, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »
yeah I'm not totally on board with gun free zones either.  I mean. hospital... yeah. but there should be guards.

anymore, especially. If I sound like I'm for them...its just bothersome to me to think we actually need them. like in my kids' schools. in churches. who take a gun to church? not sure about you but to me, that pretty much negates every single teaching Iv'e ever heard about religion lol there was a shooting in a mall nearby. Security guard got turned down by his female boss. bam bam! she gone. Kid probably taught the "everything is yours go get it" lesson.... and then it didnt ever work out. that is wrong.

like really why  is "gun free" even a thing..... well, because we've made it that way. again not "we" but "WE". but, I would concede that they don't do anything if that were to get both sides into agreement.  What would the other side concede?

really. it just makes me sad. we're past anything that can be done about what I think would help, and no government is going to fix it.... so....

pew pew pew :)

seriously, Teach your children to be part of society, not that society IS a part of them. and well all be alright. freedom is mutual, not exclusive. if you want to be free, then others get that right as well. Your kids are not little princes or princesses who deserve the world. No, they are just bipedal mammals like the rest of us, who must earn the world that they want. know your place. work harder if you don't like it. success is what you want it to be. *this is a good spot for that calvin and hobbes things randy posted years ago. which I love....

:)

drops mic. and Calcium pills. holy $hit, iv'e become my dad. :rofl: :hefe1:

and, to that last point.  Im raising little hilarious lazy bas-tards. but they wont be a drag on society. Just ME and their mother..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:11:34 PM by Peels »

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1678 on: December 03, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »
oh, and on the note of where they should go.... Montana, or idaho. wyoming, any place out there. EVERYBODY is packing.  even the mere thought of a terrorist shooting and you'd be so full of lead, you could shit pencils.

id never really thought of it. bunch chicken $hits. never really hit heavy targets...planned parenthood, a civil service office...  fish in a barrel. go try a real place to shoot up. hahaha go shoot people at a Cabelas. :)

guess I dont really get the mentality of killing a few people, either. dafuks that gonna do, except piss people off, and make them think youre crazy. lol just weird. THose Invisible men sure make people do weird things.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:21:19 PM by Peels »

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1679 on: December 04, 2015, 06:50:08 AM »
Found this today. Feel like it's pretty spot on.

Conservative logic: if the shooter is Muslim, condemn Islam for inciting violence immediately. If the shooter is white, let's wait until we get enough facts to deflect the blame on mental illness.

Liberal logic: if the shooter is Muslim, let's wait until we get more facts because not all Muslims are violent, maybe it's just "workplace violence". If the shooter is white, condemn Christianity and GOP rhetoric for inciting the violence.

Maybe we can't be too quick to make vast generalizations about populations of people based upon their race or religion following acts carried out by one or two individuals? And maybe we can't have knee jerk reactions to a tragedy that don't truly address the causes of the tragedy or stop the next tragedy. But I guess just keep believing whatever helps you further your political agenda.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once