Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124397 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1590 on: July 14, 2015, 02:00:30 PM »
Yea, I was listening to the interview this afternoon. They were saying the download speed is anywhere from 2000bits to 4000 bits/second

which translates to 250-500 bytes /second OR

a rating that more people may understand

.25-.5 KB/s

snail speed!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1591 on: July 16, 2015, 07:28:40 AM »
Yea, I was listening to the interview this afternoon. They were saying the download speed is anywhere from 2000bits to 4000 bits/second

which translates to 250-500 bytes /second OR

a rating that more people may understand

.25-.5 KB/s

snail speed!

Was just reading more on the data collected, apparently so much data has been collected that it will be sending data back to us for the next 16 months with information from Pluto alone.
Crazy!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1592 on: July 16, 2015, 08:03:21 AM »
DAMN!

so cool.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1593 on: August 05, 2015, 12:14:41 PM »

Plane debris is from missing MH370

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33794012?SThisFB

Part of the aircraft wing found on Reunion island is from the missing MH370 plane, Malaysian prime minister Najib Razak has confirmed.
Mr Razak said international experts examining the debris in France had "conclusively confirmed" it was from the aircraft.
The Malaysia Airlines plane carrying 239 people veered off course from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March 2014.
The debris was examined at an aeronautical test centre near Toulouse.
It was found on the remote Indian Ocean island of Reunion a week ago.
Mr Razak said the "the burden and uncertainty faced by the families" in the 515 days since the aircraft disappeared had been "unspeakable".

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1594 on: August 05, 2015, 12:55:12 PM »
i saw that! get some closure.

and SHUT THE DAMNED CONSPIRACY THEORISTS UP.

that plane is not an remote island somewhere with super secret passengers. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1595 on: August 07, 2015, 02:16:21 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/us-coast-guard-seizes-181-mn-cocaine-pacific-233015746.html

Los Angeles (AFP) - The US Coast Guard said it has seized $181 million worth of cocaine from a submarine-like vessel in the eastern Pacific Ocean, but even more drugs sank during the bust.

The Coast Guard seized 12,000 pounds (5,400 kilograms) of cocaine from four smugglers on a semi-submersible ship, the agency said Wednesday.

The vessel, which was first spotted about 200 miles (320 kilometers) south of Mexico, was carrying a total of 16,000 pounds of narcotics, but as the ship was being towed, it took on water and sank. Some 4,000 pounds of narcotics were lost in the process.

The seizure, which took place on July 18, was the "largest recorded semi-submersible interdiction in Coast Guard history," according to the agency.

The 40-foot (12-meter) vessel was deemed "unrecoverable" after it sank.

The Coast Guard said there have been 25 known interdictions of semi-submersible vessels in the eastern Pacific Ocean since November 2006.

"Every interception of these semi-submersibles disrupts transnational organized crime networks and helps increase security and stability in the Western Hemisphere," Vice Admiral Charles W. Ray, commander of the Pacific area, said in a statement.

Semi-submersible ships are designed for drug trafficking, and because they are mostly submerged -- often with only a cockpit and exhaust pipe visible above water -- they are particularly difficult to detect and interdict, the Coast Guard said.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1596 on: August 07, 2015, 02:31:40 PM »
"unrecoverable" as in: confiscated and sold secondhand.  :rofl:

that a LOT of Coke!

181 million.. jeesh. anyone up for diving trip?

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1597 on: August 10, 2015, 12:48:33 PM »
Saved this one for later. Excited to read it.

I'm sure you have some good opinions that you can't share with us, Aaron :lol:    :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/war-in-space-may-be-closer-than-ever/

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1598 on: August 17, 2015, 12:14:58 PM »
James Harrison rejects sons’ participation trophies, sends them back

http://sportsnaut.com/2015/08/james-harrison-rejects-sons-participation-trophies-sends-them-back/

ames Harrison has had to earn everything he has achieved as an NFL linebacker, and he wasn’t keen on his sons receiving participation trophies, so he sent them back.

Harrison posted a picture on Facebook of the two trophies he sons brought home with a scathing caption underneath.

“I came home to find out that my boys received two trophies for nothing, participation trophies! While I am very proud of my boys for everything they do and will encourage them till the day I die, these trophies will be given back until they EARN a real trophy. I’m sorry I’m not sorry for believing that everything in life should be earned and I’m not about to raise to boys to be men by making them believe that they are entitled to something just because they tried their best…cause sometimes your best is not enough, and that should drive you to want to do better…not cry and whine until somebody gives you something to shut u up and keep you happy. #harrisonfamilyvalues“

Harrison entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2002 and ended up getting cut more than once before finally bursting onto the scene as a playmaker for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2007. That was the first year he earned a permanent starting role, and as we know, he made the most of his opportunity.

He has since made it to five Pro Bowls and was named to the NFL’s First-Team All-Pro squad two times, logging 67.5 sacks along the way after tallying just four during his first five years in the league.

Therefore it isn’t surprising that Harrison isn’t happy about his sons bringing home trophies they didn’t win. He, and many others, believe that young athletes need to learn the value of earning everything they get, rather than being patted on the back for just showing up.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1599 on: August 17, 2015, 01:48:32 PM »
I can agree with that.

they can be recognized for participation, but they should not be receiving trophies.

I remember I got one for soccer when I was like 8 or so. i remember being confused and saying like "meh". lol

actually said "participant" on it.....  My dad was confused too...not appalled or anything... he was just like "they give trophies just for playing, now? weird"   :confused:

the next year, they moved me up to competition level, where you actually try out and earn your spot.... My team got first place. real trophy.  :thumbs: losers got participation ribbons..

then by the time my sister played, it was so prevalent, she always got one, not questioned. Bet she still has them. and shes super spoiled now.

:rofl:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1600 on: August 26, 2015, 09:01:29 AM »
Virginia TV reporter, photographer killed in shooting during live interview

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/26/us/virginia-shooting-wdbj/index.html

This is straight up bone chilling and fuking insane. Thoughts and prayers go out to these KIDS families. 27 and 24 years old. Just mind blowing.

the video they posted is mildly disturbing. You hear a person come up start shooting and you hear a woman screaming.. Its insane.

inb4 dan would come in here and say "guns don't kill people. people kill people."

don't get me wrong, we're so far from any sort of "gun bans" 88 guns per 100 people in merika.... But something has to change. I dont know what. I dont know how. And a lot of people will be un-happy. But cold blooded murder like this is just beyond frustrating to hear in the news day after day.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1601 on: August 26, 2015, 09:33:15 AM »

This is straight up bone chilling and fuking insane. Thoughts and prayers go out to these KIDS families. 27 and 24 years old. Just mind blowing.

the video they posted is mildly disturbing. You hear a person come up start shooting and you hear a woman screaming.. Its insane.

inb4 dan would come in here and say "guns don't kill people. people kill people."

don't get me wrong, we're so far from any sort of "gun bans" 88 guns per 100 people in merika.... But something has to change. I dont know what. I dont know how. And a lot of people will be un-happy. But cold blooded murder like this is just beyond frustrating to hear in the news day after day.

::) :help:

im with ya.

personally, I love guns. big part of american history and life. but I DONT love that everybody has one or MANY, SANS any sort of training or psychological evaluation lol, and that they can get one so easily. there doesn't need to be so many...those excess guns are what get into the wrong hands. I have mine. And I am ready for the fall of society.  :thumbs:

the people yelling "dont take muh guns" they scare me. nobody is trying to. were just saying, if you have 500 of them, you dont need to buy another 500. lol

that particular part of the constitution was written when guns were how you fed and protected yourself and your family, when living on the frontier. It no longer applies to the broader society. It certainly doesn't mean everyone should have a fukin AR.   :rofl:

guns DONT kill people. people do. but if there werent 50 bajillion guns circulating, those particular folks would have more trouble getting them. Sadly, its too late. Cant even talk about it reasonably, or they turn into that lord of the rings guy, backed in to a corner saying "my precious" they've invented their own persecution, and each side will be forced to react to steadily rising degrees,  And it will only get worse from here.  Also, once I see the owning of guns being linked to either being more american than someone, OR, even worse, this is what GERD wants... you completely lose me.

just be quiet, own your guns, have fun. be civil. the discourse in this country is staggering. America, (politically)in a single statement:  "I am right, you are stupid and should have no say, get out mexicans, f**K the gays, and poor people too, and its more important to be rich than responsible,  you can do no wrong if you love jeebus and say youre sorry" oh also..... "its the cops' fault when you're an asshole and get beatdown" <---- that is driving me nuts. I miss the days of trying to hide from the police, not confront them with a cellphone and talk shit.

that video chilled me, and now im grumpy.

thanks krandolf. :lol: have a nice day.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1602 on: August 26, 2015, 11:26:21 AM »

Jeez. Just when you think it can't get too much worse... It does. Guy that did the thing fucking filmed the thing himself also making it a FPS style almost. Watched it, decided to not post it. Its disgusting. The guy crashed his car on the interstate and they caught him. Guy turned the gun on himself. not dead in critical condition.

Wtf.

Sorry for ruining your day peelz :lol:

Its a whole fkn mess.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1603 on: August 26, 2015, 04:24:46 PM »
yep saw that.... gary posted it, not giving it a click. thats f**Kin disgusting.  nothing to be gained from that.

gives me that "urpy" feeling in my stomach.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1604 on: August 27, 2015, 10:54:36 AM »
Interesting opinion by Trump. One thing I actually do agree with.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-on-wdbj-shooting-this-isnt-a-gun-problem-127715524131.html

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: