Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124393 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1500 on: September 29, 2014, 08:04:04 AM »
lol jerk, no, the mash up episode... we watch Simpsons alot, and Aidan REALLY wants to watch family guy, but Im still censoring it...so he was pretty happy.  :thumbs:

annnnd....

it was HILARIOUS and did not disappoint.  :clap:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1503 on: October 23, 2014, 08:20:18 AM »
Minimum Wage Backfire
McDonald’s moves to automate orders to reduce worker costs.
Updated Oct. 22, 2014 2:26 p.m. ET 502 COMMENTS
If there’s a silver lining for McDonald’s in Tuesday’s dreadful earnings report, it is that perhaps union activists will begin to understand that the fast-food chain cannot solve the problems of the Obama economy. The world’s largest restaurant company reported a 30% decline in quarterly profits on a 5% drop in revenues. Problems under the golden arches were global—sales were weak in China, Europe and the United States.
So even one of the world’s most ubiquitous consumer brands cannot print money at its pleasure. This may be news to liberal pressure groups that have lately been demanding that government order the chain known for cheap food to somehow pay higher wages.
Unions have made McDonald’s a particular target of their campaign for a $15 an hour minimum wage and have even protested at corporate headquarters in Oak Brook, Ill. The pressure was enough to cause CEO Don Thompson this summer to capitulate and endorse President Obama’s call to raise the federal minimum to $10.10 an hour from $7.25. Many states have already enacted wage floors above the federal minimum.
If higher wages force higher prices on the menu, will union-backed activist groups agree to compensate McDonald’s franchisees for futures sales declines? We’re guessing not. So we’ll offer the chain some free consulting and suggest that with sales slipping lately, higher prices probably aren’t the way to draw more customers. Alternatively, McDonald’s could cut its beef costs by changing its popular burger to a fifth-of-a-pounder and hope nobody notices.
The McDonald’s earnings report on Tuesday gave a hint at how the fast-food chain really plans to respond to its wage and profit pressure—automate. As many contributors to these pages have warned, forcing businesses to pay people out of proportion to the profits they generate will provide those businesses with a greater incentive to replace employees with machines.
Assistant Editorial Page Editor James Freeman on McDonald’s profit plunge and whether “fundamental changes” can make the company competitive again. Photo: Getty Images By the third quarter of next year, McDonald’s plans to introduce new technology in some markets “to make it easier for customers to order and pay for food digitally and to give people the ability to customize their orders,” reports the Journal. Mr. Thompson, the CEO, said Tuesday that customers “want to personalize their meals” and “to enjoy eating in a contemporary, inviting atmosphere. And they want choices in how they order, choices in what they order and how they’re served.”
That is no doubt true, but it’s also a convenient way for Mr. Thompson to justify a reduction in the chain’s global workforce. It’s also a way to send a message to franchisees about the best way to reduce their costs amid slow sales growth. In any event, consumers better get used to the idea of ordering their Big Macs on a touchscreen.
Entry-level fast-food jobs have never been intended to support an entire family. So-called quick-service restaurants provide opportunities to lots of young people with few skills and limited experience. Across all industries, about two-thirds of minimum-wage workers who stay employed get a raise in the first year.
Amid a historically slow economic recovery, 1970s labor-participation rates and stagnant middle-class incomes, we understand that people are frustrated. Harder to understand is how so many of our media brethren have been persuaded that suddenly it’s the job of America’s burger joints to provide everyone with good pay and benefits. The result of their agitation will be more jobs for machines and fewer for the least skilled workers.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1504 on: October 23, 2014, 08:40:50 AM »
dude, exactly. I get it, its hard to live on $8 / hour. I did it for almost a year...10 yrs ago when I lost my job....but I did it, and didnt blame anyone other than myself for being a dipshit.  :lol: and guess what, it TOTALLY motivated me to quit being lazy(entitled) and bust my ass. It paid off.why is it mcdonalds fault its hard to live? Its not.

anywhoo..can you imagine how absolutely disgusting that touch screen would be? :puke: I wouldn't use it. EVER   And I certainly wont be paying any more for meals there. thats the only reason you go there. cheap and fast. We havent been there in a few months.  :thumbs:

and:

"fifth-of-a-pounder"  :rofl:

FYI: I don't really make too much more than 15/hr. I would be Smackin bitches who made as much as me and didn't work as hard, or were dumb.  :) 15 minimum wage is a stupid idea.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1505 on: October 23, 2014, 09:43:57 AM »
Completely agree. I think this is the best response from McDonalds. You guys want $15? Naw, we'll just replace you with robots.

:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1506 on: October 23, 2014, 09:54:46 AM »
Completely agree. I think this is the best response from McDonalds. You guys want $15? Naw, we'll just replace you with robots.

LOL exactly. awesome.

My old boss and I would have that conversation alot. (behind the scenes) If those people keep bitching about how hard it is...and well make it so easy, we wont need them.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #1507 on: October 23, 2014, 04:27:53 PM »

Robots fine, but these kiosks aren't taking the work that was done by a human and doing it instead with a machine, they are taking work that used to be done by a human employee and making the customer do it themselves.  Kind of like the Self-checkouts at the grocery stores/supermarkets.  I'm not a fan of pushing these responsibilities and tasks onto the customer to pad the company's bottom line because you know the customer won't be getting a price break nor will they get a higher quantity or quality of food for putting forth their own effort.

In other words, we're doing to the work so McDonald's can have more money.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1508 on: October 23, 2014, 04:43:09 PM »

Robots fine, but these kiosks aren't taking the work that was done by a human and doing it instead with a machine, they are taking work that used to be done by a human employee and making the customer do it themselves.  Kind of like the Self-checkouts at the grocery stores/supermarkets.  I'm not a fan of pushing these responsibilities and tasks onto the customer to pad the company's bottom line because you know the customer won't be getting a price break nor will they get a higher quantity or quality of food for putting forth their own effort.

In other words, we're doing to the work so McDonald's can have more money.

haha yep.

and Ill say it again. I will not be touching this kiosk without rubber gloves. watch some of the folks that go to McDonalds regularly. If there is ever to be a REAL epidemic(not like the fearmongered one going on now), i fear the carrier will originate at a mcd's  :rofl:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1509 on: October 23, 2014, 07:12:42 PM »
why do you waste your time watching people @ McDonalds?

Creepin?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1510 on: October 24, 2014, 09:28:04 AM »

Creepin?

nope,

pickin up chicks

desperate women who eat their feelings go there :humper:

:rofl:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1511 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:49 AM »

Creepin?

nope,

pickin up chicks

Mad Dog...

Maybe be a good stake out location.

Just sayin :shrug:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1512 on: October 24, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »

Creepin?

nope,

pickin up chicks

my guess is...youre preaching to the choir.  :rofl:

Mad Dog...

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1513 on: October 24, 2014, 10:53:10 AM »

Creepin?

nope,

pickin up chicks

Mad Dog...

my guess is...youre preaching to the choir.  :rofl:

my guess is.. you fail at quoting.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1514 on: October 24, 2014, 11:05:35 AM »
well

$hit