Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124397 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1440 on: August 15, 2014, 08:31:09 AM »
http://www.wtae.com/news/caretaker-death-ends-old-whiskey-theft-case/27453544#!bDV0FV

continuing on with charger banter.

I jsut dno't think there's a huge need for a 700hp AWD car. The primary demographic for people purchasing this car are I'd imagine primarily nostalgic. I am not at the point where I can justify this car yet as a summer driver.. but trust me.. I've been pondering how... LOL

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #1441 on: August 15, 2014, 08:39:58 AM »
right on.

like I said...its nice to see these badass cars that you really want to buy coming out again. Even though Id never spend 60k on a daily use car. Aside from the Corvette, there hasn't been anything Murrican like that for awhile(at least for me).  :thumbs: no offense to magz, Even though the car itself... is cool, and the muscle is there...i just dont like the look of the Camaro. Oh, and they need t-tops to be a Camaro LOL.  mustangs have been pretty "blah" for years too.

I really wish that Charger had AWD. just because.....  :)

I think....(i know, don't pass out in shock..it happens), that the basic AWD R/T like nikki's will remain with the 5.7, but.....the R/T Maxx with Scat Pak option might bring the 6.4 Hemi into an AWD package....giggity.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1442 on: August 15, 2014, 08:49:46 AM »
http://www.wtae.com/news/caretaker-death-ends-old-whiskey-theft-case/27453544#!bDV0FV

continuing on with charger banter.

I jsut dno't think there's a huge need for a 700hp AWD car. The primary demographic for people purchasing this car are I'd imagine primarily nostalgic. I am not at the point where I can justify this car yet as a summer driver.. but trust me.. I've been pondering how... LOL

Yeah, i dont care if theres a need. Justify shmustify. Ive been obsessed with european rally cars since I was little, and I still judge most cars by that standard. Look up "group B" rally cars if bored one day. Street legal but unlimited modifications. death machines. And I KNOW the gear is already there for this car to have awd. Which would, in my mind, make this probably the most perfect car on teh planet for me. lol

AWD OR a real manual transmission...either would be good.  :thumbs:

So its a pipe dream...it matters little. this car is bad as $hit, and I want it. :lol:

So many times, you hear a story about car manufacturers testing some bad ass car...then show the concept at a show...you get all excited then it comes out, and its complete crap... or totally watered down... a 4dr 700hp sedan? who does that? germans excluded, of course. Thats what most of us middle aged tards are looking for. have superfast hot rod, ANNND be a dad, and shuttle kids comfortably.  :rofl:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1443 on: August 15, 2014, 08:51:35 AM »
right on.

like I said...its nice to see these badass cars that you really want to buy coming out again. Even though Id never spend 60k on a daily use car. Aside from the Corvette, there hasn't been anything Murrican like that for awhile(at least for me).  :thumbs: no offense to magz, Even though the car itself... is cool, and the muscle is there...i just dont like the look of the Camaro. Oh, and they need t-tops to be a Camaro LOL.  mustangs have been pretty "blah" for years too.

I really wish that Charger had AWD. just because.....  :)

I think....(i know, don't pass out in shock..it happens), that the basic AWD R/T like nikki's will remain with the 5.7, but.....the R/T Maxx with Scat Pak option might bring the 6.4 Hemi into an AWD package....giggity.

:thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1444 on: August 15, 2014, 09:37:00 AM »
They do have a manual trans :)
:dance:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1445 on: August 15, 2014, 09:47:46 AM »

not on the hellcat charger. :( you can get it on the challenger though.

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #1446 on: August 15, 2014, 09:51:50 AM »

not on the hellcat charger. :( you can get it on the challenger though.

I wouldn't want the manual in either. 8 speed with paddles is going to put the power to the ground better and faster. I'm not gonna spend 70K for something that's almost the fastest version..

Just sayin'

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1447 on: August 15, 2014, 10:24:20 AM »
Ah, gotcha I didn't know that it wasn't avail ont he charger :(

boo.

and paddles may put the power to the ground better, but it still makes you a girl.

:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1448 on: August 15, 2014, 10:39:56 AM »
Ah, gotcha I didn't know that it wasn't avail ont he charger :(

boo.

and paddles may put the power to the ground better, but it still makes you a girl.

:lol:

big high five from peels. LOL. i understand they are faster and the technology is the tits.... but i do not care. its not fun for me to just press the gas and steer. And there is just something about getting the perfect gear change. I don't understand a car guy who doesnt feel this gratification....  "snick-snick" yeaaaah.... my godfather, and his continuous purchasing of automatic corvettes boggles my mind lol.

being a motorcycle rider...this is completely true every day for me. picking the right gear coming out of a corner...or a "clunkless" 1-2 shift from a  stoplight(passing neutral seamlessly and shifting at exactly right rpm), is enough get me smiling for most of the day. This is not as easy on BMW shaft drive boxers...

also part of the fun in raptors.  :thumbs:

again, Im not saying it sucks.. its a personal feeling.

We're currently toying with the idea of getting rid of my truck, since we bought the pathfinder, and it tows circles around the dakota. Plus I ride the bike 90% of the time. Ive only put 300 miles on the truck since march LOL  SO possibly Getting a small car for winter commute, with long term goal of making it Aidans first car(4 years away!). I have only two requirements. His first car be manual transmission, and be fuel efficient. And not chevy or dodge, their compacts suck. :lol:

Itd be sweet if I could all those plus AWD. subaru, volvo, ford, audir, vw even some older Beemers LOL. can be had a for decent deal.

men who cannot drive a manual transmission are not men. my brother and brother in law included LOL though i think the in law might have learned by now? anywhoo...

:thumbs:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #1449 on: August 15, 2014, 11:50:51 AM »
A lot of stuff that makes sense in that post    ^^    AWD subaru for the win peels.

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #1450 on: August 15, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »
A lot of stuff that makes sense in that post    ^^    AWD subaru for the win peels.

GAWD DAMN GRANOLA CRUNCHING HIPPIES...pass me meh bong...

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1451 on: August 15, 2014, 02:20:55 PM »

GAWD DAMN GRANOLA CRUNCHING HIPPIES...pass me meh bong...

:rofl: :clap:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1453 on: August 21, 2014, 11:53:59 AM »
LMAO!!!!

because free coffee is gonna change the world. :rofl:

Hey, I bet without much effort, we could find out who it was...and call his jew ass out! :rofl:

also.. we gotta stop calling starbucks workers "baristas" youre not professional. shut up and make muh damned coffee. :lol:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #1454 on: August 25, 2014, 09:56:57 AM »
This is for my home boy peels..............

good post

Yes, the ZL1 was set up to do very well in the 1/8, 1/4, MillFord, VIR, Laguna Seca, Nurburghring, Interstate Highway and anywhere else it might meet a Hellcat.

Yes, both cars were bone stock, and as the video states, both cars had run that track earlier that day and the Hellcat came in 2nd. Break it down however you want, but the reality is that the Hellcat isn't quite the ZL1-ass kicker that the speculated buzz from journalists and PR from Fiat/Dodge hype it to be.

The ZL1 has been pitted numerous times in various climes and contests against the previous HP Wars title holder and gave its fanboys fits as well. This very same forum was rife with threads full of fanboy-ish claims of how the ZL1 would be seeing taillights, eating dust and be handed it's ass. Their defenses upon falling short of their grandiose claims included poor brake fluid, inadequate tires, amateur driver skills and creatively contrived conspiracy theories. But all that nonsense died with a whimper. Modern (Muscle, Pony) cars are triathletes, possibly decathletes. In order to "win" they need to be better then their competition in multiple disciplines. The ZL1 doesn't win each of them, but excels at all of them...Which is why this forum remains the fortress that draws all the chest beaters from other camps with something to prove.

The quarter-mile competition was nice in the 60's but has evolved itself into a kind of land-based Flugtag. Chevrolet doesn't care what SVT or the other challenger are doing in the modern and comical "Dragtag". It's seriously gunning for supercars around the globe, and raising German, Italian, and Japanese eyebrows in the process.

Beat that....

Originally Posted by Hell Cat 1 
Tell us how it feels to get your ass handed to you by a brick

You mean like this?
Edmunds.com Manual Hellokitty Test:
---GT500: 0-60, 3.9sec, 1/4mile 12.1 @ 120.6mph; 3870lbs
-----ZL1: 0-60, 4.1sec, 1/4mile 12.4 @ 116.0mph
Hellokitty: 0-60, 4.8sec; 1/4mile 12.5 @ 118.8mph; 4454lbs