Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124394 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1395 on: June 25, 2014, 03:41:20 PM »
also, to help you see why Im so one sided, let me tell you how this hate started.... Remember, you know me, Im a scrawny california nerd.

Summer 93 just out of highschool. I Ride the Suzuki GS1000 to a job interview. Im parking it. SOme HUGE redneck in a shitty truck with harley stickers everywhereand a busted up harley in the back...yells. "move that jap piece of $hit outta my spot!" Im like....dafuk...but he starts getting out. SO i move forward. :lol:  Note: Suzuki Gs1000 is regarded is one of the most influencial bikes ever made. certainly not crap.

Fast forward to 1998ish(ithink). Im financially stable now. I wanted a new bike, having sold the GS. I still didn't hate harley yet, but still had the experience from the day in 93 in memory. I actually went to the Harley shop to look at  NEW sportster. it was pretty I wnated one. I go to test it out in the lot. rumble rumble rumble... shakes like a whore at the pearly gates.  14,500 dollars he says. I was thinking 7000. which I mentioned and apparently offended the sales guy. "well its a special edition" well it runs like crap, are they all like that?" well thats the vtwin harley for ya" "well thats bad I say, hondas magna vtwin is like a sewing machine" he says "mabe you should just go buy a honda" :lol: Ive never been back. This is when I developed the "bike is built for image" mentality. As I was waiting for said sales guy. I looked around. 50 dollar tshirts. 700 dollar leather fringy jacket... dafuk good is fringes... lol Had another salesmen tell me harley doesnt make money on bikes. but they make a killing on the accessories and licensing. I believe it.

After that, I only owned an old suzuki dual sport clunker. But only rode occasionally. But started to notice the harley phenomenon. Guys with mullets. headbands...poorly tuned loud exhaust riding like they own the road..... it was polarizing for me. And now I want nothing to do with it. I still see it every single day. they never give me the "motorcycle wave back" everyone else does.

in 2005 I bought my yamaha vstar brand new. It was a 650 and put the harley 1200 to shame. and ran smoother.  that was the best bargain motorcycle. 5000 dollars. and there was NOTHING it couldnt do that a Harley could.

there ARE some harley faithful that dont fit this mold. I respect them.

now. again, I agree. apples and oranges. but people need to quit telling me the oranges are better than the apples. because, they are not.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:44:57 PM by Peels »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1396 on: June 26, 2014, 06:33:24 AM »
mommy.. That man didn't wave back to me.   :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1397 on: June 26, 2014, 08:17:47 AM »
mommy.. That man didn't wave back to me.   :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:rofl:

jerk.
that hurted muh feelins.  :rofl:

im done with my :brokenrecord:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1398 on: June 26, 2014, 09:35:15 AM »
lastly...

this is the mentality of MOST harley people. At least that Ive met. And I operate in direct opposition of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv5oK0ZEXic

And....You think I AM THE HATER?

:confused:

do you see people like this embracing a quiet electric motorcyle?

Offline funyun

• Jew
  • Funyun Yellow
  • Street Cred: -1337
    • Email
« Reply #1399 on: June 26, 2014, 10:03:38 AM »
That guy kept walking so close to the person with the hammer was waiting for him to get whacked :lol:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1400 on: June 26, 2014, 10:44:36 AM »
my hatred for the brand is primarily because of the image of most of the d-bags around here that ride them..

and they are over priced and underpowered

if you like them... then fine.. I have no problem with that, but don't tell me how they are superior, because it's simply not true.
I have been riding Street Bikes all my life, I have owned many many bikes over the years.
and the Harleys I have ridden (and there have been a few) all feel like they are 1960's technology, and honestly are shit quality.
the handling and braking are downright frightening!
the engine power rivals that of a lawnmower, and is underwhelming at best!

If you want a Harley for the "image" then I accept that, it's just not an image that I wish to be associated with.
I don't Drink and ride... EVER!
and the VAST majority of the "Harley guys" around here go bar to bar all damn day.. and that is NOT ME!

When I was rockin' the R6 (a couple of them) there were plenty of D-bags on those too, and I distanced myself from that group too.

you will notice at the Raptor Rallies, I keep away from the guys that drink and ride... it's just not who I am

I will say this...
Tim has a buddy (Bob) that is a super nice guy, rides a Harley, and his bike is quiet, well maintained, and has OVER 130k on the odometer
this guy RIDES!!!
I respect him, he is a great guy.. not a d-bag with a "cut" and poser apparel. he is truly a rider!
of course.. we give him a bunch of shit... but it's all good fun

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1401 on: July 07, 2014, 12:35:30 PM »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1402 on: July 07, 2014, 12:37:38 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1403 on: July 14, 2014, 11:41:05 AM »
my hatred for the brand is primarily because of the image of most of the d-bags around here that ride them..

if you like them... then fine.. I have no problem with that, but don't tell me how they are superior, because it's simply not true.
I have been riding Street Bikes all my life, I have owned many many bikes over the years.
and the Harleys I have ridden (and there have been a few) all feel like they are 1960's technology, and honestly are shit quality.

If you want a Harley for the "image" then I accept that, it's just not an image that I wish to be associated with.
and the VAST majority of the "Harley guys" around here go bar to bar all damn day.. and that is NOT ME!

When I was rockin' the R6 (a couple of them) there were plenty of D-bags on those too, and I distanced myself from that group too.

you will notice at the Raptor Rallies, I keep away from the guys that drink and ride... it's just not who I am

I will say this...
Tim has a buddy (Bob) that is a super nice guy, rides a Harley, and his bike is quiet, well maintained, and has OVER 130k on the odometer
this guy RIDES!!!
I respect him, he is a great guy.. not a d-bag with a "cut" and poser apparel. he is truly a rider!

so, I rode a harley yesterday. it wasnt terrible lol. then, my buddy says: "hey you dont look too bad on a harley" :facepalm:

It was crazy comfortable...like la-z-boy comfortable. in a straight line. sorta look youre in the childbirth stirrups....Somewhat trippy trying to lay it over for a tight turn. 

anyways...I get it. But still same opinion though, just slightly less hate. :kiss:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1404 on: July 14, 2014, 01:42:02 PM »
:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #1405 on: July 14, 2014, 01:43:43 PM »

I will say this...
this guy RIDES!!!

so, I rode a Dick yesterday. it wasnt terrible lol. then, my buddy says: "hey you dont look too bad on it" :facepalm:

It was crazy comfortable...like la-z-boy comfortable. in a straight line. sorta look youre in the childbirth stirrups....Somewhat trippy trying to lay it over for a tight turn. 

anyways...I get it. But still same opinion though, just slightly less hate. :kiss:

:(

old age symptom ...........  you settle for anything...........please re-read and tell me it doesn't make sense...........and dejavu for you.......  :lol:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1406 on: July 14, 2014, 01:53:38 PM »

asshole

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #1407 on: July 14, 2014, 02:01:15 PM »

asshole

just like old times..............

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1408 on: July 14, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1409 on: July 14, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »