Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124393 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1380 on: June 04, 2014, 01:55:20 PM »
:rofl:

merika

I THINK its the biggest show in england...metallicas been playin it for years. All of a sudden, the Guy narrates a documentary, and all kiiinsa panties get bunched lol

If it were me, Id refund their tickets, and give them free passes to lilith fair. might be more their speed? :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1381 on: June 04, 2014, 03:14:29 PM »
psh

give them some green tea and a packet of patchouli

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1382 on: June 16, 2014, 02:12:07 PM »

Model who burned down 3,500-year-old tree called 'The Senator' while high on meth avoids jail time
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2652104/Model-burned-3-500-year-old-tree-called-The-Senator-high-meth-avoids-jail-time.html

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1383 on: June 17, 2014, 08:25:48 AM »

Model who burned down 3,500-year-old tree called 'The Senator' while high on meth avoids jail time
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2652104/Model-burned-3-500-year-old-tree-called-The-Senator-high-meth-avoids-jail-time.html

"so i could see the meth i was smoking" :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1385 on: June 24, 2014, 04:09:01 PM »
not feelin the idea totally. THeyve been selling electric motorcycles with the same if not better power, and more range...just no recognizable brand...

trying to get people to be emotional about something sensible...difficult.

the premium price tag they'll put on it because "its a harley" will price out of that market. 

But I hope it works out. I think they should NOT be targeting harley people. Theyll think this is ghey.  :rofl:

remember? loud pipes save lives!  :confused:

REALLY enjoyed that article, mang. I really do wish them good luck. innovation is nice to see from harley.

it only took 100 years.  :thumbs:

Offline funyun

• Jew
  • Funyun Yellow
  • Street Cred: -1337
    • Email

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1388 on: June 25, 2014, 10:23:13 AM »
hey Rando... to add to the HD bike post.  Harley hasnt really knocked anyone's socks off here... its been done, and most likely...better.

heres the electric motorcycle company ive been following... pretty good stuff.  Check out the Zero SR.

462 mpg (equivalent)

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

would I buy one...? prob not right now....I wouldnt have to charge but twice a week lol. but if I had a huge commute like In cali or something. Oh man. They even have dual sport and an off road...

again, I say "good luck" to Harley for trying something different...but nobody buys a Harley because it makes sense. They buy them so old tattoed women will swoon when they see them in their Flag bandana and sleeveless shirt.  :rofl:

Maybe badge it as a buell...makes a little more sense.  :thumbs:

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #1389 on: June 25, 2014, 11:21:14 AM »
Peelz

the electric harley isn't for sale, it's a demo/test/etc.  they're not offering it yet, they want to use this as a test bed for future possibility.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1390 on: June 25, 2014, 12:35:08 PM »
Man.

You and hefe.. It just hits me.. I don't get why you haev all the ferkin hate for harley.

because there's bigger and better out there?

Why would you buy a car w/ out a turbo when you can buy the same one with?
blah blah blah.

its the same as the people in the car world. Oh, I don't liek rat rods because of blah blahb lah. its all bullshit. If you don't like something, that's fine but to call people out who do like it and say they are idiots or whatever... that's all on you.

At least with me givin you shit for soccer. Its 90% in jest.. I understand how its world wide known although not the most exciting... :shrug:

haters gonna hate I guess.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1391 on: June 25, 2014, 12:36:24 PM »
Peelz

the electric harley isn't for sale, it's a demo/test/etc.  they're not offering it yet, they want to use this as a test bed for future possibility.

I know, sunshine.  ;)

Contrary to what you might think. I CAN read.  :rofl:

My point is, i think its a waste to badge that as a harley....

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1392 on: June 25, 2014, 01:09:27 PM »
Man.

You and hefe.. It just hits me.. I don't get why you haev all the ferkin hate for harley.

because there's bigger and better out there?

Why would you buy a car w/ out a turbo when you can buy the same one with?
blah blah blah.

its the same as the people in the car world. Oh, I don't liek rat rods because of blah blahb lah. its all bullshit. If you don't like something, that's fine but to call people out who do like it and say they are idiots or whatever... that's all on you.

At least with me givin you shit for soccer. Its 90% in jest.. I understand how its world wide known although not the most exciting... :shrug:

haters gonna hate I guess.

WHoa. I didn't call anyone an idiot.  easy :lol:

The argument(as peels sees it)

Ive owned 4 motorcycles. Each time, ive been asked, by multiple people. "why not a harley?" like its the only brand out there. Ive also been told that mine is inferior because it is NOT a said harley. This is completely ridiculous. And this is where 90% of my hate comes from.

yamaha
suzuki
BMW.

all of them, all they are to people are "not harleys"  :rofl:

I actually dont hate HD's themselves -most of them anyhow..my best friend has one. (aside from lack of innovation, and only being produced in order to sell apparel) I just dislike that you buy it for an image, not for excellent engineering. and then people WITH NO IDEA OF WHAT OR HOW A MOTORCYCLE WORKS ALSO THINKS HD IS BETTER AND MINE IS INFERIOR, and will tell me so with absolutely no facts.

I feel like you and I have duked this out before...but the core of this issue, is not hate for harley, or calling people names who own them.... its my personal fight against the opposite of that, THEY ARE NOT BETTER.  AND MINE IS NOT WORSE, SO SHUT UP.

here's your bulletpoints of what Im arguing. Im basically the opposite of the status quo that harley is. Not harley itself.

-To assume that your bike is superior because it is HD
-most people buy harleys only because they SAY HARLEY ON THEM(image)
-NON owners, who are prospective buyers, if you ask them why theyre buying one...will say, "cuz its a harley"
-To assume that mine is inferior because it is NOT an HD
-You have to look a certain way to ride one.
-The idea that loud pipes is advantageous in ANY way, when the bike is NEVER raced. image again.
-people who say "loud pipes save lives" this is complete and utter horse$Hit
-harleys must not run right  if you wear a helmet, based on my observation.
-more NON harley owners wear harley clothes than the owners. Again, cementing my point that its an image, not a good design.

+all of this is happening with literally no technical innovation, yet is superior to all other brands, in the minds of the unknowing. AN folks keep paying premiums for it.

really, all that bs boils down to this:

If YOU like it...GO FOR IT...but DO NOT drive around all high and mighty and convince me that its better or faster. And people who dont own bikes... :stfu: period.

Did you see any harleys at the Isle of Man? NOPE. they are heavy and slow, and corner poorly. But if you like the image, and think its worth your $... fine. Nothing wrong with that.  :thumbs: Motorcycle are motorcycles. you ride them.    :nod:

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:34:13 PM by Peels »

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1393 on: June 25, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »
Did I see any at the Isle of Man? No..
Do you see any 69 Chargers running in the Daytona 500 or the Baja 1000? No.

I feel your opinion is so one sided.

I'm not on either side of the fence I see both sides. You're a street bike guy giving the harley riders shit and there's harley riders giving the street bike riders shit. Its just lame and there's no progressiveness. Literally no technical innovation? That's so lame to say also!! Belt Driven, disc brakes, some with even dual disc setups on the front, EFI, that's right... No innovation. Not all companies are innovators but you make it sound like they are unable to keep up w/ the times even. They have a thing that sells and it makes them money. Seems like a pretty solid business model if you ask me. Same goes for people who buy apple products. SAME EXACT THING.

They look pretty.. but I can get the same thing and more if I buy a pc. :shrug:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1394 on: June 25, 2014, 03:16:09 PM »
oh dear me. Ive been mistaken.  there were harleys at the isle of man TT. 11 of them it appears.. Out of all of them, the fastest averaged a high of 93mph. the ones that finished did anyways. vs 128 for BMW.

I totally agree...you're missing the point though. The argument I have is against those that would say Harleys are better, then judge me for NOT buying one. Anyone with knowledge would not say this. I don't go up to Harley people and say "why not BMW or Yamaha?" that's rude. Even you wouldnt tell me that. but I certainly get the shit from that crowd.. with the confused look"no harley huh, thats dumb".... like theres only one motorcycle to buy.  :confused:

that is what makes me one sided and drives the hate. lol.

SO.....Really Its The image I hate. not the motorcycle. But I stand by my innovation statement. Sure theyve done some things internally, but vs the industry as a whole.. not so much. They attempted innovation with the Vrod. even got porsches help to make the engine tougher. ...I actually like that bike. But harley people dont. because its smooth and fast. Oh and watercooled... lol therefore not a harley Im not saying theyre "BAD" im just saying,Harley in general is not good enough in my opinion to deserve the status quo image that they have. But they get it because of the image that has been created.

The big cushy tourers...NICE bikes. no prob.

And yes. harley gets a solid gold award for business. But not for engineering.   EVERYONE has one now. and those that dont, have the tshirt. lol

you know what....there wasnt really any hate in my original reply about that electric bike. I was being a realist. I never said it was bad. I just dont think it will do well amongst that crowd....its not loud and abrasive. You cant argue this with...nobody buys a harley because its quiet and efficient. please. They buy them, rip the pipes off(no tuning mind you) and slap on 50lbs of chrome.

yes im generalizing, but thats what i get from that crowd. so im giving it back. :)

you know..."jap crap" "metric junk" that sort of thing. Actually, had someone call my bike "jap crap" :lol: ummm.. OK 

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:23:37 PM by Peels »