Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124397 times)

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1155 on: September 06, 2012, 10:08:35 AM »
In related news, two "Husky" minnesnowda farm wives devoured the burger in 3 minutes.....their husbands commited suicide shortly after :lol:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1156 on: September 11, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
No lies... I love Chris Kluwe!!!!

(minnesota vikings punter, super nerd (plays WoW Diablo 3 and other nerdesque games), super outspoken, and in a band in his spare time)

http://deadspin.com/5941348/they-wont-magically-turn-you-into-a-lustful-cockmonster-chris-kluwe-explains-gay-marriage-to-the-politician-who-is-offended-by-an-nfl-player-supporting-it?tag=chris+kluwe

“They Won’t Magically Turn You Into A Lustful Cockmonster”: Chris Kluwe Explains Gay Marriage To The Politician Who Is Offended By An NFL Player Supporting It
Chris Kluwe   

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo has spoken out in favor of a Maryland ballot initiative that would legalize gay marriage. Yahoo has published a letter that Maryland state delegate Emmett C. Burns Jr. wrote last week to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, urging him to "inhibit such expressions from your employee." This is Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe's response to Burns.

Dear Emmett C. Burns Jr.,

I find it inconceivable that you are an elected official of Maryland's state government. Your vitriolic hatred and bigotry make me ashamed and disgusted to think that you are in any way responsible for shaping policy at any level. The views you espouse neglect to consider several fundamental key points, which I will outline in great detail (you may want to hire an intern to help you with the longer words):

1. As I suspect you have not read the Constitution, I would like to remind you that the very first, the VERY FIRST Amendment in this founding document deals with the freedom of speech, particularly the abridgment of said freedom. By using your position as an elected official (when referring to your constituents so as to implicitly threaten the Ravens organization) to state that the Ravens should "inhibit such expressions from your employees," more specifically Brendon Ayanbadejo, not only are you clearly violating the First Amendment, you also come across as a narcissistic fromunda stain. What on earth would possess you to be so mind-boggingly stupid? It baffles me that a man such as yourself, a man who relies on that same First Amendment to pursue your own religious studies without fear of persecution from the state, could somehow justify stifling another person's right to speech. To call that hypocritical would be to do a disservice to the word. Mindfucking obscenely hypocritical starts to approach it a little bit.

2. "Many of your fans are opposed to such a view and feel it has no place in a sport that is strictly for pride, entertainment, and excitement." Holy phucking shitballs. Did you seriously just say that, as someone who's "deeply involved in government task forces on the legacy of slavery in Maryland"? Have you not heard of Kenny Washington? Jackie Robinson? As recently as 1962 the NFL still had segregation, which was only done away with by brave athletes and coaches daring to speak their mind and do the right thing, and you're going to say that political views have "no place in a sport"? I can't even begin to fathom the cognitive dissonance that must be coursing through your rapidly addled mind right now; the mental gymnastics your brain has to tortuously contort itself through to make such a preposterous statement are surely worthy of an Olympic gold medal (the Russian judge gives you a 10 for "beautiful oppressionism").

3. This is more a personal quibble of mine, but why do you hate freedom? Why do you hate the fact that other people want a chance to live their lives and be happy, even though they may believe in something different than you, or act different than you? How does gay marriage, in any way shape or form, affect your life? If gay marriage becomes legal, are you worried that all of a sudden you'll start thinking about penis? "Oh shit. Gay marriage just passed. Gotta get me some of that hot dong action!" Will all of your friends suddenly turn gay and refuse to come to your Sunday Ticket grill-outs? (Unlikely, since gay people enjoy watching football too.)

I can assure you that gay people getting married will have zero effect on your life. They won't come into your house and steal your children. They won't magically turn you into a lustful cockmonster. They won't even overthrow the government in an orgy of hedonistic debauchery because all of a sudden they have the same legal rights as the other 90 percent of our population—rights like Social Security benefits, child care tax credits, Family and Medical Leave to take care of loved ones, and COBRA healthcare for spouses and children. You know what having these rights will make gays? Full-fledged American citizens just like everyone else, with the freedom to pursue happiness and all that entails. Do the civil-rights struggles of the past 200 years mean absolutely nothing to you?

In closing, I would like to say that I hope this letter, in some small way, causes you to reflect upon the magnitude of the colossal foot in mouth clusterfuck you so brazenly unleashed on a man whose only crime was speaking out for something he believed in. Best of luck in the next election; I'm fairly certain you might need it.

Sincerely,
Chris Kluwe

P.S. I've also been vocal as hell about the issue of gay marriage so you can take your "I know of no other NFL player who has done what Mr. Ayanbadejo is doing" and shove it in your close-minded, totally lacking in empathy piehole and choke on it. Asshole.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1157 on: September 11, 2012, 01:40:37 PM »
Krandall, you had me at "lustful c@ckmonster"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like this guy.  YAY for the kicking team! :rofl:

enjoyable read.... 90% honest concerns, with 10% hysterical lol insults...  :thumbs:

especially enjoyed the closing....
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1158 on: September 11, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »
Peelz, When I have time, I'll dig up some of his other posts he's done. He's VERY well spoken. And he doesn't shy away. So awesome!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1159 on: September 19, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »
gracias to the gubment...as usual.... wind energy isnt doing anything for society....  :confused: I know 407 people who might argue this..5 of them I know personally.

yeah, it isnt a huge cash cow...but it wont run out either so whatever. ... Shove the coal up your arses. you're costing jobs whatever you choose. Coal is no more american than wind energy. Just because the business is older, doesnt make it more american.... :rolleyes:

Phucker, Lang.... told you this would happen.  :rofl:

note: Im ok with nuclear so shut up  :rofl:

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2012/09/18/siemens-to-reduce-workforce-at-ft-madison-wind-plant/
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #1160 on: September 20, 2012, 04:50:53 AM »
"note: Im ok with nuclear so shut up"

Have you looked at the state of a large percentage of American Nuclear Powerstations?
Many of them are in worse condition than the one that was destroyed in the Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami.

The power companies have been milking the cash-cow of nuclear power, without putting the money back for maintenance for waaay too long, & if California has a quake in the wrong part of town (say San Clemente) the results will be at least as catastrophic as the Japanese quake.

I am very pleased that NZ has a "no nukes" policy. I would hate to think of what the ramifications would have been with the Earthquakes that have happened in the Christchurch area, if there had been a Nuke power plant there!
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1161 on: September 20, 2012, 07:48:36 AM »
Queue Lang.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1162 on: September 20, 2012, 08:18:36 AM »
"note: Im ok with nuclear so shut up"

Have you looked at the state of a large percentage of American Nuclear Powerstations?
Many of them are in worse condition than the one that was destroyed in the Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami.

The power companies have been milking the cash-cow of nuclear power, without putting the money back for maintenance for waaay too long, & if California has a quake in the wrong part of town (say San Clemente) the results will be at least as catastrophic as the Japanese quake.

I am very pleased that NZ has a "no nukes" policy. I would hate to think of what the ramifications would have been with the Earthquakes that have happened in the Christchurch area, if there had been a Nuke power plant there!

sorry...should have said I'm "OK" I have problems with it here and there...

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1163 on: October 18, 2012, 08:05:59 AM »

Security holes enable attackers to switch off pacemakers, rewrite firmware from 30 feet away.
 :rofl: funny, but not funny.

http://www.scmagazine.com.au/News/319508,hacked-terminals-capable-of-causing-pacemaker-mass-murder.aspx

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1164 on: October 18, 2012, 08:11:39 AM »
LOL!!!

stand in retirement home with laptop and laugh maniacally  :rofl:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1165 on: October 24, 2012, 12:11:55 PM »
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/trekking-grand-canyon-for-google-maps.html

google. F*CK YEA!

In our ongoing effort to create the perfect map—one that’s as comprehensive, accurate and easy to use as possible—we’ve gone well beyond just the streets. Through the Street View feature on Google Maps, you’ve been able to explore panoramic views of amazing places around the world ranging from the Swiss Alps to the Amazon to Antarctica, and a variety of urban cities, university campuses, ancient ruins and ski resorts as well.

Today, demonstrating the rocky and rugged paths we’ll travel to make Google Maps even more complete, we’re collecting imagery from a place no car, trike or snowmobile has ever been before. On its first official outing, the Street View team is using the Trekker—a wearable backpack with a camera system on top—to traverse the Grand Canyon and capture 360-degree images of one of the most breathtaking natural landscapes on the planet.

Operations Manager Steve Silverman (left) and Product Manager Ryan Falor (right) hiking the Bright Angel Trail on the South Rim with Trekkers

The narrow ridges and steep, exposed trails of the Grand Canyon provide the perfect terrain for our newest camera system. The Trekker—which its operator controls via an Android phone and automatically gathers photos as he walks—enables the collection of high-quality imagery from places that are only accessible on foot.

Falor controlling the the Trekker with his Android device

This week, photos are being gathered from portions of the South Rim at Grand Canyon National Park, including the ridge, the famous Bright Angel Trail, South Kaibab Trail and more. These panoramic views will soon be live on Google Maps, giving everyone from real-life visitors to armchair travelers the opportunity to marvel at this beautiful, majestic site from the comfort of their computers or mobile devices.

The team hiking the Bright Angel Trail

So get ready for the virtual adventure that awaits! And in the meantime, we’ll keep on trekken’ and working hard to bring you panoramic imagery of more visually stunning places we have yet to explore and share on Google Maps.

Posted by Ryan Falor, Product Manager, Google Street View

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #1166 on: October 24, 2012, 12:18:26 PM »
Un. Fukking. Believable!

Epic :facepalm:

(CNN) -- Earthquake experts worldwide expressed shock at the manslaughter convictions of six Italian scientists who failed to predict the deadly L'Aquila quake, warning that the decision could severely harm future research.

Two scientists resigned their posts with the government's disaster preparedness agency Tuesday after a court in L'Aquila sentenced six scientists and a government official to six years in prison. The court ruled Monday that the scientists failed to accurately communicate the risk of the 2009 quake, which killed more than 300 people.

Luciano Maiani, the physicist who led the National Commission for the Prediction and Prevention of Major Risks, resigned in protest of the verdict Tuesday afternoon, Italy's Civil Protection Agency announced.

"The situation created by the sentencing yesterday on the facts from L'Aquila is incompatible with a clear and effective performance of the functions of the commission and its role as a consulting bodies for the state," Maiani said in a statement released by the agency.

In addition, Mauro Dolce quit as director of the office that monitors volcano and earthquake threats, the agency said. Dolce will be given another post, it said.

Seismologists were aghast at the court's decision, noting that earthquakes remain impossible to forecast with any kind of accuracy.

"To predict a large quake on the basis of a relatively commonplace sequence of small earthquakes and to advise the local population to flee" would constitute "both bad science and bad public policy," said David Oglesby, an associate professor in the Earth sciences faculty of the University of California, Riverside.

"If scientists can be held personally and legally responsible for situations where predictions don't pan out, then it will be very hard to find scientists to stick their necks out in the future," Oglesby said in a statement.

Prosecutors argued that the scientists gave "inaccurate, incomplete and contradictory information about the dangers" facing L'Aquila at a meeting a week before the magnitude-6.3 quake. The experts determined that it was "unlikely" but not impossible that a major quake would take place, despite concern among the city's residents over recent seismic activity.

The court agreed, finding the six scientists from the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology and a member of the Civil Protection Agency guilty and ordering Italian authorities to pay 7.8 million euros ($10 million) in damages.

"It's chilling that people can be jailed for giving a scientific opinion in the line of their work," Roger Musson, the head of seismic hazard and archives at the British Geological Survey, wrote in a comment published on the organization's Twitter feed.

Comments from one of the defendants -- Enzo Boschi, former president of the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology -- suggested that the scientists were shell-shocked by their conviction.

"I'm dejected, despairing. I still don't understand what I'm accused of," Boschi said after the ruling, according to ANSA, Italy's official news agency.

Boschi and the six others convicted Monday will remain free during the appeal process.

The Italian geophysics institute expressed "regret and concern" about the verdict in a statement Monday. It said the ruling "threatens to undermine one of the cornerstones of scientific research: that of freedom of investigation, of open and transparent discussion and sharing of results."

Some experts have argued that the issue was a failure of communications, not calculations. Domenico Giardini, who held Boschi's old job at the institute for several months, said last year that the trial was about "the number of weak points in the communication chain."

"We all have to work on new, and more clear, protocols, on the transfer of information," said Giardini, who now conducts research in Switzerland.

Survivors of the 2009 quake, some of whom who lost relatives or property in the disaster, have voiced anger at the officials who downplayed the risks despite the worries expressed by residents.

"I can understand the grief of people who lost loved ones and the frustration that people feel when terrible events happen, especially ones outside their control," Oglesby said. "Convicting honest scientists of manslaughter does nothing to help this situation and may well put a chill on exactly the kind of science that could save lives in the future."

The ruling may well change the way experts disclose their opinions, according to David Spiegelhalter, a professor specializing in the public understanding of risk at Cambridge University in Britain.

"L'Aquila trial shows public scientists need to take media communication very seriously," he wrote on his Twitter account. "And get indemnity."

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1167 on: October 24, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
seriously?

humanity is fukked.

its ALWAYS someone elses fault :mad:

like blaming doctors for problems AFTER they save your miserable life  :mad:

irritating

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email