Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124397 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1020 on: June 12, 2011, 07:17:06 PM »
we think so too guys. That VFW post was in the shitter when he took over. People stealing from it, the building falling apart, etc...

Its one of the more succesful posts now. Really cool, as a non-military person, to go down there on Saturday nights when a shitload of vets go in there. And extra cool, if a current service person goes in there. Treat them like royalty.   Get drunk and all start singing.

Thats what those places are for.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1021 on: June 13, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »
and sunday morning pancakes!

The VFW around here puts on the best breakfasts!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1022 on: June 13, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
and sunday morning pancakes!

The VFW around here puts on the best breakfasts!

it's tacos around here.!! good stuff, cheap beer. supporting a good cause

all good. KInda "rednecky" for my taste, but still fun :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1023 on: June 14, 2011, 02:13:18 PM »
yes.... always alot of "nascar" talk going on.. but still very cool!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1024 on: June 24, 2011, 11:38:55 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2007356/Shocked-woman-dies-funeral-heart-attack.html

Woman dies of heart attack caused by shock of waking up at her OWN funeral

A woman died from a heart attack caused by shock after waking up to discover she had been declared dead - and was being prepared for burial.

As mourning relatives filed past her open coffin the supposedly dead woman suddenly woke up and started screaming as she realised where she was.

Fagilyu Mukhametzyanov, 49, had been wrongly declared deceased by doctors but died for real after hearing mourners saying prayers for her soul to be taken up to heaven in Kazan, Russia.

Devastated husband Fagili Mukhametzyanov, 51, had been told his wife had died of a heart attack after she'd collapsed at home suffering from chest pains.

Mr Mukhametzyanov said: 'Her eyes fluttered and we immediately rushed her back to the hospital but she only lived for another 12 minutes in intensive care before she died again, this time for good.

'I am very angry and want answers. She wasn’t dead when they said she was and they could have saved her.'

Hospital spokesman Minsalih Sahapov said: 'We are carrying out an investigation.'

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #1025 on: June 24, 2011, 11:41:38 AM »
Oh SHit!!!!  Nikki wouldn't of had another heart attack until AFTER she'd beat my ass for having her declared dead :lol:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1026 on: July 13, 2011, 07:23:58 AM »
ISLAND PARK, Idaho (AP) — Cleanup crews in Idaho have finished clearing honey and an estimated 14 million bees that got loose after a delivery truck overturned on a highway.

Fremont County Sheriff deputies say several workers were stung during the first few hours of the cleanup Sunday.

And some observers told The Post-Register about seeing a strange black cloud and roaring noise above the spill area before realizing it was a massive swarm of bees.

Authorities say a truck was hauling the bees from California to North Dakota when the driver veered off the shoulder, tipping more than 400 hive boxes and honey.

Crews worked all day Monday before removing all the honey from the roadway, though deputies say a significant amount of bees were still buzzing.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1027 on: September 07, 2011, 11:53:24 AM »
Cocaine is a hell of a drug, but getting shocked with a Taser while riding high on methamphetamines probably beats any white-knuckled cocaine experience hands down

In Safety Study, Sheep on Meth Are Shocked With Tasers-

The study aimed to test whether Taser devices have caused heart-related problems or death in meth-addled suspects

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-04/taser-shocks-meth-intoxicated-sheep-dont-harm-heart-taser-study-says

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1028 on: September 09, 2011, 08:07:45 AM »
Peelz is gettin clever :  Clams Filled with Cocaine 

We need to consider, as a society, that we've run out of decent ways to smuggle cocaine. I say this because David Pocasangre Vaquiz was arrested outside DC with $10,000 worth of coke stuffed into 80 clams. Clams.

I guess Vaquiz, who had just gotten off a plane from Panama, the Examiner reports, didn't have a good sub at his disposal. But you have to give him some bonus points for creativity. Where did he find 80 clams? Did he eat the clam flesh before filling the shells with cocaine? I'm no Stringer Bell, but this seems like a lot of effort to move only $10k worth of drugs. If only Vaquiz had combined shoe cocaine guy's ambition with the clam method—well, we could have really had something here, friends.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1029 on: September 10, 2011, 12:00:52 AM »
Peelz is gettin clever :  Clams Filled with Cocaine 

We need to consider, as a society, that we've run out of decent ways to smuggle cocaine. I say this because David Pocasangre Vaquiz was arrested outside DC with $10,000 worth of coke stuffed into 80 clams. Clams.

I guess Vaquiz, who had just gotten off a plane from Panama, the Examiner reports, didn't have a good sub at his disposal. But you have to give him some bonus points for creativity. Where did he find 80 clams? Did he eat the clam flesh before filling the shells with cocaine? I'm no Stringer Bell, but this seems like a lot of effort to move only $10k worth of drugs. If only Vaquiz had combined shoe cocaine guy's ambition with the clam method—well, we could have really had something here, friends.

complete and utter genius

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #1030 on: September 14, 2011, 12:52:22 PM »
16 'super-Earths' found outside solar system
It's not like aliens put up a welcome banner or anything, but scientists now have newly identified at least one planet that could potentially sustain life.

The European Southern Observatory has just announced the discovery of more than 50 new exoplanets (planets outside our solar system), including 16 super-Earths (planets whose mass is between one and 10 times that of our own planet).

One of these planets in particular could theoretically be home to life if conditions are right. It's called HD 85512 b, and scientists say it's about 3.6 times the mass of the Earth. This planet is about 35 light years from Earth. Its location with respect to its star suggests that this planet could have liquid water under certain circumstances.

Don't get too excited, though; there's a lot more work to be done to explore whether this planet is truly fit for life, in addition to whether there are alien life forms there.

The discovery comes from High Accuracy Radial Velocity Planet Searcher, or HARPS. HARPS is located at the La Silla Observatory in Chile, and is part of a telescope that's nearly 12 feet long.

Here's how it works, according to ESO: When a planet orbits a star, the star move toward and away from the person who's stargazing on Earth in a regular fashion. That's called a change in radial velocity. Because of the Doppler effect, changes in radial velocity make the star's light spectrum move toward longer wavelengths when it's moving away, and toward shorter wavelengths as it gets closer. HARPS can detect this shift in the spectrum, and infer that there is a planet present.

So far, scientists have confirmed the existence of 564 planets outside of our solar system, according to NASA's PlanetQuest website, not counting this latest batch of more than 50. Beyond that, NASA's Kepler mission has found more than 1,200 exoplanet candidates.

"In the coming 10 to 20 years we should have the first list of potentially habitable planets in the Sun's neighbourhood. Making such a list is essential before future experiments can search for possible spectroscopic signatures of life in the exoplanet atmospheres," said Michel Mayor, who led the HARPS team, in a statement

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1032 on: September 26, 2011, 07:56:52 AM »
Husband Can Explain Lewd Google Search History

EDMONTON, AB—Local husband and father of two, Richard Poitras, 42, announced today that there is a perfectly logical explanation for the long list of raunchy Google searches that recently appeared out of nowhere on his internet browser’s search history.

In a response to questioning from his wife, which began yesterday, Poitras said, “Listen, I’m no computer whiz, but I think I have an idea how this could have happened.”

He went on to describe a spam email he vaguely remembers opening, completely on accident. “That email must have linked my system up with some kind of hacker.”

When asked why a computer hacker would take the time to plant “anal ass butt female” into his search history, Poitras responded, “I’ve thought about that, and it makes no sense to me, either.”

“People spend their time doing strange things these days,” he added.

The lewd searches were discovered yesterday when Poitras’ wife used his laptop to look up some driving directions. She started to type “Boyle Street” when the search bar suggested “booty popping,” “booty shaking ass webcam,” and “booty dancing striptease pajamas.”

When she confronted Poitras, he said he was completely shocked.

“Some of those words were just…so disgusting. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.”

Poitras immediately took his laptop back from his wife and initiated an anti-virus scan.

He says he has learned his lesson about being careful when clicking through his emails.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Geo

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 32
    • Email
« Reply #1033 on: September 26, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1034 on: September 26, 2011, 09:42:04 AM »
Man credited with creating Doritos dies in Dallas

DALLAS (AP) — Arch West, a retired Frito-Lay marketing executive credited with creating Doritos as the first national tortilla chip brand, has died in Dallas at age 97.

A statement issued by the West family says he died Tuesday at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. A graveside service is scheduled for Oct. 1. Daughter Jana Hacker of Allen tells The Dallas Morning News (http://dallasne.ws/qzPm9E) the family plans on "tossing Doritos chips in before they put the dirt over the urn."

West was a marketing vice president for Dallas-based Frito-Lay in 1961 when, while on a family vacation near San Diego, he found a snack shack selling fried tortilla chips. Hacker says her father got a tepid corporate response to the tortilla chip idea but conducted marketing research that led to the Doritos rollout.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: