Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124397 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline phucker

• Phrankenstein
  • VIP -
  • Street Cred: 7
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #976 on: March 14, 2011, 05:14:53 PM »
wow that is ridiculous

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #978 on: March 17, 2011, 12:28:13 PM »
^^At least it wasn't as devastating as the last time Krandall tried lighting one of his farts!
(speaking of natural gas) ::)
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #979 on: March 22, 2011, 07:50:59 AM »
Burglar feels the heat dangling over hot oil vat
NEW YORK (Reuters) – Police answering cries for help on Friday found a screaming burglar dangling from a ceiling air vent over a hot fat fryer at an upstate New York restaurant.

"He said he thought he was going to die," said Lt. Michael Brown, spokesman for the police in Rotterdam, New York.

A grease-covered Timothy Cipriani, 46, of nearby Schenectady was pleading for help when he was discovered wedged into the ventilation duct at Paesan's Pizza in the early hours of the morning.

He had climbed a tree to the roof, where he broke into an air duct to enter the restaurant after it closed, police said.

He was trapped where the vent opened over the fryer, and he became extremely distraught, Brown said.

"The fryer had been used all day, so it may have been generating some heat," Brown said.

Cipriani was arraigned on charges of burglary, criminal mischief and possession of burglary tools and was held in lieu of $20,000 (12,296 pounds) bail at the Schenectady County Jail, police said.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #980 on: March 25, 2011, 08:55:53 AM »
WWII vet discovers he’s not a U.S. citizen
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110324/us_yblog_thelookout/wwii-vet-discovers-hes-not-a-u-s-citizen

Ninety-five-year-old Leeland Davidson discovered recently that he's not considered a U.S. citizen, despite living nearly 100 years in the country and serving in the U.S. Navy during WWII.

Davidson, from Centralia, Washington, told KOMO News that he discovered he wasn't a U.S. citizen when he was turned down for an enhanced driver's license he needed for a trip to Canada to visit relatives.

"We always figured because he was born to U.S. parents he's automatically a U.S. citizen," said Davidson's daughter, Rose Schoolcraft.

Davidson was born in British Columbia in 1916, but his parents didn't register the birth with the U.S. government to ensure they knew he was a citizen. He checked up on his citizenship before joining the Navy and was told by an inspector at the U.S. Department of Labor Immigration and Naturalization Service he had nothing to worry about. Now he worries that he won't be able to prove his citizenship, because his parents were born in Iowa before local governments started keeping records of birth certificates in 1880. "I want it squared away before I pass away," he says.

Schoolcraft says they tried to dissuade him from pursuing the matter. Employees at the local passport office scared them, telling her father "If he pursued it, (he could) possibly be deported or [be] at risk of losing Social Security."

"We keep telling him, leave it alone, leave it alone, and he won't, like a dog with a bone," Schoolcraft told the Centralia Chronicle. But Davidson says: "I want to get it done before I die." He also still wants to visit his friends and family in Canada. Sen Patty Murray's office is helping him with his application.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #981 on: March 25, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
nice...you can sacrifice yourself for your country, but Ill be damned if we let you drive to canada! :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #982 on: March 25, 2011, 09:55:37 AM »
Imho, honorable military service should warrant citizenship

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #983 on: March 25, 2011, 10:43:26 AM »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #984 on: March 25, 2011, 10:55:44 AM »
Imho, honorable military service should warrant citizenship

that was my point, after cutting through the BS of my assholish joke :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #985 on: March 29, 2011, 10:13:18 AM »
Rule the waves: One used aircraft carrier for sale
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110329/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_britain_aircraftcarrier_sale;_ylt=At17Q3nEwwXjmMiULszUh.7tiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTNhaGlpMWVyBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTEwMzI5L291a29lX3VrX2JyaXRhaW5fYWlyY3JhZnRjYXJyaWVyX3NhbGUEcG9zAzcEc2VjA3luX2FydGljbGVfc3VtbWFyeV9saXN0BHNsawNydWxldGhld2F2ZXM-

LONDON (Reuters) – The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has put an aircraft carrier up for sale on an official used equipment website.

The Royal Navy aircraft carrier Ark Royal was taken out of service earlier this year as part of government budget cuts. It was decommissioned in Portsmouth earlier this month, and is up for sale on www.edisposals.com, a website run by the MoD's Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) arm.

Individuals and organisations interested in purchasing the former flagship of the Royal Navy -- which was launched by the Queen in 1981 -- have to submit their proposals for the ship to the MoD for approval.

"We need to be assured of the viability of the person or organisation...including how they intend to store, maintain and dispose of the ship before the sale can be agreed," DE&S spokesman Tim Foreman told Reuters on Monday.

Proposals for the aircraft carrier -- which travelled 621,551 nautical miles over the course of its career -- include mooring it in London for use as a helipad.

Interested parties have until June 13 to submit their bids and the ship will be handed over to its new owner by the end of the year.

The coalition government said it would axe the flagship in a defence review last year as part of its plans to cut a record budget deficit.

"HMS Ark Royal has a proud history in the naval fleet and was due to leave service in three years time. Bringing forward her decommissioning ensures we will have an enhanced carrier strike capability in the future," the MoD said in a statement.

"Until then, the UK continues to have access to a range of international bases which allow us to project our air power around the world."

HMS Ark Royal played a crucial role in the NATO campaign during the conflict in Bosnia and was also involved in the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

It was the fifth British ship to carry the name Ark Royal. The first was built for Sir Walter Raleigh and became the flagship of the English fleet, seeing action during the Spanish Armada campaign of 1588.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #986 on: March 29, 2011, 11:56:34 AM »
Imma bid 25 bucks. if they take it, rally in the pacific ocean! :rofl:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #988 on: March 29, 2011, 01:28:57 PM »
arrrrrr! in case this becomes like waterwold :lol:

Offline disco

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 9
« Reply #989 on: March 29, 2011, 01:30:21 PM »
I want to go to Somalia.  I hear it's pretty this time of year.
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury