Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124393 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #615 on: June 15, 2010, 09:01:15 AM »
American claiming to be hunting bin Laden arrested
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100615/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan_bin_laden_hunter

PESHAWAR, Pakistan – An American armed with a pistol and a 40-inch (102-centimeter) sword was detained in northern Pakistan and told investigators he was on a solo mission to kill Osama bin Laden, a police officer said Tuesday.

The man, identified as 52-year-old Californian construction worker Gary Brooks Faulkner, said he wanted to cross over into the nearby Afghan province of Nuristan because he had "heard bin Laden was living there", according to officer Mumtaz Ahmad Khan.

Faulkner was picked up in a forest in the Chitral region late on Sunday, he said.

"We initially laughed when he told us that he wanted to kill Osama bin Laden," said Khan. But he said when officers seized the pistol, the sword, a dagger and night-vision equipment, "our suspicion grew."

He was questioned Tuesday by intelligence officials in Peshawar, the main northwestern city.

Faulkner told police he visited Pakistan seven times, and this was his third trip to Chitral, which is a mountainous region that attracts adventurous Western tourists and hikers. Unlike much of northwestern Pakistan, it is considered relatively safe for foreigners.

Chitral and Nuristan are among several rumored hiding places for the al-Qaida leader, who has evaded a massive U.S. effort to capture him since 2001. The focus of that hunt has been along the Afghan-Pakistan border.

Bin Laden is accused of being behind the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States, as well other terrorist acts. Washington has offered a bounty of $25 million for information leading to his capture.

Khan said Faulkner was also carrying a book containing Christian verses and teachings.

When asked why he thought he had a chance of tracing bin Laden, Faulkner replied, "GERD is with me, and I am confident I will be successful in killing him," said Khan.

Faulkner arrived in the Chitrali town of Bumburate on June 3 and stayed in a hotel there.

He was assigned a police guard, as is quite common for foreigners visiting remote parts of Pakistan. When he checked out without informing police, officers began hunting for him, said Khan.

U.S. Embassy spokesman Richard Snelsire said the mission had received notification from Pakistani officials that an American citizen had been arrested. He said embassy officials were trying to meet the man and confirm his identity.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #616 on: June 15, 2010, 09:27:28 AM »
Send in the damn army and rescue him...He's doing more than our current raghead president is willing to do. :mad:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #617 on: June 15, 2010, 11:37:30 AM »
PEELZ... WTF..... I thought you were in Cali?

8-Year-Olds Hospitalized After Drinking Vial of PCP
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/8-year-olds_hospitalized_after.php

The only people who do PCP anymore are time-capusled beat poets who haven't yet heard of meth. Oh, and if you're going to get technical about it, two eight-year-old cousins in Renton who found a vial filled with yellow liquid on a playground outside of their school and, kids being kids, decided to put the unknown substance in their mouths.

One of the cousins poured out half the liquid into his hand and licked it. The other then drank what was left in the vial.

When the boys got home one of their moms found the empty vial in her son's pocket. Apparently equipped with the drug-sniffing prowess of a trained German Shepherd, the mom then sniffed the vial and whisked the kids off to the hospital, later telling police it had smelled of PCP.

(Note to authorities: PCP-filled playgrounds may be of lesser concern than the mom who can differentiate one drug from another by scent.)

Once at the hospital, physicians confirmed that the boys had indeed ingested the drug. Hopefully making them the only kids at Kennydale Elementary to have personal knowledge of the effects of Angel Dust.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #618 on: June 15, 2010, 11:38:39 AM »
Looks like he took a wrong turn and stayed on US1 north...

Offline Lady4Fiddy

• Rally Queen
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 20
  • I'm just your average Crazy Ass Woman!
    • Email
« Reply #619 on: June 17, 2010, 09:42:30 PM »
PEELZ... WTF..... I thought you were in Cali?

8-Year-Olds Hospitalized After Drinking Vial of PCP
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/8-year-olds_hospitalized_after.php

The only people who do PCP anymore are time-capusled beat poets who haven't yet heard of meth. Oh, and if you're going to get technical about it, two eight-year-old cousins in Renton who found a vial filled with yellow liquid on a playground outside of their school and, kids being kids, decided to put the unknown substance in their mouths.

One of the cousins poured out half the liquid into his hand and licked it. The other then drank what was left in the vial.

When the boys got home one of their moms found the empty vial in her son's pocket. Apparently equipped with the drug-sniffing prowess of a trained German Shepherd, the mom then sniffed the vial and whisked the kids off to the hospital, later telling police it had smelled of PCP.

(Note to authorities: PCP-filled playgrounds may be of lesser concern than the mom who can differentiate one drug from another by scent.)

Once at the hospital, physicians confirmed that the boys had indeed ingested the drug. Hopefully making them the only kids at Kennydale Elementary to have personal knowledge of the effects of Angel Dust.

ERMAHGERD! I bet those kids were flying high!

I had one experience with it way back in the day, and I thought I was Forrest Gump. I decided to run across the city I lived in and back home non-stop, why I didn't die... well I'm not sure. That's the kinda drug that makes you want to jump off a building, you feel weightless and invisible. Totally creepy! I wouldn't recommend anyone do it.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #620 on: June 18, 2010, 10:53:44 AM »
Wow. All I can say Nikki....you definitely had an interesting childhood :lol:

Offline Lady4Fiddy

• Rally Queen
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #621 on: June 18, 2010, 05:08:17 PM »
Yes Pat, I was an experimental type of person. You know like a tri-sexual, try anything once. :lol:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #622 on: June 21, 2010, 12:33:19 PM »
Pa. man allegedly smuggles drugs in soup packets
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100620/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_soup_packet_drugs;_ylt=AjhNXTeaceKzBa8XSDm717LtiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTJ0OWc1NW4zBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNjIwL3VzX29kZF9zb3VwX3BhY2tldF9kcnVncwRwb3MDMQRzZWMDeW5fYXJ0aWNsZV9zdW1tYXJ5X2xpc3QEc2xrA3BhbWFuYWxsZWdlZA--

Gotta give you credit for trying peelz, but you gotta be sneakier. :thumbs:

WASHINGTON – Authorities arrested a Pennsylvania man who allegedly tried to smuggle more than four pounds of cocaine through Dulles International Airport using powdered soup packets. Customs and Border Protection officers arrested the man after he arrived on board a flight from El Salvador  on Thursday.

Authorities said a customs dog identified the man as carrying drugs. When authorities opened the soup packets the drugs were hidden and they found some still contained rice.

It isn't the first time authorities at the airport have seen creative smugglers. Last year officers found heroin in juice boxes and cocaine in cooked chicken.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #623 on: June 21, 2010, 02:45:15 PM »
No soup for you!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #624 on: June 23, 2010, 11:19:44 AM »
More oil gushing into Gulf after problem with cap
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100623/ap_on_re_us/us_gulf_oil_spill

NEW ORLEANS – Hundreds of thousands of gallons more oil gushed into the Gulf of Mexico on Wednesday after an undersea robot bumped a venting system and forced BP to remove a cap that had been containing some of the crude.

When the robot bumped the system, gas rose through the vent that carries warm water down to prevent ice-like crystals from forming in the cap, Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen said.

The cap was removed and crews were checking to see if crystals had formed before putting it back on. Allen did not say how long that might take.

"There's more coming up than there had been, but it's not a totally unconstrained discharge," Allen said.

In the meantime, a different system was still burning oil on the surface.

Before the problem with the containment cap, it had collected about 700,000 gallons of oil in the previous 24 hours. Another 438,000 gallons was burned.

The current worst-case estimate of what's spewing into the Gulf is about 2.5 million gallons a day. Anywhere from 67 million to 127 million gallons have spilled since the April 20 explosion on the Deepwater Horizon rig that killed 11 workers and blew out a well 5,000 feet underwater. BP PLC was leasing the rig from owner Transocean Ltd.

Meanwhile, the Obama administration tried to sort out how to resurrect a six-month moratorium on new deepwater drilling that was struck down by a federal judge a day earlier.

U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman in New Orleans overturned the ban Tuesday, saying the government simply assumed that because one rig exploded, the others pose an imminent danger, too.

Feldman, a 1983 appointee of President Ronald Reagan, has reported extensive investments in the oil and gas industry, including owning less than $15,000 of Transocean stock, according to financial disclosure reports for 2008, the most recent available. He did not return calls for comment.

The White House promised an immediate appeal of his decision. The Interior Department had imposed the moratorium last month in the wake of the BP disaster, halting approval of any new permits for deepwater projects and suspending drilling on 33 exploratory wells.

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said in a statement late Tuesday that within the next few days he would issue a new order imposing a moratorium that eliminates any doubt it is needed and appropriate.

"It's important that we don't move forward with new drilling until we know it can be done in a safe way," Salazar told a Senate subcommittee Wednesday.

BP's new point man for the oil spill wouldn't say Wednesday if the company would resume deepwater drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

Asked about it Wednesday on NBC's "Today" show, BP managing director Bob Dudley said they will "step back" from the issue while they investigate the rig explosion.

Also Wednesday, BP said Dudley has been appointed to head the new Gulf Coast Restoration Organization, which is in charge of cleaning up the oil spill.

At least two major oil companies, Shell and Marathon, said they would wait to see how the appeals play out before resuming drilling.

The lawsuit was filed by Hornbeck Offshore Services of Covington, La. CEO Todd Hornbeck said after the ruling that he is looking forward to getting back to work. "It's the right thing for not only the industry but the country," he said

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #625 on: June 23, 2010, 11:26:06 AM »
You hear about the oil rain going on in LA? There's been oil mixed in some rainwater...supposedly. There's a viral vid I'll find again.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #626 on: June 24, 2010, 06:05:08 PM »
oh jeezus. That area is f**ked for awhile.  :mad:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Lady4Fiddy

• Rally Queen
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #627 on: June 24, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »
This just in....

Mags gave Peels a "rash" in Pismo!   :confused:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #628 on: June 25, 2010, 07:38:13 AM »
You hear about the oil rain going on in LA? There's been oil mixed in some rainwater...supposedly. There's a viral vid I'll find again.

oil does not condense. I think that vid is a BS vid. Hell. look under my coronet when it rains, you'll see the same thing. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #629 on: June 25, 2010, 08:04:46 AM »
Like I said..supposedly :lol: I know oil is a little too thick to be scooped up into the atmosphere...I think its just from all the junkers leaking oil over the years into the concrete. Same thing happened here til they ripped up the road.