Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124393 times)

Offline disco

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 9
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #585 on: May 28, 2010, 01:31:37 PM »

... Dr. Charles Tator. He comments: "Children and youth lack the knowledge, development and skills to safely operate these vehicles....

Yep.  I'll have to agree.   :rolleyes:  ATV's are waaay too complicated for kids. 

9-Year-Old Pilot Sets Cross-Country Mark
http://www.nytimes.com/1988/04/04/us/9-year-old-pilot-sets-cross-country-mark.html

Jessica Watson becomes youngest solo sailor to sail the world
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Jessica_Watson_becomes_youngest_solo_sailor_to_sail_the_world
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #586 on: May 28, 2010, 03:35:47 PM »
cool disco...but there are lots of stupid people with stupid kids out there :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #587 on: May 28, 2010, 04:04:09 PM »
Meth dealers kids are the worst!

Offline AJ RAPTOR

• Street Cred: 1
  • 660R let the monster out
« Reply #588 on: May 29, 2010, 03:47:08 PM »
we gotta thin out the stupid somehow hell we cant shoot them so we have to keep comeing up with new ways for them to kill themselfs off :rolleyes:
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
11:1 wiseco high compression piston
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stage 2 dynojet intake kit
stock pipe guts removed
protaper atv highbend bars
kenda knarly tires
0 - +3 team firestick axle
powermadd handgards
alx and gytr skids and nerfs

theres 2 kinds of riders, thouse that ride up to there skill level and thouse who crash down to it.

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #589 on: May 29, 2010, 04:03:22 PM »
Another good actor down :(

"LOS ANGELES, May 29 (Reuters) - Hollywood actor Dennis Hopper, best known for directing and starring in the 1969 cult classic "Easy Rider," died on Saturday from complications of prostate cancer, a friend of the actor said. Hopper was 74.

The hard-living screen star died at his home in the coastal Los Angeles suburb of Venice at 8:15 a.m. PDT (1515 GMT), surrounded by family and friends, the friend, Alex Hitz, told Reuters.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/Hollywood+hellraiser+Dennis+Hopper+dead/3087858/story.html#ixzz0pMI9ccwU

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #590 on: May 31, 2010, 01:49:32 PM »
we gotta thin out the stupid somehow hell we cant shoot them so we have to keep comeing up with new ways for them to kill themselfs off :rolleyes:

The shallow end of the gene pool is rather over-crowded!
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #591 on: June 01, 2010, 10:04:58 AM »

but the water is warm in here heh Dragonz?  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #592 on: June 01, 2010, 11:29:31 AM »

but the water is warm in here heh Dragonz?  :lol:

They're all in Iowa now? ???

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #593 on: June 07, 2010, 08:06:26 PM »

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #594 on: June 08, 2010, 07:59:41 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/20/live-gulf-oil-spill-video-feed_n_583682.html#s97146

there's a slide show below to see pictures. Pretty depressing stuff. :(

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #595 on: June 08, 2010, 08:04:04 AM »
Damn, I got a buddy that lives in Pensacola...gonna see wtf is going on up there.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #596 on: June 09, 2010, 12:02:04 PM »
Man busted by traffic camera gets unique revenge on police department
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/08/man-busted-by-traffic-camera-gets-unique-revenge-on-police-depar/

It goes without saying, but we're gonna go ahead and say it anyway: Nobody likes getting a speeding ticket. And that's especially true when said ticket isn't issued by a human officer, but from a machine set up to catch unwary motorists off guard. If only there was some way to get back that lost sense of justice...

2,314diggsdigg One man from Bluff City, Tennessee came up with a rather inventive way of sticking it back to The Man. It seems that the officer in charge of the Bluff City Police Department's website had gone on sick leave, and nobody noticed when the time came to renew the PD's URL. Whoops.

Computer network designer Brian McCrary, who received a $90 ticket from a speed camera earlier in the year, saw a unique opportunity and seized it, picking up the domain rights from Go Daddy. Want to know what the Bluff City Police Department's old website looks like now? Of course you do.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #597 on: June 10, 2010, 09:36:59 AM »
Jail trusty allegedly uses leg for smuggling
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100609/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_trusty_smuggling

ALEXANDRIA, La. – Rapides Parish authorities accuse a jail trusty of using his prosthetic leg  to smuggle contraband into the jail. The Alexandria Town Talk reported that 42-year-old man was arrested and charged with introduction of contraband into a penal institution and possession of a controlled dangerous substance.

Herman Walters, Rapides Parish sheriff's assistant chief deputy, said during a routine check of trusties coming back to the facility Friday, correctional officers discovered the contraband hidden in his prosthetic leg.

Walter said officers found bags of loose tobacco, 10 cigarettes, a container of smokeless tobacco and four Soma pills -- a muscle relaxer.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #598 on: June 10, 2010, 12:43:05 PM »
I wonder how many tablets I can fit in my hearing aid? ???

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #599 on: June 11, 2010, 08:55:17 AM »
With each look at oil flow, the numbers get worse
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100611/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill_1207

HOUSTON – With each new look by scientists, the oil spill just keeps looking worse.

New figures for the blown-out well at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico show the amount of oil spewing may have been up to twice as much as previously thought, according to scientists consulting with the federal government.

That could mean 42 million gallons to more than 100 million gallons of oil have already fouled the Gulf's fragile waters, affecting people who live, work and play along the coast from Louisiana to Florida — and perhaps beyond.

It is the third — and perhaps not the last — time the U.S. government has had to increase its estimate of how much oil is gushing. Trying to clarify what has been a contentious and confusing issue, officials on Thursday gave a wide variety of estimates.

All the new spill estimates are worse than earlier ones — and far more costly for BP, which has seen its stock sink since the April 20 explosion that killed 11 workers and triggered the spill. Most of Thursday's estimates had more oil flowing in an hour than what officials once said was spilling in an entire day.

"This is a nightmare that keeps getting worse every week," said Michael Brune, executive director of the Sierra Club. "We're finding out more and more information about the extent of the damage. ... Clearly we can't trust BP's estimates of how much oil is coming out."

The spill was flowing at a daily rate that could possibly have been as high as 2.1 million gallons, twice the highest number the federal government had been saying, U.S. Geological Survey Director Marcia McNutt, who is coordinating estimates, said Thursday. But she said possibly more credible numbers are a bit lower.

And the estimate does not take into account the cutting of the riser pipe on June 3 — which BP said would increase the flow by about 20 percent — and subsequent placement of a cap. No estimates were given for the amount of oil gushing from the well after the cut. Nor are there estimates since a cap was put on the pipe, which already has collected more than 3 million gallons.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: