Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124398 times)

Offline disco

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 9
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #570 on: May 17, 2010, 02:11:04 PM »
Surprised this wasn't mentioned already.

Ronnie James Dio died yesterday at 7:45 am.  He was undergoing chemo in Houston.  <- I did not know that part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_James_Dio
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #571 on: May 17, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »
like a rainbow in the dark :lol:

that sucks. :(
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #572 on: May 24, 2010, 08:22:14 AM »
Man shocked while trying to save dog in Iowa lake
http://www.twincities.com/news/ci_15150285?source=rss&nclick_check=1

CLEAR LAKE, Iowa — Authorities believe faulty wiring on a dock at Clear Lake is what shocked an Ankeny man and electrocuted his dog.

The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says Nickolas Greiner and other family members were throwing balls into the water at his parents' home on Sunday when one of the dogs began to struggle near the hoist of a neighbor's dock.

Greiner jumped in to help the dog, and he also began struggling. Officials say family members recognized what was happening and disconnected the electricity to the dock.

Greiner was taken to a Mason City hospital after suffering burns and bruising from being shocked. The department says the injuries were not considered to be life-threatening.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #573 on: May 24, 2010, 08:25:28 AM »
That's a shocking experience....

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #574 on: May 25, 2010, 05:23:34 AM »
That's a shocking experience....
you are the bright spark aren't you!
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #575 on: May 25, 2010, 05:34:24 AM »
Yup, I'm MSD powered, bitch.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #576 on: May 25, 2010, 08:25:30 AM »
Rangers Declare Bankruptcy
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93694?fp=1

Owning a baseball team isn't always a license to print money. Take the Texas Rangers, for example. Ten years after signing Alex Rodriguez to a then unheard of $252 million contract, the MLB franchise has filed for bankruptcy.

Now, it's probably not exactly fair to blame the team's financial failings on the current Yankees slugger. Still, USA Today explains that A-Rod is one of the team's largest unsecured creditors. He is currently owed nearly $25 million in compensation, six years after he was traded away.

So what does it mean to be an "unsecured creditor" at a time like this? Well, the New York Daily News explains that the bankruptcy could cost A-Rod $24,892,006.61 in deferred compensation. However, The Wall Street Journal writes that "the proposed $575 million sale would repay all the team’s creditors, including players owed back salary."  A-Rod can apparently rest easy.

Some people hear the word "bankruptcy," and images of baseball players wearing barrels and catching pop flies for nickels come to mind. But the team will continue to function normally. Officials claim that the bankruptcy won't stop the team's efforts to win games. Currently, the Rangers are in first place in their division.

The Rangers bankruptcy, according to an article from the AP, is completely voluntary and has the support of MLB commissioner Bud Selig. The hope is that if the other big-league teams approve the move, it will clear the way for the team's sale to a group of investors led by former Rangers pitcher and all-time strikeout leader Nolan Ryan.

Even though this has all the makings of a relatively normal business deal, web lookups on "rangers bankruptcy" and "texas rangers bankrupt" both soared in the Search box. USA Today explains that this isn't the first time a big-league club has gone Chapter 11. The Chicago Cubs declared bankruptcy last year, and the Baltimore Orioles did likewise in 1993.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #577 on: May 25, 2010, 08:31:22 AM »
$252 million to chew tobacco and sit on the bench and look like you care.....they deserve it.  :confused:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #578 on: May 25, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »
Yup, I'm MSD powered, bitch.
That explains the wire hanging out yer ass!
No prizes for guessing where the spark plug is ::)
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #579 on: May 27, 2010, 08:14:12 AM »
Its still to soon to say 100% for sure. but... they've got the leak stopped w/ the top kill procedure..

there's a live feed of the oil line here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/20/live-gulf-oil-spill-video-feed_n_583682.html

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #580 on: May 28, 2010, 07:34:08 AM »
http://blogs.ajc.com/bob-barr-blog/2010/05/26/census-workers-can-enter-your-apartment-in-your-absence/

Thousands of census workers, including many temporary employees, are fanning out across America to gather information on the citizenry.  This is a process that takes place not only every decade in order to complete the constitutionally-mandated census; but also as part of the continuing “American Community Survey” conducted by the Census Bureau on a regular basis year in and year out.

What many Americans don’t realize, is that census workers — from the head of the Bureau and the Secretary of Commerce (its parent agency) down to the lowliest and newest Census employee — are empowered under federal law to actually demand access to any apartment or any other type of home or room that is rented out, in order to count persons in the abode and for “the collection of statistics.”  If the landlord of such apartment or other  leased premises refuses to grant the government worker access to your living quarters, whether you are present or not, the landlord can be fined $500.00.

That’s right — not only can citizens be fined if they fail to answer the increasingly intrusive questions asked of them by the federal government under the guise of simply counting the number of people in the country; but a landlord must give them access to your apartment whether you’re there or not, in order to gather whatever “statistics” the law permits.

In fact, some census workers apparently are going even further and demanding — and receiving — private cell phone numbers from landlords in order to call tenants and obtain information from them.  Isn’t it great to live in a “free” country?

[/article]

:wtf: ....I dare them to try that with me....I'll have their liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #581 on: May 28, 2010, 07:42:47 AM »
a couple of my friends help manage an apartment in Minneapolis and a cencus worker asked them for cell phone #'s. they refused, gave them the apartment number and said if they want to bother them, there's the apt number.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #582 on: May 28, 2010, 07:48:19 AM »
That's good...Hopefully most of them follow suit.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #583 on: May 28, 2010, 07:49:38 AM »
yeah, some bs if you ask me. like hell if I want them getting my phone number.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline AJ RAPTOR

• Street Cred: 1
  • 660R let the monster out
« Reply #584 on: May 28, 2010, 08:20:23 AM »
Injury prevention group: Don't let kids drive ATVs

http://autos.sympatico.ca/automotive-news/4332/injury-prevention-group-dont-let-kids-drive-atvs

ThinkFirst Canada is advising people not to let children under the age of 16 drive ATVs, claiming that operation of the bulky, high-powered vehicles is generally beyond their capability.

Reportedly, ATVs were a factor in 32 deaths in Ontario from 2004 to 2005, with improper safety equipment, alcohol, vehicle size and driver age all cited as contributing factors. All-terrain vehicle, which can weigh as much as 227 kg, often reach acceleration rates of up to 105 km/h.

ThinkFirst Canada is a brain and spinal cord injury awareness group founded by brain surgeon Dr. Charles Tator. He comments: "Children and youth lack the knowledge, development and skills to safely operate these vehicles. ATV use by children has resulted in serious injury and death."

still fighting it in canada big time  :mad: dont know anything docs. brain surgeon  lol heres your brain surgeon :poke:
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
11:1 wiseco high compression piston
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stage 2 dynojet intake kit
stock pipe guts removed
protaper atv highbend bars
kenda knarly tires
0 - +3 team firestick axle
powermadd handgards
alx and gytr skids and nerfs

theres 2 kinds of riders, thouse that ride up to there skill level and thouse who crash down to it.