Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: vholdr Helmet Camera!!!! Group Buy  (Read 9704 times)

Offline VA Raptor

• Street Cred: 0
Re: vholdr Helmet Camera!!!! Group Buy
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
Price please :thumbs:
-Scott
09 Raptor 700 SE
08 Raptor 350
09 Raotor 90
07 Kawasaki Bayou 250

Offline bustedplastic

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2009, 09:10:56 PM »
Hey, just sent payment for it, if you could let me know when i can expect it, i would appreciate it (Hoping to get some Ice racing footage on my newly rebuilt 727!)

Thanks for putting together this awesome deal!!

David

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2009, 11:13:03 AM »
Thanks Steve..

Got it today..
seems to work fine!

Offline double06

• Group buy coordinator
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »
I got a '06 with some KDS Racing bells and whistles  :grin_nod:

Offline desdak4

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2009, 10:17:53 PM »
Got mine on Wednesday. I will try and mess with it this weekend as I seem to have dodged a big problem. UPS sat it in a snow pile by my step and the box got real wet. Camera seemed dry though so I have just let it sit in the house and warm for a couple days now.

Jay
'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

Offline TechQuadShop

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Your ONE stop ATV SHOP
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »
Let me know if there are any issues.
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

Offline desdak4

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2009, 05:35:37 PM »
Sure thing,. Thanks Steve.

Jay
'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

Offline bustedplastic

• Email
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2009, 09:43:51 AM »

Thanx for the info.
Your right, the GB price is an excellent super deal. I've been watching your vids in the optional HD mode and am impressed. Is the HD versions what you get when you watch on the computer or tv? I've put off buying a helmet cam due to their grainy, pixelated vids. That and I  didn't want to spend huge to get quality but this set-up looks to fill the bill. I'm in.

Any word on shipping?

The VholdR records in AVI not HD, but it is simple to convert it over to any format that you wish including and not limited to HD. There is only one kind of HD so when you watch an HD video, it is the same as if you were on your tv watching an HD channel. If you have anymore questions, I have an answer.

Hey, just curious on this, when you say you convert this to HD I think the resolution of this device is 640x480, are you upconverting through software of some sort?  I have Vegas Video and i know it lets me import and render with all different file types and resolutions, but just curious which program you use to convert it to the best resolution possible?  I'm no expert at the resolutions, hoping you can help!

Thanks,

David

Offline VA Raptor

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2009, 12:37:18 PM »
Hey, just curious on this, when you say you convert this to HD I think the resolution of this device is 640x480, are you upconverting through software of some sort?  I have Vegas Video and i know it lets me import and render with all different file types and resolutions, but just curious which program you use to convert it to the best resolution possible?  I'm no expert at the resolutions, hoping you can help!

Thanks,

David

I don't have my vHoldr yet, but you are correct in that the camera only records at 640x480 30fps; which is not HD resolution. Most (if not all) video editing software will allow you to choose what the final output resolution is, so you could chose an HD resolution (1280x720 and up). But the results from a 640x480 source may have a lot of pixelation and not ideal. If your plan is to just upload videos to YouTube sticking with the native resolution would be just fine. If, however, you're planning on putting the videos on DVD and watching them on a HDTV I'd still recommend encoding at 640x480 and allow the built-in scaler on the HDTV handle the upconversion.

Personally I use Windows Movie Maker (since it's free :) ) and have had good results. Hope this helps.
-Scott
09 Raptor 700 SE
08 Raptor 350
09 Raotor 90
07 Kawasaki Bayou 250

Offline bustedplastic

• Email
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »

I don't have my vHoldr yet, but you are correct in that the camera only records at 640x480 30fps; which is not HD resolution. Most (if not all) video editing software will allow you to choose what the final output resolution is, so you could chose an HD resolution (1280x720 and up). But the results from a 640x480 source may have a lot of pixelation and not ideal. If your plan is to just upload videos to YouTube sticking with the native resolution would be just fine. If, however, you're planning on putting the videos on DVD and watching them on a HDTV I'd still recommend encoding at 640x480 and allow the built-in scaler on the HDTV handle the upconversion.

Personally I use Windows Movie Maker (since it's free :) ) and have had good results. Hope this helps.

Thanks, appreciate the help!

Offline robkd

• Street Cred: 2
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2009, 01:59:29 PM »
This would have been a great buy if i hadn't already bought one. dang my timing sucks

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2009, 01:28:48 PM »
This group buy closes in 2 days!!!

Make sure you get one so you can record that friend crashing!  :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Blair

• VIP
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »
i called steve and paid him today for mine
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Offline bustedplastic

• Email
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2009, 02:40:34 PM »
Just curious, are these going to ship out this week then since the group buy is over???

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2009, 03:17:54 PM »
Group Buy is Closed.

Make sure for those of you that got your cam.. Post up your review here: http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=3248.0

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once