Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: GRRR one thing after another  (Read 1186 times)

Offline ceanern

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
GRRR one thing after another
« on: June 10, 2009, 07:08:29 PM »
well seems to be one thing after another lately with everything I'm doing! lol alright so I went and ordered another axle nut to replace my factory one that i had to cut in order to get it off cause it was stuck fast. with the axle out I noticed wear marks from the bearings that came out of the bearing race and it wore groves around the center sleeve that keeps the the bearings spaced out and in proper place. Guess the question is how do you take out the axle carrier so I can inspect it and clean it to make sure it isn't screwed.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: GRRR one thing after another
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:26:03 PM »
axle carrier is two bolts going all the way through the swingarm. The carrier will need help coming out. Prying and hammering. It comes out in two pieces. With the plate on the left. You have to remove the brake disc and hub. It is a bitch!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline ceanern

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »
alright that is what I figured. hell the axle and everything else slide right out except for the middle spacer on the axle I think I bent me sprocket mount trying to beat that spacer and bearing race off the axle.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:00:50 PM »
Yep, remove those bolts, then beat on it for an eternity it seems like. then... it just falls apart. LOL
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline D.Owelo

GRRR one thing after another
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 10:25:14 PM »
I want to change from yamalube to another oil What do I do I have drained the oil what do I do now do I just throw the new oil in or what am I suppose to do now?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 08:38:36 AM »
is the oil tank empty? If it is all out, you are good to refill. fill the tank, run it for a tiny bit, then top it off again. Should be right around 2 quarts  :thumbs:

Offline 02raptor660

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 08:21:32 AM »
if you want some amsoil let me know i can get you a deal on it.  stock they hold just over 2 qts. but make sure you drain the motor and tank before filling.
mike