Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: It's been a looooooong time * UPDATED 2nd page *  (Read 13449 times)

Offline AJ RAPTOR

• Street Cred: 1
  • 660R let the monster out
It's been a looooooong time * UPDATED 2nd page *
« on: February 04, 2010, 05:28:12 PM »
But I'm making my comeback now

Well heres the story last time I was here I made a post about my last ride and my poor raptor :(

Since then I have been doing alot of work running heavy equipment and fixing up my toyota rav-4 yamahauler. Anyways

a little video of the raptor and her last time out in 2008 and what had happend.
dark raptor payback video

and now I had got/ made some time to start taking the beast apart heres the pics and I hope to be back on here alot more as I get this beast running again

all set up to start taking it apart

got part of the nerf bars off and the foot peg better speed things up

this is better no plastics, foot pegs, heal gards, headlights

not a bad little hole

hehehe not gonna lose where these bolts go lol

seems the inside got a few dings in it

valves, cam, cam gear, and timing chain looks like i need a new cam gear and everything out from that

ummmmm wheres the rest of this counter weight? better yet shouldnt there be 2 of them? where the other one?

never found the other one guess we know what made the hole

im really glad the missing parts didnt find my leg

lots of magnets but no metal parts to be found

thats it for tonight
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 05:35:24 PM by AJ RAPTOR »
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
11:1 wiseco high compression piston
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stage 2 dynojet intake kit
stock pipe guts removed
protaper atv highbend bars
kenda knarly tires
0 - +3 team firestick axle
powermadd handgards
alx and gytr skids and nerfs

theres 2 kinds of riders, thouse that ride up to there skill level and thouse who crash down to it.

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
Re: It's been a looooooong time *16 pictures*
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:01:09 AM »
Well guess I better reply, just in case no-one else does!
Good to see you back working on the beast!
Keep meaning to ask you, Have you changed your con-rod,or are you still running stock?
Seeing as you are one of the faithful 660 few who runs your bike real hard (when it's going)
My stage 2 cam arrived today, BTW.
Can you send me some pics down your ports, I am attacking the head tomorrow in a reasonably restrained way, but would be interested to see what others have done for a build somewhere similar to my target.
The 673/11-1 is the next step for me motorwise, but am also waiting on some tripple rate works front shocks w remote ressies :).
Then I will see if I can get sufficient action from the rear, or I will be looking at a replacement there too!

ONYA BRO

Dragonz
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 06:35:34 AM »
Hey AJ, welcome back my "Candian" friend. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline AJ RAPTOR

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 06:20:13 PM »
Hey AJ, welcome back my "Candian" friend. :lol:
see thats what happens when you learn to spell from a newfie lol
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stock pipe guts removed
kenda knarly tires
powermadd handgards

theres 2 kinds of riders, thouse that ride up to there skill level and thouse who crash down to it.

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 07:14:40 PM »
My sister's fiance just had the same thing happen to his 02, though his head cover is in a lot better shape.  Glad to see you working on it, though sorry of course that it happened in the first place.

Offline AJ RAPTOR

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 09:48:09 AM »
Well guess I better reply, just in case no-one else does!
Good to see you back working on the beast!
Keep meaning to ask you, Have you changed your con-rod,or are you still running stock?
Seeing as you are one of the faithful 660 few who runs your bike real hard (when it's going)
My stage 2 cam arrived today, BTW.
Can you send me some pics down your ports, I am attacking the head tomorrow in a reasonably restrained way, but would be interested to see what others have done for a build somewhere similar to my target.
The 673/11-1 is the next step for me motorwise, but am also waiting on some tripple rate works front shocks w remote ressies :).
Then I will see if I can get sufficient action from the rear, or I will be looking at a replacement there too!

ONYA BRO

Dragonz

if i get the head off the motor ill be sure to get you some pics of the ports but i lucked out and didnt see or feel any parts in the bottom of the motor talk about luck but the port and polish i did was just a simple matter of making the ports nice and smooth took off the rough casting inside and then polished it nice and smooth
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stock pipe guts removed
kenda knarly tires
powermadd handgards

Offline AJ RAPTOR

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 10:32:53 AM »
My sister's fiance just had the same thing happen to his 02, though his head cover is in a lot better shape.  Glad to see you working on it, though sorry of course that it happened in the first place.

yeah it sucks bigtime i got lucky other then the head ofcourse but i got a guy here that has a phd in metalergy and knows everything about machining if he can get the metal he can make it so i have sent my head to him and told him not rush i got all winter to tinker with this project but he fells he can weld up the head and get me back on the go anyways and it shouldnt cost me the $1,000+ that yamaha wants for a new head here
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stock pipe guts removed
kenda knarly tires
powermadd handgards

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 11:52:04 AM »
you can get a 660 head under 200 if you look. sometimes with some work done to them low 200's.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline AJ RAPTOR

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 01:15:20 PM »
you can get a 660 head under 200 if you look. sometimes with some work done to them low 200's.  :thumbs:

lol yeah I could I'm sure, but I rather give the work to a local place here since right now we only have the 2 good machine shops. one I sent my head to now that also does ALOT of other little jobs for me and and my father. most jobs only cost about $20 he only charged me $40 to respline the rearend and axle in my old shaft drive 4-wheeler. new gears and axle would have cost me big bucks. The other shop does my bore jobs to my cyl. For any other parts I take them to one of the only 2 yamaha dealers near me. one is a 30 min drive and Im not a fan of them as they just try to sell you everything they can even if you dont need it. The other is over an hour long drive away but they are great to deal with, very helpful and know what they are talking about. So I dont mind the long drive to get parts. Besides when Im out thier way I also get to go to the big cat equipment dealer and the john deere dealer out that way and drool over the big toys lol
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stock pipe guts removed
kenda knarly tires
powermadd handgards

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 04:03:33 PM »

lol yeah I could I'm sure, but I rather give the work to a local place here since right now we only have the 2 good machine shops. one I sent my head to now that also does ALOT of other little jobs for me and and my father. most jobs only cost about $20 he only charged me $40 to respline the rearend and axle in my old shaft drive 4-wheeler. new gears and axle would have cost me big bucks. The other shop does my bore jobs to my cyl. For any other parts I take them to one of the only 2 yamaha dealers near me. one is a 30 min drive and Im not a fan of them as they just try to sell you everything they can even if you dont need it. The other is over an hour long drive away but they are great to deal with, very helpful and know what they are talking about. So I dont mind the long drive to get parts. Besides when Im out thier way I also get to go to the big cat equipment dealer and the john deere dealer out that way and drool over the big toys lol

cool. just mentioned it cuz you said you found head through yammie for 1000! f**k dat!

Offline AJ RAPTOR

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 04:07:54 PM »

cool. just mentioned it cuz you said you found head through yammie for 1000! f**k dat!

lol yeah i said the same thing thats why the head is gone to the machine shop lol
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stock pipe guts removed
kenda knarly tires
powermadd handgards

Offline AJ RAPTOR

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 04:17:25 PM »
well got bored today so i had to fix the problem of my dim headlights i remeber when i first got the raptor the lights were nice and bright but over time the lenses of the headlights kind of hazed over and as it does that the lights get more dim and not as bright (kinda like someone that buys a honda :P)

anyways got this little strach remover kit from wal-mart

I used this on the headlights first take 3000 grit sand paper and some window cleaner and wet sand the lens to get rid of the straches then dry it off very well and use the repair stuff and polish it into the headlight lens with a super clean and soft dry cotton rag till it ends up dry ssmooth and clear as new glass

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE and AFTER

oh and no more dings in my rad either

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=6068.0
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stock pipe guts removed
kenda knarly tires
powermadd handgards

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: It's been a looooooong time * UPDATED *
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 08:56:41 PM »
Regular Car Wax/Polish and a Mothers polishing ball works WONDERS on the headlights. ;)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline AJ RAPTOR

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 09:16:35 AM »
Regular Car Wax/Polish and a Mothers polishing ball works WONDERS on the headlights. ;)

I hate mothers products the polish on metals just takes days to get any kinda shine with the metal polish and I found the same problem with the rest of the mothers stuff (I have pics of a cr 250 frame that I shined up for a friend he used the mothers and I used auto-sol and the mothers didnt make a difference) Ill post pics up of the bike someplace else and then Ill mod this post with a link to it. I used some turtle wax after and put 3 coats of that one and it made another big difference plus 3 coats of wax should help protect the lens I hope lol
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stock pipe guts removed
kenda knarly tires
powermadd handgards

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 10:09:16 AM »
Then you're doing it wrong.

<--- firm believer in mothers products. Especially the Mag and Aluminum polish

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once