Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Interesting info on K&N filters  (Read 7408 times)

Offline francky2000

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: Interesting info on K&N filters
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2009, 02:19:49 AM »

For rallies you cannot compromise longevity.
The team I am racing with has around 20 to 25 bikes racing every year (Most Honda CRF450). Every time a guy put a K&N for the rally his engine don't finish the race
So K&N for fun ride no problem, but for rally NO WAY.

I have found that the TRX450 twin air power flow filter has a 100mm rubber diameter. It almost fit the trinity intake. I'll have my trinity modified to 100mm. (but I think i am gonna have to carve the air box)

Offline Kenny

• Engine Guru
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 8
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2009, 06:59:36 AM »
One of the things I like to do is use an oversize outerwear and attach fishing sinkers to the inside. As you are beating and buzzing around the track, the sinkers will vibrate and shake all the dry accumulated dirt and mud from the outerwear. Kind of a self cleaning setup. The looser the outerwear, the better. If the cover isn't tight against the filter it reduces the amount of dirt(or water) that is trying to suck directly through the filter from the cover, making it easier to trap the lower speed particles. :)
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2009, 10:40:31 AM »
So... could the answer to this be.. Since people don't like Foam because it's so restrictive.. modifying the air box or finding a new airbox setup to allow for a MUCH bigger foam filter? Reducing the velocity that air is sucked through reducing the particles speed being sucked through thus having a much lower chance of it being sucked through the filter?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Kenny

• Engine Guru
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 8
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2009, 04:12:32 PM »
Correctamundo! :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154