Raptor 350 > 350 Suspension Work

Unstable, should I do Wheel Spacers?

<< < (2/6) > >>

SUNNY1881:

--- Quote from: Peels660 on June 17, 2008, 11:31:17 AM ---links don't work. BUt I am pretty sure you are rferring to the extended studs. WHich I think are OK if you do not ride too hard, they put alot of stress on your hubs and lugs. I am getting some for the dunes for the rear only for my 660.

--- End quote ---

The links work on the other site. But oh well, yeah im talking about stud extender's. Im just a basic rider, no jumping or anything, just trail ride and hill climb. Will these put a lot of stress on the stock studs and possibly snap them?  :help:

SUNNY1881:
What's best front and rear for more stability or just rear or just front?

Peelz:
fronts will make your steering geometry change and be very jumpy, I would not recommend them on the front. It is too much wear for the components up there, for me, at least. Adding them to the rear will help to start sliding sooner instead of biting, it also effectively lowers your center of gravity. For the front, look into the "diamondj" suspension widener kit. They are all over ebay as well. It extends your a-arm and shcok mounte out 2.5 inches. It is a cheap alternative to new arms, and you don't need to buy shocks.

RR34:
cant go wrong having the rear wider than the front. never do the other way around. ITP makes some wheels that have an offset that will give you 2 inches on each side on the front also.

SUNNY1881:

--- Quote from: Peels660 on June 17, 2008, 11:31:17 AM ---links don't work. BUt I am pretty sure you are rferring to the extended studs. WHich I think are OK if you do not ride too hard, they put alot of stress on your hubs and lugs. I am getting some for the dunes for the rear only for my 660.

--- End quote ---

Just curious, how do you get a pic in the body of your reply's? I.E. like your pic of bike sitting in the dunes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version