Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: St. Anthony June 23-29  (Read 1248 times)

Offline russ-russ

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I am Epic Win.
    • Email
St. Anthony June 23-29
« on: June 22, 2008, 10:39:55 AM »
Well, I'm heading out the door right now. If anyone is going to be there, we'll be in the BLM campgrounds at Egin Lake. Look for my yellow F350 with a 21' Voretx toyhauler or the yellow 06 700 with the yellow (I see a pattern developing here) smiley face flag. Come by and say hi.
 :clap:

Offline Sandeater

• Street Cred: 3
    • Facebook
    • Email
Re: St. Anthony June 23-29
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:07:52 PM »
How was it Russ??  Any pics?
My Sand Only Queen
Currently being rebuilt
2006 RE 778
Slingshot Lockup
+6 SLC Ladder Swingarm
Paint by JK Customs

Offline russ-russ

• VIP
  • I am Epic Win.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 11:22:09 PM »
It was a blast!  We had good weather and rode 'til it hurt.  Pics are here: http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z295/_russ/St%20Anthony%202008/  Not too many pics, we were too busy riding plus I forgot my good camera, so these are just with my wife's cheap camera.

Had a little mishap with the wife's Z, it threw the chain and busted the case so we are looking for parts.  But at least that didn't happen until later in the trip.  We very nearly came home with another rappy in the trailer.  The dealer in Rexburg had a low hour '06 700 for $5200, it was almost ours, but we decided to repair the Z and throw some mods at it.  Next time it sees Choke Cherry, the Z will climb it for sure!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:24:34 PM by russ »

Offline Sandeater

• Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:45:28 AM »
That does look like lots of fun!!  Looks like there are quite a few razorbacks there too.  Thanks for the vids and pics  :thumbs:

Hmmm thats no fun but good thing it happened towards the end of the trip, like you said.  I rode a Z at LS and it was fun to whip that thing around lol.  Haha well good luck in getting it running again.  Hopefully go to St. A for Labor Day....theres a group of DS650s going out there and might tag along with a buddy of mine from Payson, UT.
My Sand Only Queen
Currently being rebuilt
2006 RE 778
Slingshot Lockup
+6 SLC Ladder Swingarm
Paint by JK Customs

Offline russ-russ

• VIP
  • I am Epic Win.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 08:30:32 PM »
If you get the chance it's completely worth it.  Make sure you guys camp at the BLM campground, not oasis or whatever the other one is, they are too far away from the good stuff.  There are lots more razorbacks and big dunes than at LS, and bowls like crazy.  The bowl in the one vid that my wife is hitting on her Z is enormous, we were hitting 60+ mph around that thing according to the GPS. :jaw:  IMHO, for all-around duning, St. Anthony kicks Little Sahara's ass.  If you just want to race the hill, LS is where it's at.  There's more pics and video to check out at dunereview.com, most of the stuff is kind of outdated, but still gives you a good idea of what to expect.

Offline Sandeater

• Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 09:55:03 PM »
Gotcha cool thanks for the heads up!  Haha yea Devils Dune.  That thing looks nuts!  I know someone that rolled their $80k rail down that thing.  Not very pretty.  Ya I kinda noticed that at LS....the dunes on the north side didn't really flow together very well but did on the back side of sand mountain.  I prefer going and and duning non stop and then like to hit the race hill also.  I am an all-around duner I guess you would say :) 

Haha yea Wyoduner's pics on there are REALLY old LoL.  Have you been to KP yet?  I know it doesn't compare to LS or St Anthony but its a fun spot.  Probably not worth your drive since you are in Junction.
My Sand Only Queen
Currently being rebuilt
2006 RE 778
Slingshot Lockup
+6 SLC Ladder Swingarm
Paint by JK Customs