Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread  (Read 78707 times)

Online Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
Re: Breaking News Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 02:26:12 PM »
Dow Jones industrial average falling below the 8,000 mark

Whats advisable? Keep pumping money into my 401k or slow it back a bit? ???

Now is the best time to buy.  Everything is cheap.  And I think you're a little young to be worrying about your retirement account.   :confused:

Yeah, kerkorian thought it was cheap and a good time to buy too...ended up losing over 700million out of a 1billion dollar investment as ford shares dropped from $7 to $2.

It IS a great time to buy.  And Kerkorian was a dumb ass for putting any money into Ford.  That's just common sense.

Common sense said hold on to Enron shares too. ???

Just trying to say that conventional wisdom isn't always right and that every action in this kind of market facing the future we do needs to be analyzed with considerable attention and scrutiny.

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 02:28:13 PM »

Now is the best time to buy.  Everything is cheap.  And I think you're a little young to be worrying about your retirement account.   :confused:

Yeah, kerkorian thought it was cheap and a good time to buy too...ended up losing over 700million out of a 1billion dollar investment as ford shares dropped from $7 to $2.

It IS a great time to buy.  And Kerkorian was a dumb ass for putting any money into Ford.  That's just common sense.

Poor example.  It was a great company on paper, who knew they were cooking the books.  But you go ahead and keep your money in your mattress. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 02:28:54 PM »

Hey Mad Dog, you do realize that you are "moving the goal post" right?  I thought a football analogy was aprapos in describing your debate methodology today.   :confused:

Online Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 02:29:54 PM »

Poor example.  It was a great company on paper, who knew they were cooking the books.  But you go ahead and keep your money in your mattress. 

You make it sound like I have a positive cashflow or something? :lol:

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 02:30:27 PM »
100 bucks is a good start.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 02:31:01 PM »

Gotta be more safe than putting it into any company right now. :rolleyes:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 02:31:33 PM »

Well, if you would quit paying back MSU for that "education" that would be a start.   :confused:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 02:32:51 PM »

Hey Mad Dog, you do realize that you are "moving the goal post" right?  I thought a football analogy was aprapos in describing your debate methodology today.   :confused:

Aprapos and methodology in one post? JEEZ! Even grammar ninja blushing. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 02:33:29 PM »

I could give you a list of at least 50 companies that I would dump money into.  Great times right now.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Online Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 02:33:46 PM »

Well, if you would quit paying back MSU for that "education" that would be a start.   :confused:

Hell, that'd be a Corvette payment :grin_nod:

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 02:34:34 PM »

Aprapos and methodology in one post? JEEZ! Even grammar ninja blushing. :lol:

You know that I'm just trying to impress the pants off you peels.   ;)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 02:35:12 PM »

I could give you a list of at least 50 companies that I would dump money into.  Great times right now.

Shoot me your list...

Seeing every company except I believe... 10 out of the 3000+ on the nasdaq have lost money the past year and a half.....

and buddha, if you're trying to get peels out of his pants. take it to PM's...  :mad:

:rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 02:35:17 PM »

Hell, that'd be a Corvette payment :grin_nod:

At least it's not a Ford.   :thumbs:

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 02:38:01 PM »

Shoot me your list...

Seeing every company except I believe... 10 out of the 3000+ on the nasdaq have lost money the past year and a half.....

and buddha, if you're trying to get peels out of his pants. take it to PM's...  :mad:

:rofl:

Most companies have lost a ton over the last year and a half, but didn't anyone teach you to buy low?  Or did you really think it would keep falling forever?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Online Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 02:39:12 PM »
No not forever, but I would wager that some sectors haven't seen bottom yet.