Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Plug Color - Map??  (Read 966 times)

Offline Juggernaut_7

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Plug Color - Map??
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:08:18 AM »
hey all i am new to this site. anyways i have a 08 se 700 raptor with monster duals, fuel atv intake, pc III, i had fuel moto custom map but i just recently switched to Krandalls monster map to see if its any better because when i checked my plug on fuel motos it was more white than light tan.. what i need to know is i have been riding for a about 2 weeks on this plug and no i didnt plug chop it but i just wanted a basic idea of what it was looking like mainly because a stock 450 gave me more trouble than i thought he should. anyways i just pulled it out and it showed what i said above. so i compared maps from fuel moto to krandalls and i saw that krandalls looked a little richer if i am correct because more of the numbers were higher on the grid!! so i put it on but i have not checked it since and was wondering anyones opinion???
08 GYTR SE 700
DMC Force 4 Duals
FCI Intake
PC 3
KDS evac valve
Dynatek Prog.
Full KDS Build

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: Plug Color - Map??
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 09:17:51 AM »
Yes, you're a tad lean, and larger numbers in the cell are higher percentages over stock additions to the fuel delivery.  Rich is always safer than lean, so I say give that map a try then do some more chops after an hour or two of riding.

Aaron

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 09:23:42 AM »
You could always try richening the map up by 2-3% and see how that looks.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Juggernaut_7

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 11:31:09 AM »
thanks guys if you dont mind me asking i am real new to the pc III program how do you richen 2-3%??? and on my race how much will getting the right amount of fuel to it help me? i mean i won but not by the amount i would like to see??
08 GYTR SE 700
DMC Force 4 Duals
FCI Intake
PC 3
KDS evac valve
Dynatek Prog.
Full KDS Build

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:56:31 AM »
Not sure how much it'll help getting the map spot on, it's real hard to give specifics.

When you are looking at the map in the PCIII Program. Highlight everything you see w/out a zero in it. and press the page up button. each time you press it, it increases by 1%.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once