Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 719 bore kit help please  (Read 5011 times)

Offline Busby

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
  • www.zazzle.com/busbyeie
    • Raptor Shirt's
Re: 719 bore kit help please
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 11:17:08 AM »
barker made inframes but they were not "true" inframes

??? I can't find the inframe exhausts from Barker's for the 660 only the 700, Do the 700's fit the 660 ?

no they do not  :(

:'( Ok Thanks for letting me know.

The man himself (Tim Barker) is a member/sponsor here, so you can ask about his dual setup. PM him for more info (member tbarker)
:rockon:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:23:44 AM by Busby »
www.zazzle.com/busbyeie "Funky Shirts"

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 01:25:55 PM »
I don't remember black with red frame on a 660. That didn't happen til last year with the 700 se. Correct me if I am wrong. I do remember white with red frame, though. ???

2005 UK 660 had the same red frame as the US white/red model but had all black plastic.

2005 Raptor 660 in the US

2005 YFM660R in the UK and many other countries

LTE makes good inframe dual exhausts, and while they aren't tested by many US riders I'm pretty sure Wileyco makes a decently priced set of duals as well.

What kind of engine you build is going to depend a lot on what you're doing with it.  Wide open dune machines need a strong midrange with a heavy helping of top end power, while trail machines benefit most from low end grunt and midrange power.

If you're really thinking of a complete build I'd call up Tim or CoalShed or Bob or Ken or one of the other builders.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:28:07 PM by Mad Dog »

Offline Busby

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
  • www.zazzle.com/busbyeie
    • Raptor Shirt's
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 05:45:18 AM »
Cool thanks for the info MADDOG  :thumbs: , I have been doing more research and with the things that have been explained to me with the help of the cool members on here I am more then likley going to have a 686 stealth kit build on the rappy and just try and get the setup so that it is mainly for trail riding but with a smooth power as much of the way through the ranges as I can, only thing I am trying to work out at the moment is things like suspension but I might just have the shocks re valved for my weight & for trails then get another set of used shocks and have them setup for dunes as I wont be going to the dunes that much but it is something that I definatley want to do.
www.zazzle.com/busbyeie "Funky Shirts"

Offline ctateusa

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 08:54:44 PM »
You might also want to look into the Monsterquad Inframe duals.  I just installed a set on my rappy 660 and I love the look and sound.

For further modding later they will clear the FCR 39s as well.

Offline scholle

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 07:43:38 PM »
 To say the 4mill is not dependable is incorrect. The stock rod is weak FACT. Call ANY shop and ask. Barkers has been building and making parts for these engines way before they were used in Raptors. Call Tim and get his opinion.
 Sure there have been some problems with the hot rods kits that I read about to. Most of them were on high strung race engines. I beat up a high stung 720 ( barkers 4 mill ) for 2 seasons. Last season on nitrous. NEVER had a problem. The engine saw nothing but WFO at sand drags all over the south.

Offline Tim Barker

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 08:39:16 AM »
By far, the 686 will be much more reliable.

PM one of our sponsors and see what they have in stock.

~Brian

I would use a stroker crank over a stock rod build everytime. If you do engine mods on the stock rod you are just asking for problems.

Barkers Performance
www.barkersexhaust.com

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 02:43:38 PM »
I'm building an HR +4mil 719 w/ a HotRods (CP) 10.5:1 right now with a stage 1 cam (will be changing to a stage 2 w/springs and maybe valves ASAP). I have a CT pipe, and stock carbs right now. Hopefully will have duals soon, possibly carbs ?

I'm building to run on pump gas, in open dunes and treeshots, along with the woods around here at home - I still need to be able to do technical stuff.
I have +2 arms installed and a +4 swinger @ the PC shop that should be coming back any day.

I'll let you know when everything's together and I've run her. I'll update longer term stuff too - especially if she dies :lol:

Oury grips & Yamalube