Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 2005 Raptor 660r intake kits  (Read 2739 times)

Offline 316RAPTOR

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: 2005 Raptor 660r intake kits
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 11:43:16 AM »
Proflow yo
BEER

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 01:39:01 PM »
check this out.....just like a ct that don't stick out and only $350

[attachment deleted by admin]
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline darkside94

• Street Cred: 3
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 08:24:03 PM »
well the only thing is i bet it doesnt perform just like a ct
The grammatically challenged's punching bag.

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
  • Street Cred: 2
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 02:37:58 PM »
pro-flow K&N with outterwear no air box and Yoshi full kit.    You have to jet different for each side due to the port setup on the 5 valve head. One side feeds 2 valves and the other side feeds 1 valve.
Gonna be stupid you better be tuff.  

Got duals ?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 07:12:34 PM »
pro-flow K&N with outterwear no air box and Yoshi full kit.    You have to jet different for each side due to the port setup on the 5 valve head. One side feeds 2 valves and the other side feeds 1 valve.

I wondered if that was why, but no one had ever explained it to me. right on brotha  :thumbs: Just for that, and the fact that you are posting outside of the "Anything goes" forum, you receive karma....
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 08:15:04 PM »
LOL still have 1 karma....   But thanks I have been trying to post outside the other areas.   I am somewhat of a help just waiting till I feel I need to open my mouth.     

Trust me I have been trouble shooting stuff around here for quite a bit.  Better when I have a quad on hand, than someone trying to help off of a explination.   

Anyways tear a few 660's down and these are the things that come easy.   Now torque sequences I am still learning.  LOL

Got duals ?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 11:27:04 PM »
LOL still have 1 karma....   But thanks I have been trying to post outside the other areas.   I am somewhat of a help just waiting till I feel I need to open my mouth.     

Trust me I have been trouble shooting stuff around here for quite a bit.  Better when I have a quad on hand, than someone trying to help off of a explination.   

Anyways tear a few 660's down and these are the things that come easy.   Now torque sequences I am still learning.  LOL

Just razzin ya. Your reply truly explained more than you think about how these things work. Everybody I talk to says "why do you need two carbs for one cyl." and "why the f... are you puttin two different size jets in there, tht's stupid" I always figured it was due to having odd number of valves, but not that one fed 3 and one fed 2. So thanks again. I hear ya on the learning part, that is half of the fun. Before I bought the rappy, barely knew what jetting even meant.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »
Actually there are 3 intake valves and 2 Exhaust.   On the intake Left side port feeds one valve and the right side feeds 2 valves. If you take off your carbs and boots you can see the valves and why they are that way.   Then you have 1 exhaust valve per port. For a total of 5 valves.

I think with this head design best power is made using 2 carbs.   Now if it had a single port and 3 valves then a single larger carb might net more power.   

Glad that it helped ya out!   

Got duals ?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 10:10:36 PM »
Actually there are 3 intake valves and 2 Exhaust.   On the intake Left side port feeds one valve and the right side feeds 2 valves. If you take off your carbs and boots you can see the valves and why they are that way.   Then you have 1 exhaust valve per port. For a total of 5 valves.

I think with this head design best power is made using 2 carbs.   Now if it had a single port and 3 valves then a single larger carb might net more power.   

Glad that it helped ya out!   

right on that is what I meant 1 and 2 not 2 and 3. I was thinking vtwin, 5 per head. :help:

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »
 :thumbs:     V-twin raptor....  hummmm  wonder what we could get out of that?  140hp? 

Got duals ?