SCREW HEADER BOLTS

Started by THIS ASS FOR RENT, November 05, 2011, 09:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THIS ASS FOR RENT

I've been having nothing but problems with the nuts and flanges on my exhaust studs.  I understand saving weight but the aluminium flanges are SO soft then just folded under the pressure and the bolts would back off.  Because my header pipes are so large it would take 8 years to tighten it back up :rolleyes: 1/16th turn at a time.... 

SO we barrowed :D a few flanges (steel) from a stock hyabusa header that was laying around and spent a lot of time making the hole bigger and reaming out the stud holes as they were offset too far out. 

Back to those damn bolts :mad: I HATE those bolts.  Did I mention the 1/16 at a time to tighten them up? :rolleyes:  If you ask why, look how close the head is to the header pipe.  Now imagine a bolt there and theres no room (hardly any) to put a wrench on it.  So Dale came up with the idea of improvising by pulling the studs alltogether and drive in allen bolts.  :thumbs: GOOD CALL DALE!  The Allen bolts are SO MUCH easier to thread in :D

BOOYA!!!

Dales396LT4

We don't need a stock hyabusa header any how... Looks as it should now..  This mod was long coming and now its  DONE!!