Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: I need some help  (Read 1945 times)

Offline NightMareBronco

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
I need some help
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:44:56 AM »
Im hoping im putting this in the right place but me and my buddy were wondering something. We are both looking into getting a new exhaust put on our bikes. We want them for the sound ONLY and not for the increased power. Now is it necessary for us to have the TFI units as well or can we get by without them. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: I need some help
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »
Im hoping im putting this in the right place but me and my buddy were wondering something. We are both looking into getting a new exhaust put on our bikes. We want them for the sound ONLY and not for the increased power. Now is it necessary for us to have the TFI units as well or can we get by without them. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks!

A slip on pipe only!!!!  (I recommend HMF for sound) "should" be okay with no efi modification. A full exhaust, I would get EFI controller.

Or just pull out your spark arrester (free) makes it sound much better, and a slight power increase.

And, if you open the intake at all, you will want it, or your bike will go lean and run hot. Like taking off the lid, and changing intake...

You will be feeding it alot more air, requiring more fuel.

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline NightMareBronco

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:31:30 AM »
Thanks we already pulled the spark arrestor out...we wanted to put dual exhausts on both bikes and we just didnt know if you absolutely needed the EFI/TFI units or not. I just know a few other people who have only had problems with their controllers and I didnt want to spend the money if it wasnt necessary...

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 01:28:36 PM »
Yep, A Slip on = Pulling the spark arrestor on the stock exhaust. If you keep the lid on the intake. You're fine. Once you start making it flow more than that. You'll be running lean and it's suggested that you get a fuel controller.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Yeepee kai ey marafaca!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »
With dual exhausts you will need a TFI programmer for sure
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:38:38 PM »
With dual exhausts you will need a TFI programmer for sure

that's a big 10-4 right there!!!!. Duals are flowing much better than single.....if you have the cash for duals....save some for the EFI

even cheap asses like me would do that :lol:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline denver dude

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 07:53:43 AM »
Tech Quad Shop has big 3 packages, intake, exhaust, fuel controller, that are actually fair priced compared to buying just one item at a time.  IMO, I would suggest to do the big 3 in a package deal, that way you don't have to worry about running the Rappy's lean.  Here is a link that you can take a look at. DD

http://www.tqsatv.com/products.php?cat=Raptor+700+Big+3

Racers Edge 777 Raptor  "YETTI"
2003 Kawasaki Lakota 300
BAD ASS 400ex

Don't let your battleship mouth override your rowboat ass.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 08:09:29 AM »
Also.. If you have some patience. MSD is working on an Ignition/Fuel Controller all-in-one device.. If you wait til that hits the shelves. I'd imagine that it will drive the price of the PC3 and PC5's down a LOT, so you'd be able to pick one up for cheap. That's what happened w/ the 450R's.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 08:43:05 AM »
Also.. If you have some patience. MSD is working on an Ignition/Fuel Controller all-in-one device.. If you wait til that hits the shelves. I'd imagine that it will drive the price of the PC3 and PC5's down a LOT, so you'd be able to pick one up for cheap. That's what happened w/ the 450R's.

this what Im hoping for 8)

Offline slowrappy08

• Email
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 08:52:35 PM »
lol if you want sound try to find a vinco/jvr single pipe! Loud :nod: