Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: motowoz or elka elite shocks.Poll please vote!!!  (Read 1769 times)

Offline shrimpy21

• Street Cred: 2
    • Email
motowoz or elka elite shocks.Poll please vote!!!
« on: November 13, 2009, 01:26:20 PM »
Some of you may know i dont know which shocks to have, to go with houser arms.If i go motowoz im having them customed coloured to black and red and arms are going to be red,all to match my 2008 se1

Please vote and give reasons why for the shocks you choose  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:29:54 PM by shrimpy21 »
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: motowoz or elka elite shocks.Poll please vote!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 01:46:45 PM »
shrimpers!  I am oting motowoz. they are proving themselves these days.  However, I do not care for the Max ground clearance a arms. they look silly. Good luck.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline shrimpy21

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »
shrimpers!  I am oting motowoz. they are proving themselves these days.  However, I do not care for the Max ground clearance a arms. they look silly. Good luck.

i knew you would be first peeler and you cant even do the poll  :rofl:
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 02:23:55 PM »
Your going to get way more Elka votes. They just have a bigger following and Motowoz are more expensive to boot or at least was when I bought mine.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Buddah

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 06:57:21 AM »
Set up is the key factor to all shock builders. If valved and sprung correctly for your specific riding and weight you'll be pleased with the shocks. If not, it could be a long haul before they are set up right for your needs. From my personal experience I wouldn't run Elkas ever again. Had a set on my old '01 660 Raptor when Elka was getting there foot in the door with the quads. They worked ok but needed improvement. Since then I've owned two other sets and never performed up to my expectations. Had Axis and Works in the past and was happy with those shocks as well. Not brand loyal at all, just trying different shocks at times over the years 

I gave Motowoz a shot last year and couldn't be happier. The set up was dead on from day one. ( More than I can say for Elka ). I had an unfortunate accident and one of the shocks was destroyed. I sent both in for repair and servive and Jim sent them back 2nd Priority mail on his dime. Also enclosed some stickers, wrench, and tech notes. What more could you ask for?

Go with Motowoz

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:09:15 AM by Buddah »

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »
Set up is the key factor to all shock builders. If valved and sprung correctly for your specific riding and weight you'll be pleased with the shocks. If not, it could be a long haul before they are set up right for your needs. From my personal experience I wouldn't run Elkas ever again.

So you just said that you not brand loyal, and you still suggest Motowoz?

Like you said before, setup, valving, and spring rates play a huge roll in all shocks. All the shocks companys use 99.9% the same design, just different colors and manufacturing methods. You say that the shocks needed improvement, then why did'nt you improve them. I've had my shocks back to elka a couple of times to have them look at it, both times I've never had a single complaint. Keep in mind they are in Canada and some times items take a while to cross the boarder.

The difference between my shocks and a off the shelf elka is that I've spent countless hours and way too much money getting the valving SPOT ON!!! I'm not talking, "I weigh this much and ride this terrain" type of deal. Its a calculated guess, assemble the shocks, take it to the track, if I dont like it, take it back to the shop and start from scratch. Do that over and over till you you have them EXACTLY where you like it.

I could have done this throug Elka, but I like dealing with WiigStyle. Every time I've called elka they have been more than happy to help me out, even though I did'nt buy the shock from them. At first I called them up wanting to know exactly what type of shock I had, because they were on the quad when I bought it. They never once gave me the feeling like "you did'nt buy it form us, so we should'nt have to help you".

I've ridden on alot of shocks and always feel at home on my shitty old cheap Elkas. (Non-elite)
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Buddah

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 03:41:20 PM »
I did send my Elkas back to them for a revalve, still didn't feel right. I had a set of Elite Dune additions that didn't perform to my expectations. Sent them to another reputable shock builder for a revalve as well, same result. That's why I will never own another set, just my personal experience. There's plenty of happy Elka owners out there and that's great, I'm not one of them

Like I said, not brand loyal. The topic was started Motowoz or Elka and I recommended my choice
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:43:08 PM by Buddah »

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 04:07:49 PM »
Yeah Shawn, you BUTTFACE!!  :nod:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline shrimpy21

• Email
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 01:57:20 PM »
Come on people only 11 votes,must be more peeps out there who have a preference on elka or motowoz
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers

Offline Caliraptor

• Street Cred: 1
  • My Personal UPS Chick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 09:20:22 PM »
i cant vote between the both because i havent tried the motowoz, but i have elka elites on my bike. i bought them used on ebay for $450, came with extra springs n stuff, i played around with the springs, cross overs and all the other adjustments until i got them to perform the best on the a-arms i was running. now that i switched to different a-arms id say they are working at their best right now. the adjustment on the elka elites ( preload, rebound, hi/ compression, quad-rate, crossover adjustable) gives it almost endless adjustments to work on. i dont know what motowoz offers on their shocks but they do look nice and goin by their price they must be pretty bad ass. but idk ive never tried them
Skipping class and tapping ass