Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Fox Floats  (Read 10266 times)

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Fox Floats
« on: May 14, 2008, 03:33:53 PM »
Are Fox floats good for GNCC?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 10:51:01 AM by Colorado700R »

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
Re: Fox Floats
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 07:15:34 AM »
I would rather go with a "spring" shock due to the fact if you blow a valve you are DONE with the fox set up. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Yamahauler

• Street Cred: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 06:54:01 PM »
^+1
I would stick with the spring shock too. Just my opinion though.  :nana:
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blingstar Victoty Bumper
PRM-Products Grab Bar
ASV C5 Levers
Dr. D Reverse Lever
Tusk Power Pull Tether Kill Switch
GYTR Intake
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust
AC Nerfs
Shockwear Shock Covers
Iridium Plug
Razr-2s
Renthal 15 Tooth Front Sprocket
Protaper Bars

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »
I would rather go with a "spring" shock due to the fact if you blow a valve you are DONE with the fox set up. 
Would it be a valve that fails or a seal?

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 09:23:01 AM »

I couldn't agree more. What is the cost difference between these and other brands?

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline yfm700lover

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 01:56:20 PM »
they are top dollar shocks. right there with custom axis motowoz, custom elka exc. as far as cost
06 raptor meny mods!

it not how fast you can go its how fast you get going!

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 10:45:23 PM »
Not sure about GNCC but I got them on my sled and they rock! :grin_nod:

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 08:39:34 AM »
fox floats i'm pretty sure are compression adjustable only.....just one more thing to consider
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline downfour

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 04:53:05 PM »
never rode anything with them..   i would opt for the motowoz over these..   just my 2..      i think the motowoz are sexy..   :jerkoff:

Offline pdxmatt

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 11:02:47 AM »
fox floats i'm pretty sure are compression adjustable only.....just one more thing to consider

Float Evol DSC's are dual speed comp and rebound adjustable. And about $1500 a set.

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 07:03:54 AM »

Float Evol DSC's are dual speed comp and rebound adjustable. And about $1500 a set.

Motowoz retail for about that, but TQS can get them for much less.  I would feel better with the motowoz now that I've tried them.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline pdxmatt

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 08:03:43 AM »

Motowoz retail for about that, but TQS can get them for much less.  I would feel better with the motowoz now that I've tried them.

Ya, I just ordered a Motowoz rear yesterday. Ended up paying about $200 less than I could get a Fox Podium for. And on the floats, you hear alot of stories about people getting blown seals and whatnot, but pro motocross teams are still switching to them. Makes you wonder if they're using better quality parts for the pros. Either that or the pro teams just rebuild them constantly so it's not an issue.

I like the look and the lightness of the floats, but when I get +2 a-arms later this year, I expect I'll be able to get Motowoz fronts for quite a bit less than the floats.

Can't wait for my new rear to get here.

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 08:18:13 AM »

Ya, I just ordered a Motowoz rear yesterday. Ended up paying about $200 less than I could get a Fox Podium for. And on the floats, you hear alot of stories about people getting blown seals and whatnot, but pro motocross teams are still switching to them. Makes you wonder if they're using better quality parts for the pros. Either that or the pro teams just rebuild them constantly so it's not an issue.

I like the look and the lightness of the floats, but when I get +2 a-arms later this year, I expect I'll be able to get Motowoz fronts for quite a bit less than the floats.

The reason the race teams are using them is because I'm sure fox is paying BIG money to have them ride it.  And I'm sure they are rebuilt after every race.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 01:16:08 PM »

The reason the race teams are using them is because I'm sure fox is paying BIG money to have them ride it.  And I'm sure they are rebuilt after every race.

I can almost guarentee that all the pro's shocks are completely rebuilt after every race.  At that level of compitetion, you don't take chances.

Aaron

Offline fire raptor

• Street Cred: 9
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
We eliminated the Fox shocks because of where we ride. If you are 200 miles from no where and a air seal blows you are stuck! If you have a spring type shock you can slow down and limp in. I spoke to Fox on the phone and they did verify that this could happen . We use Elkas but it is all personal like and dislike when it comes to shocks. I saw a Raptor at the San Felipe Score 250 with fox shocks and he finished. I just want to eliminate one more factor that could strand us.