Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: for sale section  (Read 690 times)

Offline shookie

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
for sale section
« on: June 05, 2008, 06:09:20 PM »
from another site. Just a thought. You would have to change some things but....
In order to prevent people from specifically joining the Forums just to sell their equipment or guns and also to prevent possible fraud, folks will no longer be allowed to post in the Classifieds forum until they have 15 posts.

Too many folks are joining the forums only to sell their stuff. We have a very good group of people on the boards and I do not want to jeopardize them in any way.

I pulled one post tonight and I am notifying everyone that I will do the same if you do not follow these simple guidelines.

(Edit by Shane) If you are selling items for commission for other companies please contact the Forum Admins before doing so. Shane

Thanks for your understanding.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:17:25 PM by shookie »
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: for sale section
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 06:20:56 PM »
I understand the concern with hit and run sellers.  That being said, if they are selling stuff that is of intrest to our members, I believe it to be benefical.

Also, post count doesn't equal trustworthiness, or honor as far as sales transactions go.  I've seen plenty of long time members on other forums hose fellow members out of cash and/or merchandise.

I suggest that if anyone has concerns about purchasing a product from another member, contact myself or the Admins prior to sending money.  Although we will not be taking responsiblity for any trancation issues, perhaps we can help mediate a solution (IE Mod/Admins will gather important info on both parties so if an issue arises we can provide detailed info to track down the offender) PRIOR to the transaction.

Good post though, shookie  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:43:30 PM by Colorado700R »