Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 4x4 Raptor  (Read 2409 times)

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
Re: 4x4 Raptor
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 08:28:50 PM »
I really don't know why you think IRS weighs that much the new Outlaw is 8lbs less than your Rappys. The one I own is 1lbs less than the Rappy. It corners great also ???
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline ctateusa

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 08:38:27 PM »
I have to say,  I learned riding dirtbikes using clutches.  I have no problem running with them in tight trails but when it comes to having to slow crawl over rocks and trying to get up ledges the wolvy 450 does it much easier  :grin_nod:

But since I got the rappy I passed down the old 450 to my wife(actually she stole it long ago, and I was forced to ride the old 250 moto 4)

I like the auto especially when you get to deep water or mud as you can throw your feet on the seat and keep your boots dry.

I havent had any problems with my auto but some people have in the past.  I dont think yamaha has had too many problems with belts.

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 08:41:33 PM »
I can't say hear or there on it. She has never been in any situation like that with it, but what I can say it has given us no problems.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 05:20:56 AM »
There is demand for a true sport 4x4.  The best we have now are the anemic wolverine and expensive renegades, both of which are essentially utility quads without racks.  Both have utility powerplants and drivetrains and the weight and handling show it.

While I'm not sure the 700R is really the best platform for such a machine and I know that the price would make KTM's look cheap there is certainly a lot to be said for such a machine.  The polaris outlaw isn't impressive to me with IRS, but as a 4x4 with a good powerplant that would have me thinking.

I really like the Polaris with IRS. As a matter of fact I like it so much I found this for my next raptor....
http://www.sonicoffroad.com/Atv%20IRS.html

then your Raptor can weigh the same as the new Honda 700XX.  :clap:  $4k?  :slap:
I just like the concept of IRS. Feels good and absorbs ruts well, however body roll does suck. Yeah $4k is way to high, There is a kit out there for around 1300.00.

I never said the sonic kit was bad, just expensive.  If you're looking for IRS on something that isn't an outlaw that's the way to go.  I would be afraid to ride a quad with a 1300 dollar kit on it.

Offline monster757

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 08:08:27 PM »
the only thing i dont like about auto-trannys is the slipping. Honda's have esp which i thought was cool on my old rancher because when i plowed the driveway i could put it in first and have a lot of torque.

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 08:14:15 PM »
the only thing i dont like about auto-trannys is the slipping. Honda's have esp which i thought was cool on my old rancher because when i plowed the driveway i could put it in first and have a lot of torque.

That could just be the case of a honda being a honda.  I grew up on a 1991 king quad and I tore the crap out of that quad.  Its still on the same tranny and running strong.  The rest of the quad is about dead but the engine is smooth and the tranny shifts great. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum