Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Quote O' The Day  (Read 140861 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Quote O' The Day
« Reply #2190 on: June 28, 2012, 02:54:33 PM »
[Today at 02:17:56 PM] del ban Geo: people like that deserve to eb attacked by bath salt zombies
[Today at 02:18:03 PM] del ban PeelsSE2: <volunteer
[Today at 02:18:11 PM] del ban PeelsSE2: in the mood for some fresh face and eyeballs
[Today at 02:18:34 PM] del ban PeelsSE2: fukin calorie counting bullshit, i need some protein LOL
[Today at 02:18:49 PM] del ban PeelsSE2: wonder if "faces" is listed on my fitness app?

qotd myself. so proud  :lol:

First laughing at your own jokes,
now quoting your own words,
whats next sucking your own dick?   :(
have some dignity man!
:rofl:

shut yer cockholster!

how do you even use the word dignity?....that's like Jeezus saying the word f*ck!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:01:01 PM by PeelsSE2 »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2191 on: June 29, 2012, 08:33:13 AM »
"A man's vanity tells him what is honor, a man's conscience what is justice." -Walter Savage Landor

Walter Savage Landor was an English writer who is most remembered for the prose series Imaginary Conversations, from which this quote comes. The six-volume work, which Landor wrote while living in Florence, contains fictional dialogues with famous figures from that city and from elsewhere in antiquity. Landor invents and attributes various sayings to them that are commensurate with their character. "Men, like nails, lose their usefulness when they lose their direction and begin to bend: such nails are then thrown into the dust or into the furnace," Landor imagines Cromwell saying.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2192 on: July 03, 2012, 07:27:09 AM »
"A man's got to work for more than himself and his kids to feel right." -John Dos Passos

This quote is from The 42nd Parallel, the first book in Dos Passos' U.S.A. Trilogy, which went on to include 1919 and The Big Money. The novels deal with the political climate of the United States leading up to World War I. The trilogy was a literary experiment -- the collection included newspaper clippings, biographies of major figures alive at the time of the novels and a "Newsreels" section that contained headlines and song lyrics. The Modern Library ranked the trilogy 23rd on its list of the 100 best English Language novels of the 20th century.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2193 on: July 03, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »
[Today at 01:37:05 PM] Geo: u gingerbread sack of sunlight avoiding rock licker

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2194 on: July 05, 2012, 07:28:05 AM »
"Man lives only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of his life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed. This mortal life is a little thing, lived in a little corner of the earth." -Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius was the last of what Machiavelli called the "Five Good Emperors"-- those emperors who ruled justly and effectively (all of whom were coincidentally adopted, while Rome's most disastrous rulers inherited the throne by birthright).

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2195 on: July 06, 2012, 07:08:36 AM »
"He who has no character is not a man but a thing." -Chamfort

Born Sebastien-Roch Nicolas, Chamfort was an 18th-century French writer mostly remembered for his aphorisms.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2196 on: July 09, 2012, 07:31:16 AM »
"Wealth is an inborn attitude of mind, like poverty. The pauper who has made his pile may flaunt his spoils but cannot wear them plausibly." -Jean Cocteau

This quote is from Les Enfants Terribles, a 1929 novel that went on to inspire a film and a Philip Glass opera. The titular characters are a brother and sister -- Paul and Elisabeth -- whose perpetual game of one-upmanship characterizes their entire lives.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2197 on: July 10, 2012, 07:30:16 AM »
"A man enjoys the pleasure he feels, a woman the pleasure she bestows." -Pierre Choderlos de Laclos

The 18th-century novelist is best known for Les Liaisons dangereuses, the epistolary novel on which the 1985 play and 1988 movie are based.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2198 on: July 11, 2012, 07:15:50 AM »
"He who has no poetry in himself will find poetry in nothing." -Joseph Joubert

Jourbert was an essayist who, despite his talents, never actually published his writing in his own lifetime; his various notes and correspondence were published posthumously.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2199 on: July 12, 2012, 08:29:28 AM »
"No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a ticket in his pocket." -Rex Stout

Rex Stout was one of the most influential authors of American detective fiction. He was the creator of the iconic private eye Nero Wolfe, who appeared in dozens of novels and short stories over Stout's long career. The above quote, from Some Buried Caesar, is by Wolfe's assistant, Archie Goodwin, who serves as the Watson to Wolfe's Holmes.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2200 on: July 13, 2012, 10:35:43 AM »
"The great man is the man who can get himself made and who will get himself made out of anything he finds at hand. If success cannot do it, he makes failure do it." -Gerald Stanley Lee

Lee was an early 20th-century author, publisher and clergyman. This line comes from his book Crowds: A Moving-Picture of Democracy, in which Lee attempts to define the social endeavors of a genuinely great man. "The average man in a crowd does not want to be an average man, and the last thing he wants is to have an average man to represent him," Lee continues. "He wants a man to represent him as he would like to be. The great world that lies in all men's hearts is expressed in miniature, in the great man... Crowds speak in heroes."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2201 on: July 13, 2012, 03:55:31 PM »
Today at 04:54:39 PM] del ban _Spartan727: FODW STUMPS

[Today at 04:54:44 PM] del ban _Hefe: :rofl:

[Today at 04:54:48 PM] del ban _Hefe: ERMAHGERD laughed out loud

[Today at 04:54:53 PM] del ban _Magz: :lol:

[Today at 04:55:05 PM] del ban _Kamakazi: epic LOL's

[Today at 04:55:11 PM] del ban _Kamakazi: I once fuked a yak

[Today at 04:55:12 PM] del ban _Magz: I keep clicking the names to see who is who

[Today at 04:55:16 PM] del ban _Kamakazi: it was cold, and I was lonely

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2202 on: July 15, 2012, 09:16:02 AM »
Today at 04:54:39 PM] del ban _Spartan727: FODW STUMPS

[Today at 04:54:44 PM] del ban _Hefe: :rofl:

[Today at 04:54:48 PM] del ban _Hefe: ERMAHGERD laughed out loud

[Today at 04:54:53 PM] del ban _Magz: :lol:

[Today at 04:55:05 PM] del ban _Kamakazi: epic LOL's

[Today at 04:55:11 PM] del ban _Kamakazi: I once fuked a yak

[Today at 04:55:12 PM] del ban _Magz: I keep clicking the names to see who is who

[Today at 04:55:16 PM] del ban _Kamakazi: it was cold, and I was lonely

that was epic LOL's.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #2203 on: July 16, 2012, 08:36:43 AM »
it got a lil confusing for a bit!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2204 on: July 16, 2012, 08:38:09 AM »
specially when I started re-changing names :lol:

When people do not respect us, we are sharply offended; yet deep down in his private heart, no man much respects himself." -Mark Twain

Like most of the aphorisms in Following the Equator, this one is attributed to "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" (Pudd'nhead Wilson being a Twain character from the novel of the same name). Twain wrote Following the Equator while he traveled through the British Empire. His tour was conceived as a way for Twain to both write and give lectures so that he could recover from a disastrous financial investment in a typesetting company.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: