Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Quote O' The Day  (Read 141163 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Quote O' The Day
« Reply #1380 on: February 01, 2011, 12:16:16 PM »
[Today at 01:15:31 PM] del ban troywcc: Im gonna eat goat pussy and then on to its asshole

[Today at 01:15:50 PM] del ban troywcc: just sayin

wish I could say this was a quote change.... :help:

:rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1381 on: February 01, 2011, 04:06:24 PM »
Today at 05:03:55 PM] Colorado700R: thursday, Shawn's folks resturant peeler?

[Today at 05:04:02 PM] PeelsSE2: Yeah I think Im in.

[Today at 05:04:12 PM] PeelsSE2: might bring the whole fam damily 

[Today at 05:04:14 PM] Colorado700R: sweet, I'll bring the astroglide

[Today at 05:04:23 PM] PeelsSE2: LOL

[Today at 05:04:26 PM] Colorado700R: whoops...bad timing 

[Today at 05:04:34 PM] PeelsSE2: about to say....

hmmm maybe I shouldnt bring them. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #1382 on: February 01, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
I'll bring it anyway....just in case :lol:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1383 on: February 02, 2011, 07:58:12 AM »
"The human male associates with his fellows less by desire than by habit... in his heart he is a solitary individual, pitted heroically against the world." -Will Durant

Will Durant is perhaps best known for The Story of Civilization, from which this quote comes -- a 10,000-page series covering world history from the ancient world through the modern era (the series' 11 volumes were written over the course of 40 years, between 1935 and 1975). Man does not choose society because he wants to, Durant explains: "He combines with other men because isolation endangers him, and because there are many things that can be done better together than alone."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1384 on: February 03, 2011, 08:23:20 AM »
"Man is a noble animal, splendid in ashes and pompous in the grave." -Thomas Browne

English author Thomas Browne wrote several works that are ostensibly about one subject, but use it as a launching point for expansive philosophical reflections (he also wrote Religio Medici, a sort of early memoir). This quote comes from Hydriotaphia, Urn Burial, in which Browne turns from a practically journalistic examination of newly discovered Roman urns to a reflection on the human condition and the life of man: "Happy are they whom privacy makes innocent, who deal so with men in this world, that they are not afraid to meet them in the next; who, when they die, make no commotion among the dead."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #1385 on: February 06, 2011, 07:34:58 PM »
Talking about my new YFZ...

[Today at 09:23:59 PM] Spartan727: I keep wondering wtf have I gotten myself into now
[Today at 09:25:01 PM] Mad Dog: Remember to turn the gas off when you're not riding it
[Today at 09:25:16 PM] Spartan727: Even sitting in the back?
[Today at 09:25:21 PM] Mad Dog: always
[Today at 09:25:27 PM] Spartan727: oh...brb then
[Today at 09:25:31 PM] Mad Dog: :lol:
[Today at 09:25:35 PM] funyun: :lol:
[Today at 09:25:49 PM] Mad Dog: that seriously makes my night :rofl:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1386 on: February 07, 2011, 09:12:01 AM »
:rofl:

"All censure of a man's self is oblique praise. It is in order to show how much he can spare." -Samuel Johnson

The influential 18th-century English writer Samuel Johnson was single-handedly responsible for one of the first major English dictionaries, as well as a series of essays, poetry, biographies and works about great literature. His personal life was, however, overshadowed by little-understood health problems; he survived testicular cancer and tuberculosis, and lived his life with what is now believed to have been Tourette's syndrome (for his part, Johnson -- commonly referred to as "Dr. Johnson" -- assumed that he was going mad). This line is attributed to Johnson in the Life of Samuel Johnson, James Boswell's biography of the writer, and one of the most important biographies written in English.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1387 on: February 08, 2011, 07:29:11 AM »
"Life is easy to chronicle, but bewildering to practice." -E. M. Forster

This line is from A Room With a View, Forster's 1908 novel critiquing Victorian society (which was on its way out) and contrasting it with Edwardian society (on its way in). Forster was a lifelong humanist, and though he began A Room With a View at a young age -- probably in his early 20s -- the novel deals with all the themes that would come to characterize his writing: romance, culture, a vague societal optimism, and a desire for freedom from restrictive tradition.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1388 on: February 09, 2011, 08:28:25 AM »
"Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing it is always from the noblest motives." -Oscar Wilde

The 19th-century Irish writer's aphorisms have much to say on the subject of stupidity and the general population, for whom Wilde had little regard. "Vulgarity and stupidity are two very vivid facts in modern life," Wilde wrote. "One regrets them, naturally. But there they are. They are subjects for study, like everything else." As well as indulging in critical misanthropy, Wilde reserved space for dismissive wit: "Women are made to be loved, not to be understood."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1389 on: February 09, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
[Today at 03:11:51 PM] del ban SegKast: Hey peels... I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin, but I'd kinna like to make love to you tonight   :shrug:

[Today at 03:12:00 PM] del ban PeelsSE2: what in the shit

[Today at 03:12:03 PM] del ban PeelsSE2: :lol:

[Today at 03:12:20 PM] del ban PeelsSE2: <checks his schedule>

[Today at 03:12:23 PM] del ban PeelsSE2: :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1390 on: February 09, 2011, 02:28:07 PM »
LOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you need to warn a fella before you quote movies like that :homo:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1391 on: February 10, 2011, 09:12:14 AM »
"Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated." -Ernest Hemingway

This quote is from The Old Man and the Sea, Hemingway's novella about a Cuban fisherman struggling to return home with an enormous marlin. The novella is one of the last pieces of fiction Hemingway published in his lifetime; he won the Pulitzer Prize for the story, and it catapulted him back into literary celebrity (as well helping him win the Nobel Prize). However, Hemingway spent the next decade overcoming various illnesses, and his mental health deteriorated along with his physical health. The author eventually committed suicide in 1961.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1392 on: February 11, 2011, 08:53:15 AM »
"The natural role of 20th-century man is anxiety." -Norman Mailer

In his 1957 article "The White Negro," the 20th-century American writer addresses the endless suffering of man. "If the fate of 20th-century man is to live with death from adolescence to premature senescence," then the only livable answer is to adopt "the life where a man must go until he is beat, where he must gamble with his energies through all those small or large crises of courage and unforeseen situations which beset his day." While the New York Times review of Mailer's novel The Naked and the Dead, which he wrote at the age of 25, admitted his writing was ambitious and ruthlessly honest, it also referred to the book as "washed up by the choppy waters of disillusionment," indicative of the sort of countercultural positions Mailer often championed.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1393 on: February 14, 2011, 08:46:52 AM »
"I insist that the object of all true education is not to make men carpenters, it is to make carpenters men." -W. E. B. Du Bois

Du Bois, a 20th-century intellectual leader, proposed that there are two ways to "make carpenters men" in "The Talented Tenth," his essay on the state of education for black men. The first is to provide a man and his community with "teachers and leaders to teach him and his family what life means," and the second, "to give him sufficient intelligence and technical skill to make him an efficient workman." According to Du Bois, education and work are the means to uplift a people. "Work alone will not do it unless inspired by the right ideals and guided by intelligence."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #1394 on: February 14, 2011, 10:41:48 AM »
Today at 08:40:46 AM] Krandall: funyun, grown ups are talking.
Oury grips & Yamalube