Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Quote O' The Day  (Read 141159 times)

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
Re: Quote O' The Day
« Reply #1245 on: November 08, 2010, 12:58:31 PM »
Beetlejuice or Betelgeuse depending on how you like to spell it :lol:

What ever you do, dont say it a third time :lol:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1246 on: November 08, 2010, 01:30:53 PM »
Beetlejuice or Betelgeuse depending on how you like to spell it :lol:

What ever you do, dont say it a third time :lol:

It's showtime!!!!!!!!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #1247 on: November 08, 2010, 01:31:37 PM »
We come for your daughter 8)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1248 on: November 10, 2010, 07:55:19 AM »
'All our best men are laughed at in this nightmare world.' -Jack Kerouac

This line is from "Running Through/Chinese Poem Song," in Kerouac's Pomes All Sizes. The poem was written during Kerouac's later career, after he'd found success with On The Road; the manuscript for Pomes All Sizes was finished a few years before Kerouac's untimely death at the age of 47, after a lifetime of alcoholism. "Running Through" is a stream-of-consciousness lament in Kerouac's typical style, if a little more bleak: "We cant just die -- Men need wine & poetry at least."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #1249 on: November 10, 2010, 09:17:41 AM »
Sixty years ago, the United States Marine Corps—as it has throughout our history—demonstrated its vital role as America’s Expeditionary Force in Readiness. Just weeks after North Korean Communist forces crossed the 38th Parallel, the First Marine Provisional Brigade landed in South Korea, forming the backbone of the perimeter around the city of Pusan. The efforts of the “Fire Brigade” at Pusan allowed for the daring amphibious landing at Inchon and set the stage for one of the most savage campaigns in our Corps’ history—the Chosin Reservoir. As we pause to celebrate our 235th Birthday, we pay special tribute to the Marines of the Korean War and recognize their contributions to our enduring legacy.

This past year marked the end of Marine Corps combat operations in Iraq. Beginning with the invasion in March 2003 and through the next seven years of fighting, our Corps acquitted itself valiantly in the Anbar province and throughout the country. Locations such as Fallujah and Ramadi have taken their place in the illustrious battle history of our Corps. Our efforts in defeating the insurgency helped to build a brighter future for all Iraqis.

For 235 years, at sea and ashore, Marines have succeeded in every clime and place . . . where hardship and adversity have often been the common thread. Today, in the rugged mountains and valleys of Afghanistan—and recently in earthquake-damaged Haiti . . . in flood-ravaged Pakistan . . . or off the coast of Africa—we continue to protect our Nation, just as we did 60 years ago in Korea.

To the Marines and Sailors deployed overseas, to those training and preparing for their next deployment and to the warriors who no longer wear our uniform . . . we honor your selfless service to the Nation. To our loved ones who endure the many difficulties that come with being part of the Marine Family, I want to extend my sincerest thanks for all you have done and all you continue to do.

Happy 235th Birthday, Marines!

Semper Fidelis,

James F. Amos
General, U.S. Marine Corps

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #1250 on: November 10, 2010, 12:54:45 PM »
:cheers:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #1251 on: November 10, 2010, 02:35:19 PM »
      “I have a simple philosophy. Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. And scratch where it itches.”
 Alice Roosevelt 

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1252 on: November 10, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »
Today at 02:39:17 PM] PeelsSE2: "i kissed a man?" 

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #1253 on: November 10, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »
[Today at 02:39:17 PM] PeelsSE2: i kissed a man?

Did I even need to post that or was it a given?
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1254 on: November 10, 2010, 02:42:32 PM »
off to take my "crying game" shower  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #1255 on: November 10, 2010, 03:03:53 PM »
off to take my "crying game" shower  :lol:
while listening to "It's Raining men!"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #1256 on: November 10, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »
Today at 03:19:09 PM] del ban preddy08: So whats coloring books code for?

[Today at 03:19:22 PM] del ban PeelsSE2: strap on

[Today at 03:19:32 PM] del ban preddy08: Freekin crystal still has coloring books  

[Today at 03:19:42 PM] del ban PeelsSE2: she has strap ons?

[Today at 03:19:49 PM] del ban PeelsSE2: noted.

[Today at 03:19:49 PM] del ban Colorado700R: :rofl:

Offline russ-russ

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I am Epic Win.
    • Email
« Reply #1257 on: November 11, 2010, 12:11:41 AM »
Sixty years ago, the United States Marine Corps—as it has throughout our history—demonstrated its vital role as America’s Expeditionary Force in Readiness. Just weeks after North Korean Communist forces crossed the 38th Parallel, the First Marine Provisional Brigade landed in South Korea, forming the backbone of the perimeter around the city of Pusan. The efforts of the “Fire Brigade” at Pusan allowed for the daring amphibious landing at Inchon and set the stage for one of the most savage campaigns in our Corps’ history—the Chosin Reservoir. As we pause to celebrate our 235th Birthday, we pay special tribute to the Marines of the Korean War and recognize their contributions to our enduring legacy.

This past year marked the end of Marine Corps combat operations in Iraq. Beginning with the invasion in March 2003 and through the next seven years of fighting, our Corps acquitted itself valiantly in the Anbar province and throughout the country. Locations such as Fallujah and Ramadi have taken their place in the illustrious battle history of our Corps. Our efforts in defeating the insurgency helped to build a brighter future for all Iraqis.

For 235 years, at sea and ashore, Marines have succeeded in every clime and place . . . where hardship and adversity have often been the common thread. Today, in the rugged mountains and valleys of Afghanistan—and recently in earthquake-damaged Haiti . . . in flood-ravaged Pakistan . . . or off the coast of Africa—we continue to protect our Nation, just as we did 60 years ago in Korea.

To the Marines and Sailors deployed overseas, to those training and preparing for their next deployment and to the warriors who no longer wear our uniform . . . we honor your selfless service to the Nation. To our loved ones who endure the many difficulties that come with being part of the Marine Family, I want to extend my sincerest thanks for all you have done and all you continue to do.

Semper Fidelis,

James F. Amos

The wifey's grandfather talks about this when he gets a few beers in him.  He was at Chosin Reservoir and has some interesting stories to tell.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1258 on: November 11, 2010, 08:44:32 AM »
'Men dream of women. Women dream of themselves being dreamt of.' -John Berger

John Berger is a painter, art critic and author who won the Booker Prize for his novel G. The art text Ways of Seeing, from which this quote comes, is also a BBC documentary series; it deals with, in part, the way the female nude has been represented throughout the history of visual media. Part of Berger's thesis in its second installment, Painting Nudes and Women, is that women draw identity from the way they're perceived: "Women constantly meet glances which act like mirrors reminding them of how they look or how they should look."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #1259 on: November 11, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »

Semper Fidelis,

James F. Amos

The wifey's grandfather talks about this when he gets a few beers in him.  He was at Chosin Reservoir and has some interesting stories to tell.

I bet! 1 Marine Division vs. 10 Chinese divisions.....it's amazing that there is anyone left to tell stories!

Those guys were hard core!