Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124999 times)

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Yeepee kai ey marafaca!
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #750 on: September 22, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »
Good catch!!! Oh peelsy!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #751 on: September 22, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »
It's a growing crisis all around us that affects the very way we communicate. We're talking about typos: not the kind you find in emails, but the ones we see in signs all around our neighborhoods.

exactly.

great link seggie!!

this part is a little extreme, but is part of my point: why am I in the wrong for correcting improper English. Are we not American? :rofl: 1000's of people a day complain about having to see things bilingual(english and spanish), due to immigration. But many of those exact people can't even handle their own language. :lol:  The funny part is: Mexican immigrants are SOMETIMES learning proper english, some better than non immigrants. :lol: :confused:

for example.....redneck quote I read once once:

"them mexicans ain't learning no dang English, they ain't got no right being here"  seriously? How do you complain about a language you don't even know?

done :lol:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:56:55 AM by PeelsSE2 »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #752 on: September 22, 2010, 03:34:21 PM »
Funny thing is...on another site that I am on and moderate, the people from other countries like Spain, Argentina, Amsterdam, even China have better grasp of English than some people on this site in the states....Also sad :(

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #753 on: September 22, 2010, 04:31:10 PM »
I ain't speak no English damnit, I ain't no Brit...

I speaks American.

:rofl:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Yeepee kai ey marafaca!
    • Email
« Reply #754 on: September 22, 2010, 04:31:37 PM »
Hehehehee I'm not from the US and really flinch when I read prolly (instead of probably), duals (instead of duals) and could of (instead of could have) and when I look on location I see they are from the US.... funny really.
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #756 on: September 23, 2010, 07:33:41 AM »
KATHMANDU (Reuters) – A car said to have been a gift from Adolf Hitler  to a Nepali king will be repaired and used to drive visitors around the grounds of a palace museum, a government official said on Thursday.

The 1939 Mercedes Benz was presented by the Nazi leader to King Tribhuvan, grandfather of Nepal's last King Gyanendra, deposed two years ago.

It has been stored at an old palace garage for more than five years, after being abandoned by an engineering college that had been using it for classes.

Authorities said the doors, seats and bonnet were damaged.

Mod Raj Dotel, a Ministry of Culture official, said the equivalent of $537,000 was being sought from the government to restore both the car and a chariot once used by King Tribhuvan.

"The idea is to repair them so visitors can drive in the car and ride the royal chariot," Dotel told Reuters.

"This will be more attractive to visitors and will also give people a feel of the political change the country has undergone."

In 2008, a specially elected assembly dominated by Maoist former rebels overwhelmingly voted to abolish the 239-year-old monarchy, turning the majority-Hindu nation into a secular republic.

Gyanendra's pagoda-roofed palace has since been made into a museum.

The car was initially carried to the Nepali capital Kathmandu by laborers at a time when automobiles in the city were scarce and the mountainous capital was several days' walk from the outside world.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #757 on: September 23, 2010, 08:05:26 AM »
Hehehehee I'm not from the US and really flinch when I read prolly (instead of probably), duals (instead of duals) and could of (instead of could have) and when I look on location I see they are from the US.... funny really.

;) +1

especially the could of part. :rolleyes: :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #758 on: September 23, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »
Help my breaks don't work anymore

Offline disco

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 9
« Reply #759 on: September 23, 2010, 07:30:14 PM »
are they single circuit or duel circuit? 
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #760 on: September 23, 2010, 08:37:20 PM »
peels,

hope the wife is okay.

Florida Woman Uses Lighter To Illuminate Meth Lab, Kaboom

28 year old Jamie Griffin was taking a late night stroll through her neighborhood when she spotted a garbage can that looked like it could have been used to store methamphetamine.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like Jamie has seen too many cop shows because she used a lighter to get a better look at the meth cooking trash can.

When she struck a lighter to take a better look, the chemicals exploded, causing minor burns to her face. A friend called rescue workers from a neighbor’s house and Griffin was treated at the scene then taken to Flagler Hospital.

Thankfully this wasn’t the type of explosion that took out 10 city grids in Predator, and Jamie only received minor burns.

The man who owned the meth lab was arrested and taken to St. Johns County jail where he requires 25k for bail.

James Nicholas Lacaze, 41, of the 10400 block of Turpin Avenue was arrested late Monday after rescue workers and deputies responded to a report of suspicious circumstances at the Flagler Estates residence.

There are two lessons you can learn from this story.

1. Don’t go digging through a meth lab with a lighter.
   2. Don’t own a meth lab.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #761 on: September 24, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »
Jamie Griffin was taking a late night stroll through her neighborhood when she spotted a garbage can that looked like it could have been used to store methamphetamine.

1. What exaclty does a garbage that looks like it has been used to store meth look like ??? ? What's the difference between this garbage can and the next one down the block ? How do you differentiate, in the dark ?

2. If a garbage can on someone's property for some reason 'looks as if it's been used to store Meth' and you're not a effing tweaker, what the hell are you doing even getting near it ?

3. Woman, stay out the neighbor's trash. Christ, nosey ass bitch :lol:

4. This woman was a tweaker, knows the guy living at the place makes meth, and was simply looking to score. Or she's just seriously stupid. My money's on BOTH.

Dumbass.
Oury grips & Yamalube

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #762 on: September 24, 2010, 05:28:47 PM »
Jamie Griffin was taking a late night stroll through her neighborhood when she spotted a garbage can that looked like it could have been used to store methamphetamine.

1. What exaclty does a garbage that looks like it has been used to store meth look like ??? ? What's the difference between this garbage can and the next one down the block ? How do you differentiate, in the dark ?

2. If a garbage can on someone's property for some reason 'looks as if it's been used to store Meth' and you're not a effing tweaker, what the hell are you doing even getting near it ?

3. Woman, stay out the neighbor's trash. Christ, nosey ass bitch :lol:

4. This woman was a tweaker, knows the guy living at the place makes meth, and was simply looking to score. Or she's just seriously stupid. My money's on BOTH.

Dumbass.

oh...there are ways. usually a smoke plume rising from the can. :lol:

Offline Lady4Fiddy

• Rally Queen
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 20
  • I'm just your average Crazy Ass Woman!
    • Email
« Reply #763 on: September 24, 2010, 09:56:55 PM »
Or Peels peekin out askin if you want a hit   :tweakz:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #764 on: September 27, 2010, 12:36:40 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/28/technology/28segway.html?src=busln

Owner of Segway Dies in a Segway Accident
By JULIA WERDIGIER
Published: September 27, 2010
LONDON — James W. Heselden, the owner of the company that makes the Segway, died Sunday morning when he drove one of the two-wheeled scooters off a cliff close to his home in West Yorkshire, England.

The West Yorkshire police did not treat his death as suspicious, Neil Wardley, a police spokesman, said, adding that a local coroner had yet to establish the exact cause of death.

Mr. Heselden, 62, fell into the River Wharfe while riding a Segway on his estate. The vehicle was also recovered from the river, the police said.

Mr. Heselden, a British millionaire, bought Segway in January. He had made his fortune with Hesco Bastion, which produces foldable protection containers that were used by the military and to control flood waters.

After working as a miner and after a career in engineering, Mr. Heselden invented the container unit and founded Hesco in 1990. He remained chairman of the company.

“It is with great sadness that we have to confirm that Jimi Heselden has died in a tragic accident near his home in West Yorkshire,” Hesco Bastion said in a statement. “Our thoughts go out to his family and many friends, who have asked for privacy at this time.”

The Segway, a motorized scooter that changes direction depending on which way its driver tilts, was invented by Dean Kamen in 2001 and first produced in 2002. Sales of the vehicle initially exceeded expectations but demand has slowed since then. The company is private and does not disclose any financial data.

Mr. Heselden leaves behind his wife, Julie, five children and eight grandchildren, a Hesco spokeswoman said.

Oury grips & Yamalube