Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: No front brakes  (Read 643 times)

Offline BRAD

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Constant Victim of Grammar Ninja
    • Email
No front brakes
« on: September 28, 2008, 11:00:05 AM »
Ok guys when i got done riding yesterday. My front brakes just decided to go out. i noticed that the brake fluid resevoir was about half full. so i checked all my lines and there didnt seem to be any holes or fluid coming out of them anywheres. until i got back to the Tsplitter where the line splits to run to both calipers.  And i noticed that it had been leaking fluid there.  I wonder if a gasket in the Tsplitter could be bad or if the splitter itself is bad. i havent had time to really check it over yet and i was wandering if this had happened to any of you before?

Thanks
Brad
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Offline russ-russ

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I am Epic Win.
    • Email
Re: No front brakes
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 01:22:49 PM »
My buddy has an '07 GYTR and his hard line actually broke right at the flare where it attaches to the flex line above the radiator.  We were in St. Anthony riding at the time, out at Choke Cherry with no front brakes. :lol:  He picked up a universal metric line at an auto parts store and bent it to fit, problem solved. :thumbs:

Offline BRAD

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Constant Victim of Grammar Ninja
    • Email
Re: No front brakes
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:30:33 PM »
ok guys i got it figured out.  the hard line that runs down from the master cylinder to the Tsplitter was cracker at the top in the threads. so i got to get a new one tomorrow and fix it for this weekend
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires