Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: should i extend  (Read 2821 times)

Offline yfm700lover

• Street Cred: 0
Re: should i extend
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 10:58:59 PM »
i am going to keep it stock or maybe +2 for the sleeper look. where i plan to get people is like on the glamis or grodens wells sand drag with lots of whoops. 70+ hp with long travel suspesion should make me move pretty good on the whoops.
06 raptor meny mods!

it not how fast you can go its how fast you get going!

Offline fireman5166

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 2
  • Yes its fast! No you can't ride it!
    • myspace
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 01:47:51 AM »
oh hell what do I know. go +4. bigger is always better :lol:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 06:49:42 AM »
oh hell what do I know. go +4. bigger is always better :lol:

For the dunes...yes. But not if you also ride trails or desert.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 06:52:47 AM »
i am going to keep it stock or maybe +2 for the sleeper look. where i plan to get people is like on the glamis or grodens wells sand drag with lots of whoops. 70+ hp with long travel suspesion should make me move pretty good on the whoops.

I think a +2 will not "stand out" too much.  And it will REALLY help keep that front end down with 70+ hp.  Trust me, I know all about that.  I had a hell of a time keeping my front end down.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline rippn rappy

• Email
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 08:14:34 PM »
not sure wut my hp is i havnt had it dynod yet.just got my bike back today.i want to go out and go balls out but dude said 10hr breakin.i may get it on the dyno after my 10hrs.but as far as the rear end i guess ill try+2 and see wut happens.if i need more ill sell my +2 to the next guy and get a +4. :thumbs:

Offline yfm700lover

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »

I think a +2 will not "stand out" too much.  And it will REALLY help keep that front end down with 70+ hp.  Trust me, I know all about that.  I had a hell of a time keeping my front end down.
i also think +2 will be like skipping the whoops a tiny bit better. what do you think?
06 raptor meny mods!

it not how fast you can go its how fast you get going!

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 07:16:11 AM »

i also think +2 will be like skipping the whoops a tiny bit better. what do you think?

Yes, I felt a +2 made a big difference.  I think +2 is the way to go for trails.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline 1FST690

• Email
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 06:30:08 PM »
Who ever built the engine needs a good kick in the nuts! If it was properly heat cycled, ie 4-6 times really good and the head re-toqued, go out and ride it like you stole it. Just dont hang at wide open for hours on end 8)
04 686 Duner
02 NMR 650+ modified "High Mainenance"
02 Scrambler 500
02 Sportsman 500HO ( For Sale )

Offline rippn rappy

• Email
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 11:09:24 PM »
ya a buddy of mind told me the same thing.if they built it right i should be able to ride it normal.they said after 10 hrs take it in a have the valves ajusted.my buddy told me i will know when they need to be ajusted when it has trouble starting up.i think they just want my money. i also think they robbed me on the price of building it.if i would have known about this forum before i took it in i bet u guys could have guided me in the right direction.u guys r the best :thumbs: