Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Six pack rack?  (Read 2281 times)

Offline SUNNY1881

• Street Cred: 0
Six pack rack?
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:41:01 AM »
Does anybody know where i can get a six pack rack that is removal or quick release to take on and off when need be? Or maybe a six pack rack that doen't have big grab bars on each side, basically to save space. The way I have my bike squeezed in the corner of the garage I need something small or removable or else I cant fit it in the garage with the cars also and the wife won't have that!  :help:

Offline RR34

• Street Cred: 1
  • this is doo doo baby!
    • Email
Re: Six pack rack?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 03:14:34 PM »
well i know this probably doesnt help you much, but it takes like 2 minutes to take a grab bar off.
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Offline SUNNY1881

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 04:58:49 PM »
I know I just dont want to take it on and off all the time when I take it in and out of the garage. I saw a quick release one on Ebay, but I contacted the guy and he's not making a raptor 350 one yet, but he said he was in the process and he'd let me know. I just want to see if anybody knows of anywhere else I could find one?

Offline RR34

• this is doo doo baby!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:20:17 PM »
I know I just dont want to take it on and off all the time when I take it in and out of the garage. I saw a quick release one on Ebay, but I contacted the guy and he's not making a raptor 350 one yet, but he said he was in the process and he'd let me know. I just want to see if anybody knows of anywhere else I could find one?

hmm ive never heard of that, ill look around for ya though :thumbs:
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 04:59:58 AM »
i think its rmatv that has one for the 350 but i think it looks kina gay... still you might like it, check it out

Offline Livingmylife93

• Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 09:32:40 AM »
I looked on RMATV for the removable one, not there ???
But i'm looking for a new one to being that mine snapped in 3 differant places during my last trip to the track  :mad: :mad: and im running the stock one wich looks like crap.
But then again im selling the 350 soon...

Long story short, i think it would be cool if there was a removable 6 Pack rack, and its not on RMATV

Offline SUNNY1881

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 10:30:32 AM »
There is a guy on Ebay making a removable style, I think out of his garage or something (but he gets good reviews) they look a lil big/bulky, take a look, but he's not making a Raptor 350 model yet. Maybe try to find him on there and send him an e-mail like I did and inquire. Maybe if he starts getting multiple inquiries for our bike, he will start to make them. Hopefully soon!  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 12:43:50 PM by SUNNY1881 »

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 10:37:06 PM »
This doesn't stick out as far as a 6 pack rack & has room for a small cooler or bag if secured

http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&specific=1774&from=98&mfr=3

Offline SUNNY1881

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 08:34:35 AM »
I looked on RMATV for the removable one, not there ???
But i'm looking for a new one to being that mine snapped in 3 differant places during my last trip to the track  :mad: :mad: and im running the stock one wich looks like crap.
But then again im selling the 350 soon...

Long story short, i think it would be cool if there was a removable 6 Pack rack, and its not on RMATV

Hey did you find the guy on Ebay? Im going to email him again right now, he said he was working on one the last time I emailed him, so we will see. Has any body find one anywhere else? ??? Thanks, Sunny

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 08:40:16 AM »
I'm curious.....I wonder if you could re-drill the mounts to use a cotter pin to fasten a pin though the mount?

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline fire raptor

• Street Cred: 9
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »
hey take it from me that if your six pac rack is not on VERY secure it will vibrate and break. Unless the disconnect section bolts together tightly it is going to fall apart after a little rough trail riding. Been there done that . Red locktite and torque!!!!